Not EXACTLY racing - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-17-2013, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not EXACTLY racing

I took the XX to an ATV sled pull yesterday. The class I ran in was 0-700cc pipe only stock. All of the classes except 1 open modified class are 1100 lb classes. So you can weight the ATV to 1100 lbs for traction. Not wanting to go TOO far I added 100 lbs to each end of the quad. The Sled weighed 2800 lbs and has wheels on the back end and a "sled" on the front end. they told me the weight would transfer completely to the sled at 181 feet. I pulled 3 times all 3 were within the 172' to 176' range. I know this was tough on the clutch and every piece of the drivetrain. But so is the way I ride usually. This was the first time I have ever noticed the fan kicking on, but I seldom ride slow to make the cooling system need more air. I imagine the "heat" all came from the clutch, as I was having to feather the clutch to keep the rpms up. So I will be changing the oil before riding it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-17-2013, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Wow nice job! What place did you come in, and wondering how many full pulls if any were there?

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-18-2013, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The only full pull was a can am maverick. There were not a lot of guys there and I was the only one in my class, so I guess I was first and last at the same time. They didn't change the weights much for most of the classes and my pull was about average. But since most of the quads that were there were purpose built pulling quads I feel good about how the XX did. The only quad to really do a lot better was a 500 Can Am 4x4 with Nitrous and 31 x 18 pulling tires and he still didn't get a full pull.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode