2013 - Season 5 racing the XX - Page 3 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 77 Old 05-01-2013, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
grin

wow! you might get your arms and wrist pulled out with something like that!you might have to do some extra hold on strength training if you plan on racing that badboy! cant wait to here more on this!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 77 Old 05-05-2013, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Always tryin !

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #23 of 77 Old 07-17-2013, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

After racing most of the year racing the 400ex and getting my ass kicked. I found the motivation to start rebuilding the 700xx. Rebuilt the crank with a Hot Rods kit , refreshed the crank bearings. Then inspected the gearbox, wow, 6 gears need replacing . Basically 3rd,4th and 5th,on both shaft.
If it was not a 700xx , I'd "shot it" by now. Good job it's an awesome quad.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #24 of 77 Old 07-17-2013, 07:16 PM

headscratch

it is not hondas fault you are hell on transmissions git rid of those 18 inch mx tires!

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #25 of 77 Old 08-05-2013, 02:19 PM

Lee, are most of your tracks sand? In the sand you will use ALOT more fuel. 12 years ago I had a Yamaha dirt bike with an odometer on it. I would regularly get 104 miles on a tank before reserve out in the open desert. Took it to the sand dunes for the first time and I only made it 65 miles before I had to switch to reserve. was amazed at how much more fuel I used.

I only get about 14 to 15 miles per gallon on my 700XX. If you are racing in the sand, then I could see only 30 minutes on 2 gallons of gas. Sand riding sucks down the fuel.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #26 of 77 Old 08-12-2013, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bergstrom View Post
Lee, are most of your tracks sand? In the sand you will use ALOT more fuel. 12 years ago I had a Yamaha dirt bike with an odometer on it. I would regularly get 104 miles on a tank before reserve out in the open desert. Took it to the sand dunes for the first time and I only made it 65 miles before I had to switch to reserve. was amazed at how much more fuel I used.

I only get about 14 to 15 miles per gallon on my 700XX. If you are racing in the sand, then I could see only 30 minutes on 2 gallons of gas. Sand riding sucks down the fuel.

Doug
You maybe on to something Doug. It only happens whilst beach racing.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #27 of 77 Old 08-12-2013, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Started rebuilding the "Rexx".
Changed :

Hot Rods conrod kit
9 gears replaced in the tranny.
Complete clutch and "Yes" everything on that page but DRC kit.
Front shoxs serviced.
Wiseco piston kit.
Rear shoxs serviced and new pipes(again).

I have a 8 hour enduro to break in the motor.

I am sorry I use Photobucket but everyone see's the pic's and not just the members. I learnt a shit load about the 700xx from greater riders/people than me , so I share everything I have learnt so much from this forum. Time to give a little back.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #28 of 77 Old 08-12-2013, 10:11 PM

headscratch

heck when i called wiseco they said they didnt have any pistons for the 700xx

post #29 of 77 Old 08-13-2013, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

http://www.wiseco.com/ProductDetail....ID=40075M10200

They do 102,103,104 and I think 105mm pistons.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #30 of 77 Old 08-14-2013, 05:27 PM

yeah i see i called about 2 years ago or e mailed them and back then they hadnt made them yet! or back then they didnt offer anything for the XX..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode