Im taking the plunge - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-12-2010, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im taking the plunge

Moose and i will be entering the SORCS race on 5-30-10. This one to be exact. I have been recommended to skip the beginner class and register to race in the C class. As of now this is what im going to do. I am looking for advice from people experienced in the ATV hare scramble racing scene. With it being my first race, should I go crazy at the beginning and try to leave everyone in the dust, or should i play conservative and hang towards the back of the pack and watch people?

Do well.

"Pretty good, is hard to beat."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-12-2010, 05:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Hey Clint, I am sorry about the pics this morning. I completely forgot, until I got to work this afternoon. I will send them out in a little over 2 hours when I get home, even though it looks like you may have done it. As far as racing goes, it depends how long it is, so say at the minimum it is a 50 mile loop, which means probably a good hour and a half (all depending on the type of track, if it is tight woods, hills, this or that) to two hours. So whether you gun it off the bat or not depends on some things. How in shape are you? This isn't like trail riding, this is one of the best work outs ever. I try to race at about 85-90% full stamina if that makes sense. If you are really in shape, then try to get them off the line. But reading the website, this looks easy on body campared to straight races like I do. I mean one lap, then lunch, then another lap. I definately wouldn't eat anything heavy during the lunch, and take a camel back with you of some sort, drink plenty of water, and have fun. According to that the first 5 miles are wide open, so i would def try to work up the pack, but just remember if you get infront of some of the other classes to have some class etiqute. They should say something to you if they are right behind you, as in they aren't in your class or something. if you don't let them by, they can report you, and it can dock you spots. I know how you said once some good guy gets in front of you you're going to try to keep up, do so with all means, but remember, they are probably getting paid for this, therefore they do this all the time, and this is your first time . Hope all this helps.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #3 of 11 Old 05-31-2010, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

I won first place in "C" class and I had the second best time overall. It was extremely muddy and the entire last lap I could barely hang onto the grips. I used my friends GoPro HD Hero and filmed the whole thing in the 960p setting. However, late last night I was going through the menu of the camera trying to make the camera save videos in a file format other than the default .MP4. While attempting this I saw a option in the menu that simply said ALL. Curious to know what this option did I selected it and the camera completely reformatted the SD card and my videos were lost. At the moment I'm running a scan that will hopefully recover the videos. I have some still images that were taken by my wife which I will post later tonight and as soon as the sorcs site posts the times I can link them.

All in all I had a great time. I was extremely tired at the finish and I am extremely sore today in my quads, lower back, and shoulders. I now have two slightly bent tie rods and my bumper mount brackets are bent (I'm not too sure what I'm gonna do about the bumper bracket since its welded to the frame).

Ill more than likely run another race eventually (especially if my videos are lost for good).

To all current/future GoPro HD Hero users; don't select the "ALL" option unless you want to completely clear the SD card.

Last edited by aubfans; 06-04-2010 at 03:36 AM. Reason: miss spelling

post #4 of 11 Old 05-31-2010, 04:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
Thats Awesome!!! Congrats Clint!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #5 of 11 Old 05-31-2010, 05:04 PM

Any ideas how ur bumper and tie rods were damaged?
post #6 of 11 Old 05-31-2010, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captamer71 View Post
Any ideas how ur bumper and tie rods were damaged?

Had to be one of the several times I approached a muddy tight section too fast and smacked a tree. This now makes three tie rods that I have bent after installing my stabilizer.

post #7 of 11 Old 05-31-2010, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Well done !
Good result and the tie rods tend to bend quite often.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #8 of 11 Old 05-31-2010, 08:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Awesome job man. Did all the quad classes ride with you? As in AA or pro all the way down? And how many quads overall were there? I'd be afraid to race w/ a GOPRO or anything as that'd be something else I break, haha.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #9 of 11 Old 05-31-2010, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sounds awesome and congrats on the first race. Next time you will be more eager to win but just do what you do. The xx will steer you straight my friend.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
post #10 of 11 Old 06-04-2010, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

i finally made a video and posted it in the video thread.

Last edited by aubfans; 06-04-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode