User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-11-2012, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
Best machines for kids to race?

I have a son 11 and daughter 8. They currently ride ungoverned KFX 90s (I know my kids better than the government does, to heck with the age restrictions, this is America dmn it) and they are starting to hit the jumps and whoops. They are good machines but need mor suspension. Both kids show interest when I tell them we will build a track. My son has a 125 dirt bike so he knows how to shift, my daughter not at all. What do you guys recomend? I would like to start out entry level, used maybe, I don't need to break the bank.
I see some have a TRX 90 manual shift but I have never seen it advertised. (sorry didnt realise it was an auto clutch) that said this is probabily the best bet eh.
Let me know if you want to know how to get 15 more mph out of your KFX 90 (if it doesn't do 30 mph already)

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.

Last edited by Snoshoe; 11-11-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: updated my honda research
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-11-2012, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Basically I would check the rules for the races you want you're kids to run. They'll have the classes for age and engine size.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-11-2012, 06:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to NineLivez2Go
My 8 year old (9 in February) is riding a trx250x now after upgrading from a Chinese 110. The reason I went with the 250 instead of the 90 is because it has a sport clutch so you can either use the clutch or not use it, which is great for kids. Another thing that is a benefit over the 90 is that the 250 has reverse. The 250 also has a lot more suspension travel then the 90 which offers a more comfortable ride. Granted it is a little big for most 8 year olds but my daughter is a giant (4'10"), lol.

I know this is a Honda forum but another great one is the ltz250. Good luck with whatever you decide.

post #4 of 9 Old 11-16-2012, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
Thats' awesome! I should have done that for my son but I didn't see any 250s at Cherry Hill, NJ when we bought their current machines. I know he could have handled it. Thanks,

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-16-2012, 09:04 PM

My 11 year old has the 125cc Extreme, and really likes it. This is a video of a 150 I found on youtube. Were not quite up to this level yet.......

KASH 2011

Last edited by EEHonda; 11-16-2012 at 09:08 PM.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-17-2012, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
them little things scoot for a 150,they look faster than the chinese ones! i think there are some mini racers by apex too.

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #7 of 9 Old 11-17-2012, 10:28 AM

Cobra makes the best, but $$$$$$.

KASH 2011
post #8 of 9 Old 01-02-2013, 03:14 PM

http://www.pitsterpro.com/atvs/list/cat8

Pitster makes ready to race four strokes

http://www.drrinc.com/atvs.html

Drr is a two stroke that is ready to race

2006 Polaris Outlaw 500
1996 Honda 300ex
2002 Polaris Sportsman 700 Twin

Special thanks to L8ton racing!
post #9 of 9 Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 AM

Most of the faster kids that race the ama races that my son races in are on DRR's. Scorpions are also nice, but are probably the most expensive. we have a Honda 90 that we put a 300ex suspension on, then made it a high compression 115cc motor which really woke it up. I am working on getting my son to shift up in the straights and down into the corners, but he's trying to be lazy and keep it in third all the time right now. But once he starts shifting right, he's got the power to hang with the DRR's.
the 90cc ama class allows 4 strokes up to 125cc, and 2strokes to 90cc, and the age is from 8-13. so if you want them to be able to race ama in the future, keep that in mind. That's why I didnt just go ahead and buy my son a 250. I actually just bouht him a Raptor 125 as a trail bike and back up racer if his Honda breaks, as his Honda is pretty much race only now.

08 700XX
06 400EX
04 TRX90
98 TRX90
12 Raptor 125
07 Seadoo RXP
06 Seadoo RXP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode