Anything in the northwest? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 04-13-2011, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anything in the northwest?

I think it would be a lot of fun to get into racing my quad. I would like to do some xc, but cant find any info on anything in the northwest. I found a little info on some mx racing, but I don't think the xx would do very well for that. not sure. I really don't understand how the classes work either. there doesn't seem to be a class for anything over 450cc. Since I haven't been to any races, I don't know much about them, or how to get involved. Anyone have some info for me? thanks.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
11.0:1 CP Piston || +3 Throttle Body by Cuervo Racing || Web 290 Cam
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3
Rear 22" Kenda Kutter XC tires || Rear 22" ITP Sand Star tires

Dyno Tuned by Cuervo Racing @ 53.82rwhp & 44tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 04-13-2011, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

I did a little more searching and found a rules list for the NWQN. It looks like I could race in the 450 open as there is no cc limit.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3

post #3 of 35 Old 04-16-2011, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all your input on this guys! lol.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed

post #4 of 35 Old 04-17-2011, 07:55 PM

cross country racing

Hey just came across your post. Check out OMRA website. They have GP quad events that your 700 should be awsome for. these our 90 min races and go thru a variety of terrain. The turn out is any where from 10 to 30 quads for all classes. Go look at their sight and let me know if you have any questions. I live in salem and most of thes races take place in washington but oh well.
Ron
67i
yfz450r
post #5 of 35 Old 04-18-2011, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdpaler View Post
Hey just came across your post. Check out OMRA website. They have GP quad events that your 700 should be awsome for. these our 90 min races and go thru a variety of terrain. The turn out is any where from 10 to 30 quads for all classes. Go look at their sight and let me know if you have any questions. I live in salem and most of thes races take place in washington but oh well.
Ron
67i
yfz450r
thanks Ron, this could be exactly what I'm looking for.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed

post #6 of 35 Old 04-18-2011, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdpaler View Post
Ron
67i
yfz450r
Now that's cool. The only race series that came to mind when I read the first post was the WORCS series.... and that's in 5 western states... lots of travel!
This is just one of the reasons why SCCS was created... gave northern California riders an XC series that the average rider can actually do... without needing deep pockets or big time sponsors... OR having to share a race course with dirt bikes. Dirt bikes are a big problem for us in Nor-Cal, even to MX and MX tracks. ATVs may get an occasional practice session at an MX track (between db sessions), but to practice for what? For the most part, the actual race is for db only. We do have some CMC races, but is a series that's shared with the db crowd... then the dirt bikers complain to the promoter about how ATVs ruin the track for them and goodbye to ATV racing at that track... because they cater to the dirt bikes. Really sucks.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #7 of 35 Old 04-18-2011, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
Now that's cool. The only race series that came to mind when I read the first post was the WORCS series.... and that's in 5 western states... lots of travel!
This is just one of the reasons why SCCS was created... gave northern California riders an XC series that the average rider can actually do... without needing deep pockets or big time sponsors... OR having to share a race course with dirt bikes. Dirt bikes are a big problem for us in Nor-Cal, even to MX and MX tracks. ATVs may get an occasional practice session at an MX track (between db sessions), but to practice for what? For the most part, the actual race is for db only. We do have some CMC races, but is a series that's shared with the db crowd... then the dirt bikers complain to the promoter about how ATVs ruin the track for them and goodbye to ATV racing at that track... because they cater to the dirt bikes. Really sucks.

roadkill
The track owners in the US aren't English lol. The UK quad riders have the same problem. Most of the UK Pro's goto Germany , France and USA for winter training.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #8 of 35 Old 04-18-2011, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

yeah I was reading the omra forum, and all the quad riders are bitching about not having any races because of the dirt bikes, and all the db riders bitching about the quad riders getting in the way. I guess the reality is that the sponsor money is in the dirt bike races. they will need much more interest from quad enthusiasts to give the sport a boost in the northwest.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed

post #9 of 35 Old 04-18-2011, 08:47 PM

quad racing

I know what ever one complains about. Bikes hate quads. What ever reason we can do what we can to change the attitude. Show up at these races, don't complain and show them we are serious and want to race. Often we have a hand full of ATV's, while the bikes have 20 classes with full participation. The OMRA events are quad friendly but we need more participation. The classes are pro, expert, amature, beginner, womens, and several youth classes. I will tell you these these races are first class, great terrain, length, and sportsmanship. Thinks redneck worc's race. I have been racing these events for 5 years, and appreciate the opportun ity to compete on a more laid back level. Let me know if you have any question, are next race is coming up in a month. You can still sign up for points, only missed one race so far. Just do it!!
Ron
post #10 of 35 Old 04-18-2011, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

I'm actually interested in the Prineville Adventure GP on may 22nd. its only a 3 hour drive from me, and it will give me time to figure out the rules and what parts I may still need to install on my quad to make it race legal.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode