Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

drag racing

11K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  GEARSLAYER 
#1 ·
I own a ltz 400 modded to all most 60 hp . its fast it will do 300ft in 5 sec.
my XX ,pipe , cam and PC5 don't know the HP

took my Z to the dunes and got beat by a XX

my Z spines 12 paddle 72'' rollout tires from a 2nd gear start and he beat me

talked to the guy on the XX he said stock bore and stroke w/pipe and
F C

#2 ·
I don't drag race much, BUT I very seldom get beat... Actually twice (in same race). I got beat by 2 highly modded Banshees... There were 5 of us on the line and I beat everyone else... all afternoon. I have a 2008 700xx that is all stock motor wise with mild sand tires ( ITP Sand Stars)

roadkill

#3 ·
They must build banshees different on the west coast then here....I could pull you both faster than you can go on your own.lol

just poken at ya.

#4 ·
Banshees were way modded... motor work, exhaust, extended swing arms (in excess of 6"), straight paddle tires, and I got a bad start (my fault) but they got at least 3 bike lengths on me before I got off the line and were long gone. My first race and I didn't know to launch in 2nd instead of 1st. But I am happy to say that I was catching them in 3rd and passed the other 2 riders in 3rd... Ran out of room.

roadkill

#5 ·
Good job...it has been pretty quiet here so I thought I would poke at ya.

#6 ·
Good job...it has been pretty quiet here so I thought I would poke at ya. :surprise:
I know and it's OK... as long as you don't mean it in a San Francisco way... then you'd have to buy me dinner and drinks first. :wink:

roadkill

#7 ·
You people from cali are just sick....hey wait, I am from cali.:surprise:

#8 ·
takes one to know one

#9 ·
I resemble that remark.

#11 ·
That's true to a point... You also need to take into consideration... what kind of surface you're running on and selecting the proper tire for the surface... More important when selecting the tire is what are you going to do on your ride... In my case, I was going to Pismo for general riding, so it would not make sense to choose a tire designed for drag racing... that's why I have mild sand tires. (ITP Sand Stars) Yes, I did do some drag racing while I was there, but that was not my main reason for going.

roadkill

#12 ·
it may not all be about power...but in drag racing, if you ain't got power, the rest will make little if any difference at all.

#13 ·
You have to be able to put the power to the ground. Are we talking about quads or race cars, I'm lost but thought I'd chime in. :lmao:

#14 ·
Either or...true for both

#15 ·
Not sure where this thread is really going anymore but the XX is a great drag bike given that your racing quads that aren't primarily built to only be "drag queens". I've had a few friends come up to my property hoping to take down the XX's in a drag, only to be left dumbfounded - but not nearly as dumbfounded as when they realized how great of a trail bike it is as well.

I've yet to lose a drag race or hill climb race on the 700's and while I dont neccesarily go out looking for them, I have found myself lined up with against some serious quads that I wasn't too sure I could take down.

Start off in second, stay easy on the throttle untill she's hooked up and then let her loose. Slighly short shift into 3rd and 4th and then rev it out from there. This is how I've found the xx to be the fastest in a flat straight line.

#16 ·
I've yet to lose a drag race]
If we could meet up, I would change that for you. The XX is a good trail bike or an occasional scratch the itch run down the track bike, but it will never be a drag bike.

#17 · (Edited)
Like I said, I've never raced a serious drag quad like your raptor. I've taken out 2 trx310r's, 1 HRC 450r, a 450r trike conversion with a slightly worked motor and a "big 3" raptor. The XX's are also faster than my renegade 800r. Unless your at a drag strip, this is primarily what you'd expect to come across. Your welcomed to come up here to go riding, but I doubt your 70+ hp coupled with 2" of GC will do much good thru the first mud hole or Rocky incline.

#18 ·
You are right....I would not put my bike in a mud hole.

#19 ·
If you have a raptor you all most have to do some thing to it .we had stock raptor at St a's it would not climb choke.then on a different trip there was a raptor with something done to it ,yet my LTZ ķicked his but up the same hill

#20 ·
I am not sure I get your point....stock for stock the XX and raptor are pretty even, I don't know what "something done to it" is, or who it was done by. I do know if we were to race...you better bring something a lot faster than your LTZ or XX. lol

#21 ·
''stock for stock the XX and raptor are pretty even''........... on level sand yes they are . now lets run them up choke cherry and the 700 raptor will not make it .

now if you want fast, put a turbo on to the raptor w/cooler and 16-18 psi then its OMG ............and that's all you have to do to it . other than a stronger clutch

#22 ·
my Z, from a standing start, 2 nd gear, spins a pair of 22x11x8-12 paddle skat's in wet sand .to get any faster it would have to be 100lb lighter

#23 ·
I am still not sure what you are getting at...but my last comment stands.

#24 ·
I would say most the quads 450 and up are fairly even on a 0-60 drag on a good surface..
A renegade 800 is very fast off the line but soon gets reeled in around 35mph..
Cant quite keep up with a renegade 1000 though..
Im running 752cc, vortex efi controler and duncan racing fatboy 4 plus k&n.. I drag my friends trx700 that has just the big 3 on the road and there is nothing in it...
Now we both do 30 mph in 5th then wind the throttle open, i leave him standing!
Sand eats hp so the more torque should win !

#25 ·
752cc...that's an odd number, are you stock stroke? I will eat up a renegade 1000 in a heartbeat, unless its running a turbo, then it is back and forth depending on traction and how much boost it is running.

#26 ·
Its a hot rods big bore kit and stroker crank, im sure its 752 cc.
Ive been "owned" by a 16 year old girl on a honda 250 round a track when i had my raptor !
No substitute for skill over power.. I just didnt have the balls to jump the tabletop in one go whereas she did!
I,ve also got a stage something or other cam but cant be arsed to put it in .

#27 ·
hot rods crank is a +5, so depending on what bore you have:

102=727cc 103=742cc 104=756cc 105=771cc 105.5=778cc 106=785cc 108=815cc 110=846cc

#28 ·
to bad you raptor guys cant come to silver lake sand dunes on the raptor day . you would likely get your butt kicked

#29 ·
you would likely get your butt kicked

Very possible.....but it won't be by an XX or LTZ.
I never claimed to be the fastest....but I'm faster than you.:smile:

#30 ·
stranger things have happened

#32 ·
Maybe....but the topic was not trail racing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.