700xx fmx? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 09-25-2011, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
700xx fmx?

Okay, so Ive been doing some serious debating lately. I wanted to trade my 700xx for a 450 because I am really getting into fmx but I love my 700xx so dearly that I can not let it go.........its my life and I would be LOST without my xx. I know its crazy seeing how its 500lbs but I really want to be the first guy to do fmx my type of machine. Any suggestions that would help this matter? I plan on doing a full suspention upgrade this winter but does anybody know a way to significantly reduce the weight without compromising the machines ability? I really want to do this so bad it hurts, hahaha. HELP?!?!

2008 TRX 700xx. Renthal FatBars, TrailTech bar clamp, L8ton Racing 11/16ths swaybar, Maxxis RazR 22" rears, Uni Filter, Full Barkers exhaust, DynoJet III USB programmer, AC Racing front bumper/Rear grab Bar, AMR graphics.

2000 CR 500. Fmf Gnarly Headpipe w/Fmf silencer, Renthal Fat Bars, Amr graphics, Factory Connection front/rear suspention, Devol frame guards, Devol Radiator Guards, Gripper seat cover, Twin Air Filter, blue powder coated frame.

2002 400 EX(girlfriends) White brothers full exhaust, Uni Filter, White brothers Graphics, AMS rims, Itp Holeshots, IMS front bumper, Renthal Bars.

2003 Suzuki JR 50. Bone stock (For drunken Mischeif)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 09-26-2011, 03:50 PM

if you are a good enough rider to go that big, you would know a 450 is the best quad for this, but i suppose snowmobiles are fmx'ing what to i know?

08 700xx
05 Ruckus
04 450r
86 Fat Cat
86 350x
81 250r
72 CB100

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 Old 09-26-2011, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCollings View Post
Okay, so Ive been doing some serious debating lately. I wanted to trade my 700xx for a 450 because I am really getting into fmx but I love my 700xx so dearly that I can not let it go.........its my life and I would be LOST without my xx. I know its crazy seeing how its 500lbs but I really want to be the first guy to do fmx my type of machine. Any suggestions that would help this matter? I plan on doing a full suspention upgrade this winter but does anybody know a way to significantly reduce the weight without compromising the machines ability? I really want to do this so bad it hurts, hahaha. HELP?!?!
As I have tried most things , I only have Extreme Enduro's and Supermotos to do .Then i have raced one of each , here in the UK.
Youre a "Brave" guy to try this and a man with big goonads (balls).

The problem with the xx is it, it's balance. It is real heavy on the rear and light on the front. I have yet to see a vid on someone landing nose first, me included.

You can shave weight of the xx but most of this is on the front end, which kinda makes being airborne worse.

I am working on something to cure this but after alot of emails and alot posts on other forums , I am getting zero replies. Just gunna have to guess. lol.

If you are seriously wanting to try this , then I would recommend Motowoz shocks or Elka st4 or even st5 and order them direct from them. Youre gunna need some serious dampening on the shocks.Do not buy them from EBAY !(Please)
I have a few more ideas but at $2000+ for shocks , just let me know.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.

post #4 of 20 Old 09-26-2011, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Building the 700rr is about 12-18 months off. Funds being there.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #5 of 20 Old 09-26-2011, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Appreciate the info. Yes the rear is where most of my concern is, seems I'm stuffing my rear brake in the air 80% of the time I'm in there air. I havnt seen aluminum a-arms for the rear, I think that's would be a good start, also I'm going to remove the airbox and run a k&n straight off the throttle body, and I also want to make the seat stiffer.....possibly removing most of the foam and putting a gripper cover on. Also thinkingno lights rince its goin to be for fmx anyways. If I convert to carb I can aslo removing a lot of electrical and remove the fuel pump. Those are some ideas. Maybe even raising to footpeg hieght so my body will be a little further from the quad

2008 TRX 700xx. Renthal FatBars, TrailTech bar clamp, L8ton Racing 11/16ths swaybar, Maxxis RazR 22" rears, Uni Filter, Full Barkers exhaust, DynoJet III USB programmer, AC Racing front bumper/Rear grab Bar, AMR graphics.

2000 CR 500. Fmf Gnarly Headpipe w/Fmf silencer, Renthal Fat Bars, Amr graphics, Factory Connection front/rear suspention, Devol frame guards, Devol Radiator Guards, Gripper seat cover, Twin Air Filter, blue powder coated frame.

2002 400 EX(girlfriends) White brothers full exhaust, Uni Filter, White brothers Graphics, AMS rims, Itp Holeshots, IMS front bumper, Renthal Bars.

post #6 of 20 Old 09-26-2011, 07:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
I used to jump FMX on a 400ex. The 700xx is going to land pretty hard unless you land right in the sweet spot of the landing. I would use Fox floats, they're lighter than the other shocks and have more adjustability. Another weight savings would be smaller tires, go 10" wheels and shorter tires. I've seen video of guys jumping the grizzly 700. They didn't do much with weight savings, just a ton of suspension. Good luck and ride safe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cub scout show 006.jpg (31.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg n1206647778_30103462_6368.jpg (24.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg nac nac.jpg (60.4 KB, 45 views)

post #7 of 20 Old 09-26-2011, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. I miss my 400ex :/ but yeah, I want to do ten's on the back so I can run 20" tires. I have the razr 22" in the rear now. Idk if I want to remove my Razr 23" in the front tho.......it steers so superb. Its going to be a long winter so I gotta make my xx just right.

post #8 of 20 Old 09-26-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCollings View Post
Thanks for the info. I miss my 400ex :/ but yeah, I want to do ten's on the back so I can run 20" tires. I have the razr 22" in the rear now. Idk if I want to remove my Razr 23" in the front tho.......it steers so superb. Its going to be a long winter so I gotta make my xx just right.
Don't let the 21s in the front scare you off, only difference I can tell is lighter and less sidewall to flex. To be fair, I have never ran the 21s without Eds upper arms though. Might be able to tell a bigger difference between the 2 with the stock arms. Just my experience. I will probably put the 22/23s back on for the snow though.

KASH 2011
post #9 of 20 Old 09-28-2011, 03:11 AM

Just a thought on my end, for about the price of most of the mods discussed couldnt you go get a used 400 or 450? I bought my old YFZ450 for $2400 and I have seen them even cheaper than that. Just thought I would put that out there

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #10 of 20 Old 09-28-2011, 08:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
I run 22" tires up front without the upper a arm replacements and my xx handles fine. I dont even see there being an issue going smaller, especially if you have the L8ton racing sway bar. Like Crash said, you can buy a 450 for what the cost of suspension would be. I jumped on a +2 long travel ishock front end with my 400ex. I would build up a cheap 400 and jump it. Super light and tons of parts out there. Great machine!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode