User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-25-2013, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
happy Tri Series Desert Races Western Australia

Hi Guys,
This past weekend we had the first of the Tri Series Desert Races here in Western Australia. These races comprise of two days of racing( bikes and quads) where we complete 250Km each day.
I am happy to report that I picked a second place in the Quad class and the only manufacturer not to have a DNF was Honda. Two TRX700XX's entered and both finished. I was running tireballs front and rear and a dry Break tank and what a difference both products made to my race. I picked up a puncture on Saturday in the front and Sunday in the Rear and did not even realize I had, until after the race. I was also testing the 15/38 tooth combination and all I can say is that this is a real good combo for this machine.
I will keep you posted on the following two races.
Cheers
Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-25-2013, 11:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Congratulations on the 2nd place finish Richard. Tire balls are the way to go, but I've found out a lot of people here where I live in XC races wont spend the cash, so they are using Barbie dolls, yes the same ones little kids play with. It costs around $100 to do all 4 tires, and saves you a lot of money. Problem is, it works about 90% as well as tire balls. When you do get a puncture, you notice it just a little. As if you dropped 1/2 pound of air. Can't wait to hear about your next race.

Chuck

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #3 of 8 Old 07-17-2013, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
Just got back from the second race in our Tri Series, The Indee 500! What a grueling physically tough Desert Race!!! Good news is that I came away with 2nd place in the Quad Class. The Honda TRX700XX performed very well except for a hiccup when I splashed through a stream of water????
Other than that, no problems and miraculously had no punctures or cut sidewalls considering the amount of sharp rock that was out on the track. I am glad that I have just had my suspension serviced as it was extremely rough and at times I thought I was on a Pogo stick rather than a race quad! My mate on the other TRX700XX got 5th Place, so again, the Honda is proving it is a very capable Desert Racer!!!!

post #4 of 8 Old 07-17-2013, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
great finish ozzy and your buddy! i dont understand why honda pulled the xx out of the desert races in the usa matlock went back to a 450 R which dont make no sense to me!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-17-2013, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Good job! Can you explain more about the hiccup through the water? I'm just interested, but if you just want to keep bragging about the 2nd place finish I understand! Again great job....

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #6 of 8 Old 07-18-2013, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

The water hiccup was when I had chased down a Yamaha 450 and was about to overtake him when we dropped down into the river section. He shot through the water that was about 3 inches deep and I was literally an arms length away from him and about to pounce when the TRX coughed, spluttered and died. It took me about 30 seconds to get it going again and then I had all the hard work to do again. The next time I went through the water I was extremely careful but it still did the same thing( luckily this only took about 10 seconds to get going) When there was only 30 seconds in the final times between 1st and 2nd....it is not something I want to happen again!
post #7 of 8 Old 07-18-2013, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Damn so if it weren't for that maybe 1st in your class! I'm wondering if your having the same problem I was having with the sensor getting wet. Here's a link to the thread, hope it helps, https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7109

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #8 of 8 Old 08-12-2013, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

Just back from the 3rd and final round of the Tri Series Desert Races here in Western Australia. This ( the Kumarina 500 ) was a good race and was a lot more technical than the last two races. Plenty of opportunity to get caught out if you did not concentrate or were full of youthful exhuberance! Day one had me out of the traps and enjoying a good technical section in a river/creek section that had us in and out of the creek and dodging rocks, tree roots and various obstacles sticking out at all angles! The rest of the race was pretty much a good spread of typical desert terrain. Unfortunately somewhere in the mix I managed to blow out the hose between the shock and the reservoir on the rear left shock. I felt something was wrong but could not figure out whether I had bust the sway bar or got a puncture in the rear tire. On the last fuels stop I asked the Crew to check the tire and was given the thumbs up and with the dry break system I was in and out in seconds. I finished up in third and discovered after I pulled up that the hose had bust! Bummer !!!!
I knew that I was in contention to win the series and decided that it was worth just gritting my teeth and dealing with the pain later!
I started day two with 200Km's to go and did not let on to any of the competition that we had a problem. I got through day two and still managed to hold onto 3rd place even though I had some really close calls( superman had nothing on me ) and kissed the front bull bar on one occasion but managed to hold it together to get across the line in one piece.
End result was very good for the 700xx! Finished the race with me in 3rd and my mate in 5th and the series with me in 1st and my mate in 2nd. A decent winnings in dollars and bragging rights for the Honda TRX 700 XX.
Just a side note, riding my TRX 700 XX with one bust rear shock was the same as riding my Raptor 700 with a good( aftermarket ) rear shock!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode