1st xc race i learned alot - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-20-2011, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1st xc race i learned alot

This was my first time racing a quad, ive have raced bikes on and off for years. I had a blast, it was a mess and im glad i was on the 700 because it let me pass so many 450s that was stuck in the deep ruts and i will say im glad i had the la8ton 11/16 bar on and the elka stage 3 on it made the difference on this day. It was a deep muddy mess and it didnt look good for me as i got a dead last start my fault i kill the engine but i did keep plowing till i finished 2 in class only after i helped the guy who beat me unstick his suzuki 450 3 different times in a uphill rut that had us bottlenecked you would have thought he would have let me by lol well i forgive him he was young and needed the win lol plus im 47 and was just having a good time , so what i learned is pro taper grips suck in mud, razer tires are tuff, i needed extra gloves and roll offs help alot, elkas are worth the money to a 47 year old body and the sway bar is great. and the next time im going to get the holeshot and let the kid worry about why hes not riding a 700xx. and thank god i wasnt on a bike it would have been alot longer day and not nearly as fun as the day i had.

you dont stop riding because your to old, you get old because you stop riding!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-20-2011, 09:38 PM

Great job...I'm coming up on 40 yrs. old and am thinking about running some races for the first time also...I am thinking I'm going to do some hare scrambles in the near future...I hope you get the opportunity to enjoy more races in the future...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Black/Silver Honda TRX700XX
2005 Polaris Phoenix 200cc pooper-Sold!

Wherever you go, there you are!
post #3 of 12 Old 03-21-2011, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

thanks craigy, it was alot of fun and the next race is in april im going to try and hit that one too.and lets face it were not getting any younger if were going to do it we better while were still able and can.

post #4 of 12 Old 03-21-2011, 10:09 AM

Cool. I love reading posts like this.
post #5 of 12 Old 03-21-2011, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Me too! Me too! I am an old dude that is looking to fuel the fire on my youth as well!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Where you come from is gone. Where you thought you were going to weren't never there, and where youíre at ain't no good unless you can get away from it!
post #6 of 12 Old 03-21-2011, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC_guy View Post
Cool. I love reading posts like this.

Gunna have to agree with you there .

ssxr600 congrats and I am sure the "young gun" is grateful. True sportsmanship.

You can nail on the next race !

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #7 of 12 Old 03-21-2011, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

thanks baxter, i just went into it for the fun and exercise and hes in it for the points so i had no problem being #2 he was a nice and told me i should have won and i think that took alot of class for a young man , maybe their is hope for the future lol

post #8 of 12 Old 03-22-2011, 07:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Congrats ssxr600. Where in Ohio are these races? If they are close, I may venture down, if you have a website for them. This not racing is killing me. I love passing everyone on the 700 as they get stuck in the mud. But I normally don't get off to help out, I give them a little bump haha. Not intentional most of the time, its just when you are riding someone's arse and they come to a sudden stop b/c of the mud, you naturally give them a little shove LOL.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #9 of 12 Old 03-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
ssxr600,
True sportsmanship!!
I would have done the same thing. In this time of "winning is everything" regardless of who or what gets in your way, a breath of fresh air when someone cares enough about someone besides themselves to help. My hats off to you.
Sid
post #10 of 12 Old 03-22-2011, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

crwh45 its around the chillicothe area in southern ohio checkout knockemstiff ridge runners

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode