Sierra Cross Countr Series - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-09-2011, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sierra Cross Countr Series

If anyone wants to give XC racing a shot on this side of the US. This may be the closest venue that we have. Come on out and help the seires grow.

Precision Racing Products Presents Sierra Cross Country ATV Series
New West Coast ATV Cross Country Racing Series

Lodi, CA (3/9/2011) - The Sierra Cross Country Series is a new west coast ATV XC racing series in the scenic mountains and foothills of the Sierras. John Scott, a native of the Sierras fell in love with cross country racing while living on the East Coast. After moving back to the Sierras, John was encouraged by his East Coast friends to start an ATV XC series on the West Coast.
With the help of George Athanasiou of Precision Racing Products, Ed Teixeira of Teixeira Tech, and Johnís long time friend Jeff Porras ; John was able to bring his vision of a family fun ATV XC Race series in the woods of Northern California and Nevada to life with an eight race series kicking off at Falling Waters Ranch in Grass Valley, California: April 8-10

2011, with races in Portola, California and Jackson, California to follow. For more information go to: www.sccsracing.com

Ed Teixeira

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-10-2011, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Sounds great. Wish I lived alittle closer.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #3 of 13 Old 04-10-2011, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
waving

Well, Baxter... I was there yesterday for the first day's racing. The weather was just great, the site was outstanding and the racing was outstanding as well... Few little glitches, but that was to be expected in a new race series. This is true grass roots racing and unlike other XC series, this series is very local to Northern California and that means it's affordable for the average rider to do. Race series officials are very friendly... even to the point of showing me around the property and feeding me... wives took care of my stomach.
The pictures I took were of Open practice, Pee Wee practice and racing and C Class racing. The adult course was tight and technical and there was a bit of tree tagging, but nothing serious. Couldn't stay for A & B class racing today (Sunday) but will try to do a full weekend for the other rounds.
Rather than post individual pics, I'm just posting a link to my SCCS album on photobucket...

http://s1017.photobucket.com/albums/...dkill_ky/SCCS/

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #4 of 13 Old 04-10-2011, 05:27 PM

I wish it was closer to oregon. this would be a blast.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
11.0:1 CP Piston || +3 Throttle Body by Cuervo Racing || Web 290 Cam
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3
Rear 22" Kenda Kutter XC tires || Rear 22" ITP Sand Star tires

Dyno Tuned by Cuervo Racing @ 53.82rwhp & 44tq
post #5 of 13 Old 04-10-2011, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
Well, Baxter... I was there yesterday for the first day's racing. The weather was just great, the site was outstanding and the racing was outstanding as well... Few little glitches, but that was to be expected in a new race series. This is true grass roots racing and unlike other XC series, this series is very local to Northern California and that means it's affordable for the average rider to do. Race series officials are very friendly... even to the point of showing me around the property and feeding me... wives took care of my stomach.
The pictures I took were of Open practice, Pee Wee practice and racing and C Class racing. The adult course was tight and technical and there was a bit of tree tagging, but nothing serious. Couldn't stay for A & B class racing today (Sunday) but will try to do a full weekend for the other rounds.
Rather than post individual pics, I'm just posting a link to my SCCS album on photobucket...

http://s1017.photobucket.com/albums/...dkill_ky/SCCS/

roadkill

Thanks for the pics, does this mean you only watched and 700xx was in the garage ?
Seems a shame for one of us not to try it.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #6 of 13 Old 04-11-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
Thanks for the pics, does this mean you only watched and 700xx was in the garage ?
Seems a shame for one of us not to try it.
Yep... for now anyway. Right now I have shoulder problems, but hope I'm better to take part about mid-season. I think Remington is planning on doing the race series when his motor is back together... class A. I'd be in C over 50 class... because they don't have an "idiot old fart" class.
BTW - Ed from Teixeira was there and I met him... real nice guy. Talked about how Brits were such buttheads... j/k

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

post #7 of 13 Old 04-14-2011, 06:50 AM

You should consider northern Arizona also.

Renthal 13 tooth sprocket
FMF Factory 4.1/Powerbomb header
EHS EFI controller/airbox lid/UNI air filter
Alba Pro Elite nerf bars
Renthal Raptor660 handlebars/ODI Rogue grips/Precision Racing antivibe clamps
CCP steering damper
PRM Desert II bumper/PRM standard grab bar, PRM skidplate
Maxxis Razr 23x7x10 front tires, Kenda Kutter 22x9x11 rear tires
L8ton Racing 9/16 Swaybar
Elka Stage4 front, Fox Podium X rear shocks
Teixeira upper a-arms
Powermadd handguards
post #8 of 13 Old 04-14-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post

roadkill
Thanks for sharing that RK

Renthal 13 tooth sprocket
FMF Factory 4.1/Powerbomb header
EHS EFI controller/airbox lid/UNI air filter
Alba Pro Elite nerf bars
Renthal Raptor660 handlebars/ODI Rogue grips/Precision Racing antivibe clamps
CCP steering damper
PRM Desert II bumper/PRM standard grab bar, PRM skidplate
Maxxis Razr 23x7x10 front tires, Kenda Kutter 22x9x11 rear tires
L8ton Racing 9/16 Swaybar
Elka Stage4 front, Fox Podium X rear shocks
Teixeira upper a-arms
Powermadd handguards
post #9 of 13 Old 04-14-2011, 11:31 AM

More SCCS pics... lots more!

These pics were taken by one of my riding buddies... his motor is down so he was taking pics at this race. Pay no attention to the date stamp... way the hell off. This is why I don't enable this on my camera. 250 pics... note: Easiest to view as a slideshow.

roadkill

http://s618.photobucket.com/albums/t...s%20Round%201/

R. Waters

post #10 of 13 Old 04-14-2011, 02:27 PM

That looks like A LOT of fun!!!! Wish it was closer... It would be great if I could try this at least once... Which one is staged the "south-est"? lol...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode