AMA D38 - Rattlesnake Chase - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 09-18-2010, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AMA D38 - Rattlesnake Chase

Well the summer is winding down, which means the start of racing again! Tomorrow will be the second-half-of-the-season opener, which D38 Club RoadRunner Off Road Racing is hosting... Should be a great day of racing with a 8am start to beat the desert heat....

http://http://amad38.com/RaceFlyers/2010_RSC_Flyer.pdf

Quad is prepped and ready to go... Here are a few pictures...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 09-18-2010, 09:00 PM

best of luck dude ride safe,are you still running the alba exhaust
post #3 of 20 Old 09-19-2010, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Looking good and was wondering how you did ?

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.

post #4 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 12:54 AM

very nice Hope all went well ceballos

2008 TRX700XX
DWT Red label Wheels
Razer II tires
Fox Float Evol X Front Shocks
Fox Podium X Rears
Pro Armor Nerfs
Trail tech Bar clamps
Flexx Handle bars
Barker Exhaust
EHS Lid
EHS Programmer
Acerbis Uniko Handguards

2011 Can Am Commander 1000X
post #5 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

a brief recap

First off, I'll admit it, the day didn't start off to well. The night before, I set my alarm at 3:30am to be on the road by 4am. Well, my phone must have been on vacation because I swear I never heard the alarm. My wife ended up waking up and telling me, "Hey, aren't you racing today?" I replied, "Yea, let me sleep!"... "Well it's 5:30am!"... "Ah shi*!!!". I'll be honest, I gave up for a minute, and told myself I wouldn't make it being that I have to drive about 1.5hrs to where the race was being staged. About a minute later I came back to reality, and got up. I wouldn't miss this race after being off all summer and spending all week prepping the quad. It's 6am, and I'm on the freeway hauling a**!

I turn onto the dirt at about 7:45am, and I see all the racers going back to the pits. "Damn, I missed the rider's meeting!" I park, jump off the truck, and run to the sign up area just as they were tearing it down. Checked in, I rush back to the truck, head to the pits, unload and gear up! I never got ready faster in my life!... I dash to the starting line like a maniac just as the first wave of racers set course.

The banner drops and I'm off. I got an ok start, being 3rd or 4th off the bomb run, into the course. I wasn't too happy about it, but I pushed forward. It was insanely dusty on this first lap!!! I lost a couple of spots because of it; I really couldn't see! I charged ahead through the whoops, and into the rocky canyons. Just before check 2, these rocky canyons turned into sand.

I came up to a narrow canyon where I see a pile up of racers. Stopped for a bit to see what was going on, and apparently there was a downed rider. These other racers were just sitting there, so I tried to squeeze by. I tried to avoid him, but clipped him a little bit, and stalled it. Damn, now I was stuck. This downed rider was exhausted!!! He couldn't get his bike unstuck. So I helped him up, and got him going. By this time, the other riders were pissed off, back-tracked and went around somewhere.

Well, now I was alone and had a hard time getting out. A few other racers passed me, and with the help of one, got out and back-tracked myself. I hate to admit it, but I lost a good 15-20 minutes in this mess. I found some traction and pinned it through this sandy canyon onto a steep hill. It just so happened that the downed rider had gotten stuck on the hill as well. I managed to squeeze by him, and got to the check 2 where I told officials about a rider needing help.

After this second checkpoint, it was smooth sailing all the way through. The second half of the course was my favorite, as it was faster. Pinned it through a stretch called Sand Highway up to where the water truck was waiting for us. Yes, I said it, a water truck. It was a life saver as we passed these guys hosing us down in this blistering heat. Nice touch!!! I picked off a few positions, and made it to home check. The XX wasn't thirsty being that it was equipped with an IMS tank, so no pit stop for me, and off I go on the second lap.

By this time, my body was feeling good and warmed up. The first part of the course wasn't as bad as I had thought. I kept a steady pace through it all. Got to the sand, and pinned it all the way through. No way was I getting stuck, and losing time again. Made it to home check where the checkered flag came out. I wish I could have gotten to do that last lap; even though it was hottt, I still had it in me. If I hadn't lost that time in the sand, I could have gotten it, and possibly picked off a few other spots.

The Ceballos Racing/S2 Suspension prepped XX was flawless! I heard of a lot of racers overheating and calling it quits to save their rides. The 700 just charged on, and could have gone another round. Unofficial results won't be up for about a week, so I don't know exactly where I placed. I'll be sure to let you guys know. Here are a few shots of the aftermath...

This photo credit goes to Jeff Hoskins, a member here. He injured his knee, but was still able to make it out and volunteer with the race.
post #6 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Hector.. no man, I don't have the Alba pipe anymore.
post #7 of 20 Old 09-20-2010, 11:53 PM

wow dude sound like you had fun glad all went down ok hey what part of San Diego are you at i live in tijuana do you ever come down and ride down here? there are some awesome spots down here.yesterday we took off at 5 am from my house in tj and went all the way to lake Hanson long ass ride! went trough some parts were the baja 500 passes ill tell you man some parts are way to knarly! made a nasty gash to my maxxiz tire anyways congrats dude.to any riders here in the forum if you ever cross the border hit me up i know some awesome trails down here.
post #8 of 20 Old 09-21-2010, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

I hardly ever go down that way... too many bad experiences! That, and the fact nobody I know ever wants to ride. They have their quads clean at home for years, and I dont like to drive down there by myself.. lol... but hey, if you're in tj, you should come up and check out some of the races! They're in El Centro.. I'm off of Reo Dr. by Plaza Bonita Mall

Last edited by ceballos; 09-21-2010 at 12:38 AM.
post #9 of 20 Old 09-21-2010, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
post #10 of 20 Old 09-21-2010, 11:04 AM

thanx for the invite dude ill be sure to check them out when is the next race?and about not coming down here i totally understand its not the safest place in the world BUT it is not totally how they say it is anyways my parents have their pad on palomar st. i go to school during the week and cross the border every day but sometimes i stay with them.let me kbnow whens the next race!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode