Evansville PA Harescramble - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-25-2013, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Evansville PA Harescramble

Did my first hare scramble this weekend. Class C 30+ Found out quickly that my 700xx needs to be set up different. It drove good and made it through everthing that was thrown at it but I felt I just couldn't go fast around the turns. Also I have large rear tires so the bike felt a little a$$ high and while going down hills it felt like the back wanted to come up. Seemed like I drove in 1st gear the entire race but first was reving the engine too high but 2nd gear was too much speed for the corners. Anyone have any experience that you can help me out? I just bougth a 13t front sprocket so I hope that will help out with the gearing issue but plan to get 22in rear tires and 23in front. Right now I have stock front tires with 25in bear claws in back(done by previous owner).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-25-2013, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
id go with a ten inch wheel set up and get rid of them tractor tires and get some kutters or x rex or rzr 2 they will turn them tires your using you need power steering with!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was there Sunday and seen you there. First off good race. Im going to be racing my 700 in the next one coming up. My question for you is did you have to pit for fuel??

post #4 of 12 Old 03-26-2013, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny3992 View Post
I was there Sunday and seen you there. First off good race. Im going to be racing my 700 in the next one coming up. My question for you is did you have to pit for fuel??
Had a great time with the race. Talked to a bunch of people were you one of them? Never had to fill and probably could have done another hour and a half. I went through maybe a 1/3 of a tank.
When is the next race? I just ordered a rear sway bar from L8ton and want to try it out.
Here is a vid of the first 40 min.

Last edited by trx700xxry; 03-26-2013 at 05:32 PM.
post #5 of 12 Old 03-27-2013, 06:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
How did your body feel the next day. Can I give you some advice after watching some of your video? I know you said in another post you haven't really done this before. See how you pulled over around 10 mins in the video to let others by? That is good, and I complement you on that, however, next time try to pull off even more and not on a side trail. As you can see you have several quads coming by, and for example the one guy stalled, right where you were parked 5 other guys could of passed him right there. In other words, you took away a passing lane. Also, I complement you on looking back to see if other racers are coming up on you, but again, you will hear them when they get to you. I didn't watch the whole vid, but if you hear them come up on you, do exactly as you did when you get a chance. Sometimes there isn't any real area to pull over for a few miles. If the other riders are any good, they wont need you to pull over 99% of the time, and you will also notice that those A and AA riders wont shout at you or anything like some of the other guys. I hope you don't think I am coming off as a dick, I am just someone that has been into XC racing for most of my life, well until I went into the service, but now I am getting back into it.

How did your body feel the next day? My cousins went down and said that saw an XX, so I assumed it was probably you. When I raced my XX a few times in WNYOA and then a winter series, it was like I was the most popular guy at the track before and after the race because everyone was coming out to check out this machine. This was back in 08/09 when they first came out, and no one knew what they were.\

As far as setting up your quad. Your tires are too big in the rear. What I ran on the XX was RZR2's all the way around and 22" high both front and rear. A lot of guys run with 1" higher in the front, but I found with this stuff, if you have even size tires, it turns better in the tight stuff, more weight on the front, my opinion though. Also, you could try some of the DS450 front shocks. That may help.

Again, I hope I didn't come off as a dick to you about some tips on your racing. Where abouts are you in PA? If you are close to NY, there is a NY series as well called WNYOA. There are only a few tracks here that are like Evansville, which is full of moto. Both of those are Nationals, one on the GNCC circuit. Wish yo uthe best of luck with it.

Chuck

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #6 of 12 Old 03-27-2013, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Chuck, I don't take any offense. Glad to always get pointers. Being in the 30+ class I was one of the older guys and didn't want to get in the way. My motto was to just finish and not to crash. My buddy was a little more gung-ho and wound up crashing on the first lap and didn't get to finish.

I never really felt comfortable with the 700xx, it felt like I was fighting it at every turn. Instead of getting in the way or crashing into someone it was easier to let them by. It also gave me a chance to rest. Although the video doesn't show it, most areas were I moved over were the only areas available because it was on a steep slope.

I did see one other 700xx but didn't get a chance to talk to the guy. Surprisingly I feel great just my elbows and triceps are sore.

Thanks again for the advice. I ordered a L8ton 11/16 swaybar right away when I got home. Next will be tires.

Rob
post #7 of 12 Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 AM

The next d6 harescramble is April 7 at hurricane hills. You will have to let me know how you like the new sway bar. I've been thinking about buying one.. what all do you have done to your quad ? I have the big 3, a 13t front sproket ,10in rear wheels with 6 ply itp holeshots.
post #8 of 12 Old 03-27-2013, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

I haven't done much. Just did a few things lately just for the race. Added a K&N air filter and hand guards for the race. Today I put on a 13 tooth front sprocket. Other than an exhaust slip-on I don't plan to do anything to the engine. There is enough power for what I need.
post #9 of 12 Old 05-15-2013, 08:47 PM

Are you going to be at the Rausch Creek harescramble this weekend?
post #10 of 12 Old 05-16-2013, 01:45 PM

Ill be there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode