Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum

Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum (https://www.club700xx.com/vb/)
-   ATV Racing (https://www.club700xx.com/vb/21-atv-racing/)
-   -   Hitting the Jumps Help? (https://www.club700xx.com/vb/21-atv-racing/8497-hitting-jumps-help.html)

Snoshoe 11-13-2012 04:31 PM

Hitting the Jumps Help?

Ok I see all of you guys and girls in the pictures doing these sick jumps, First, sweet I hope it was a safe landing. Second, I am 230lbs, I can throw this machine around on the ground but in the air.... if I am off the ground more than a couple of feet I land on my rears or If I am lucky and flat I bottom out hard. I have stock everything, I don't want to increase the preload. I found this just makes the rest of the ride rough. I don't have the grand for new shocks so thats out. I guess really, is there just a better way to fall gracfully?

M_Quick 11-13-2012 05:26 PM

I go about 220 w/out gear, and have never bottomed out the rear shocks. I don't jump to high, but have took a few good ones probably 5-6 ft of air. My quad don't jump much in 2nd gear, 3rd is sweet, but 4th gear you damn near need a pilot licence for that. I've jumped like a handful of times in mid 4th gear and man it's crazy, at least for me. I like mid to upper 3rd gear jumps.

justcustomizations 11-14-2012 11:43 AM

When landing a quad r u suppose to land rear than front? At first one I got my 700 I was landing front then back and was almost crashing every jump or I was either bottoming out b/c I didn't know anything about jumping..But now that I've got use to the way it handles and hav had a lot of practice jumping, my rear hits the ground and shortly after the front follows

Is that the right way? How does everyone else go about there jumping an landings?

Thanksw

Snoshoe 11-14-2012 03:46 PM

That's it. do you lean back or forward when you launch? Ive seen some wheels stopped some spinning in videos, how much does a spinning tire affect flight? Have you thought about it or do you just fly with out anilysing it? does anyone know a good site for explaining track construction?
thanks

tbird88 11-14-2012 05:06 PM

heres the way i do it. if i got a jump with no landing ramp land on rear tires first or it will be rough landing,if my jump has a landing ramp you can land just about any way but i prefer landing on the same degree slope as the landing ramp with my backs just hitting before the fronts.:xx:

Snoshoe 11-15-2012 03:58 PM

ok make sense but, how do you set up before launch? can you control your aspect in flight? How?
any things to avoid?
I am trying to be serious, I have limited experiance in this and I am trying to teach my kids.
Thanks again

Snoshoe 11-20-2012 06:48 PM

Well,
It happened while I'm overseas my wife and kids made the first jump for our race track, I have no idea its shape or size. My wife says (during our phone call) my son drove over it and got all four wheels off the ground not high but in control. Then my daughter did it, mind you her motto is full throttle or off, she hit the jump "full throttle", no idea her speed, but she flew about 13 feet and was 3 feet off the ground aprox. On a KFX 90 that really has no suspension, she landed hard and cracked her helmet. No serious injuries or damage, says she is done four wheeling, my son then took a shovel and made the jump smaller. ha sorry no video. Boy I can't weight to get home to try it.
Edit: My wife ask her "What were you thinking when you were in the air?" her response " I wasn't thinking anything."
I need some help so they know what to do.

Baxter 11-20-2012 07:32 PM

Hit it as fast as you dare ! It will take it.:D

Snoshoe 11-20-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxter (Post 111690)
Hit it as fast as you dare ! It will take it.:D

The jump, the machine, or the body?

EEHonda 11-20-2012 08:17 PM

Are you using your knees to take up some of the impact?