User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 Old 03-24-2013, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
2013 - Season 5 racing the XX

Has it really been that long , playing with the 700xx. Time fly's when you find the right quad.

Anyway's the 700xx is taking some building and seem to be running into a few problems that nobody else seems to have.
Hence bought a very lean 2003 400ex to help out by scoring some points whilst I sort out the 700xx.

Managed to fit Ed's stem, Easton bars and S'n'V clamps off the 700xx , oh and the the front brakes,hubs and knuckles. Other than that a completely stock 400ex. Scored some points but nothing close to what I would have got on the 700xx.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What kind of problems you having Baxter? Maybe someone here can help.
post #3 of 77 Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

The main problem is the gearbox. I have replaced 3rd gear, 4th gear , shift drum and shift shaft 3 times in 2012. Replacing the whole gearbox to cure this ,hopefully. Then we have the 9 litres of fuel in 31 minutes. They say the 700xx does not have a "Grey" wire , I say they are wrong. I have tried everything , Big 3 and added HC3 and it still runs stronger running the modded airbox , 250r Uni filter and EHS programmer and a stock exhaust.

I think I know why the gearbox goes and have bought Kyle's 11/16 swaybar to cure this but even stock 90 mins on a tank of gas is ?

I'm going to rebuild the 700xx over the next 12 months and cure some problems because this is the ultimate quad. I want to do some races in France because ,I own a 700xx. Even looking into buying a new short motor from Honda because , I love it so much. I have far to many parts,friends,ideas and a XR650r head to give up now.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #4 of 77 Old 04-07-2013, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #5 of 77 Old 04-10-2013, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
dang i thought you had a 450R too. wouldnt you rather race a 450 R compared to the outdated 400ex and the 450R is rather outdated compared to other brands. and as far as gearbox problems on the 700XX you are the only one so far ive heard have that problem?

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #6 of 77 Old 04-10-2013, 04:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Lee, when I run mine hard, I can get about an hour and 45 minutes before I need to put it on reserve. You could always get an oversized tank.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #7 of 77 Old 04-14-2013, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird88 View Post
dang i thought you had a 450R too. wouldnt you rather race a 450 R compared to the outdated 400ex and the 450R is rather outdated compared to other brands. and as far as gearbox problems on the 700XX you are the only one so far ive heard have that problem?
Got the 400ex because it was cheap, reliable and you can run it on red diesel. Differant tyres and Kyle's swaybar should cure the gearbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwh45 View Post
Lee, when I run mine hard, I can get about an hour and 45 minutes before I need to put it on reserve. You could always get an oversized tank.
1 1/2 hour on a stock engine. You have a built motor Chuck. If I put the big 3 one it has a stint of 30 minutes before reserve. Did it twice now. The 727cc motor will probably have a FCR carb and 400ex ignition. The 710cc motor stock ignition and +3 TB.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #8 of 77 Old 04-15-2013, 11:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Only 30 minutes? Something is drastically wrong then. Especially if you have it stock. Is there a leak somewhere? Get a really big Camelback and fill it with gas with a gravity line going into the vent of the tank May be a tad heavy on your back though. HAHA.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #9 of 77 Old 04-15-2013, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
i can ride basically as long as i want with the stk tank being full and a big 3 motor is what i have and believe me after burning up the stock tank being full i am wore out! you should get better gas mileage BAX! iam talking about my 700XX!

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #10 of 77 Old 04-15-2013, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

30 mins with big 3 fitted. Its the only time it feels faster than stock . Lol. Nearly ran out fuel at first beach race .Used 2 days of gas in 1 practice session and 2 races. Qualified for Pro class though. We were thinking either heat of the engine boiling the tank and or faulty efi control unit etc.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode