Endurance racing... - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 03-13-2010, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oops Endurance racing...

Is there a trick to it? Do you look like a jerk if you have to pit to catch a breather? I just dont want to embarass myself.
Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'08 700XX
Power:
EHS bullet box (Thanks Eric!)
EHS air box lid (Thanks Eric!)
Full HMF exhaust system
K&N air intake
Handling:
Flex bars 14* 31" Quad racer
Bling:
Honda Racing MX front bumper
White and black body work from maier
IMS fuel tank
Red Silicon radiator hoses
Gripper seat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 03-13-2010, 11:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Yeah, I do 2-3 hour enduros. Pace yourself, dont burn your energy from the start. Kind of like running a 800 or 1600M in gym class, wait till the last lap and let loose, depending on how long the laps are. You don't see many people stopping b/c they pace themselves. Ride about 70%, take it a little slower in the more technical areas, and remember you're having fun, then when you see you have a lap or two left, maybe even 4 or 5, LOL depending on how long they are, give it hell. If you ride a consistent pace, and see what lines to take and which ones arent so brutal, that will help out as well.
You probably wouldn't look like a jerk, but maybe a CHUMP LMAO. j/k. Buy a camelback if you don't already have one, and maybe a twist throttle or a thumb assist as it will get tiring on the thump.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #3 of 32 Old 03-14-2010, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

OK cool. So it isnt balls to the wall the whole time? What is a thumb throttle assist? I just bought a camlebak... damn they aint cheap...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'08 700XX
Power:
EHS bullet box (Thanks Eric!)
EHS air box lid (Thanks Eric!)
Full HMF exhaust system
K&N air intake
Handling:
Flex bars 14* 31" Quad racer
Bling:
Honda Racing MX front bumper
White and black body work from maier
IMS fuel tank
Red Silicon radiator hoses
Gripper seat

post #4 of 32 Old 03-14-2010, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I usually take the first 2 or 3 laps easy and learn the track then gradually try to go faster .
I pit around 11/2 hours in for fresh goggles and gloves . Add fliuds to me and 700xx . Can't quite get 3 hours outta stock tank.
Now I have the IMS tank , I only pit when need fresh goggles .
If this is your first race then take it easy and enjoy. Pick the pace up as you feel more confident and you'll soon find your pace .
Good luck.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #5 of 32 Old 03-14-2010, 03:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
The throttle assist attaches to the thumb throttle so you can use your palm I think. I have never used one, just have seen people do it. How much was your camelback? I picked one up the other week at Dick's for $18. And Baxter is right about goggles and gloves. I would have atleast one extra set of goggles with plenty of tear offs.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #6 of 32 Old 03-14-2010, 10:17 AM

Doesn't someone make a combo twist/thumb throttle? I thought I remembered seeing one offered a yr or so ago? maybe this would do for racing & pleasure riding?

"Old dogs don't die..they just can't cock their leg anymore."
post #7 of 32 Old 03-14-2010, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
Doesn't someone make a combo twist/thumb throttle? I thought I remembered seeing one offered a yr or so ago? maybe this would do for racing & pleasure riding?
Correct my friend , try this.
http://www.terrycable.com/products/p...aspx?id=MTA1Nw==

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #8 of 32 Old 03-14-2010, 11:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
I believe the race is 2 hrs.. It should be very cool. I just learned the picture of the creek jump on the site is this track... I got nervous all over but until I take that first lap I am sure my nerves will stay! Kelodwro what day are you driving down?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #9 of 32 Old 03-14-2010, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagirl71 View Post
I believe the race is 2 hrs.. It should be very cool. I just learned the picture of the creek jump on the site is this track... I got nervous all over but until I take that first lap I am sure my nerves will stay! Kelodwro what day are you driving down?
"I just learned the picture of the creek jump on the site is this track" Am I reading this wrong or is it a new foreign language. Are you guys still leaving this Saturday? I'm jealous....did you change your oil???

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #10 of 32 Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash04 View Post
"I just learned the picture of the creek jump on the site is this track" Am I reading this wrong or is it a new foreign language. Are you guys still leaving this Saturday? I'm jealous....did you change your oil???
what...the race has a jump over a creek....only jump I ever jumped down betty bucked me off within seconds when I landed...lol

Still leaving Sat after 5:30am...

Doug told me to stay out of his garage, he is the mechanic ,I m the rider so it will be done but once again not by me...one day I will learn!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode