Does anyone barrel race the 700xx??? - Page 2 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 Old 07-26-2013, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
Oh I'm sure it is challanging. Has anyone had a barrel beat them? Just saying

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 07-26-2013, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
This may be something we (SORRA) may want to check out and perhaps add to some of our races. We are an XC series with races all over northern Cal. We've already included MX at several sites because we could... And have just added father/son, father/daughter, mother/son, mother/daughter tag team racing because it's fun/funny to see adults get on a little quad and try to race... sure a 90cc can pull a 60lb kid, but can it pull a 250lb father?

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #13 of 24 Old 07-26-2013, 10:45 AM

Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
yes they do but because its so small I spend most my time over the bars

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.

post #14 of 24 Old 07-26-2013, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
sure a 90cc can pull a 60lb kid, but can it pull a 250lb father?

roadkill

IDK about 250, but my 90cc Sportsman will even drag my ass up a couple small hill's in West Virginia. It gets pissed at me, but it makes it up them. And I'm about 225 on a good day. I use the little 90 cc all the time when I follow my 5 yrs old's around on there 50 cc. The Trx would be over kill for that not to mention the heat blaring off the header at those speeds, lol

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #15 of 24 Old 08-02-2013, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone with the suggestions. I ran one race on July 25th and had to learn how to turn this thing in the 500 and above class. So I didn't do so hot there. Later in the unlimited I was more comfortable and was able to win about 8 races but still not what I wanted. Now I have installed my L8ton sway bar and also decided to do a little improving for August 5th. I put some wider tires on and dropped it about 4". We will see how this works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130802_105359.jpg (65.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130802_105526.jpg (44.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130801_144626_290.jpg (32.5 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by moreland2012; 08-02-2013 at 01:31 PM.
post #16 of 24 Old 08-02-2013, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
Wow that"s low! How wide is that now, and how did you lower it that much?

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #17 of 24 Old 08-02-2013, 10:19 PM

Wow moreland that is WIDE. I hope you haven't gotten so wide that it is hard to get around the barrels. Good luck to you and let us know how you do next time.

M Quick he told me in a PM that he is 58"
post #18 of 24 Old 08-05-2013, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

I built lowering links for the front and back. I also had to make a new clevis for the end of the shock because the stock one is way too long. So far it seems to turn very well and I can keep the front end planted at the barrel. I think that it will turn fine as long as the track isn't too packed that the front end just slides.We'll see how it goes tonight and I will let everyone know tomorrow.
post #19 of 24 Old 08-06-2013, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Well it rained here yesterday so when I got to the track it was very tacky. In the 500 and above class I had a hard time getting used to turning because of the conditions and I am always way nervous the first time down. I won my first match up hands down against a yfz450r. Then I lost by about a bike length to a fast Honda 450r who later won the class. Then I lost to another yfz 450r who took second. As far as placing I was probably like 10th out of 38 quads. Later in the unlimited class I went up against a KTM 450SX and definately beat him by a long ways. By that time I had the turning down and was able to keep my left front tire planted in the turn. Almost too short of a turn since i did hit the barrel but it stayed upright so I got lucky. Then I had to race my buddy who has a built honda 450R. I hung with him to the barrel but then after that he was gone. I had also switched to flat track tires which was a mistake. After that I had to race the built yfz450 again and lost. So in the unlimited I probably ended up around 16th out of 50 some machines. I found that my best turn was when I went into the corner and just cranked the wheels hard left while holding the front brakes then once the wheels were turned I would drop the clutch and and spin the back end around. I think if it were drier i could have just let the back slide but there was moisture coming up all night.
post #20 of 24 Old 08-06-2013, 08:55 PM

First while getting used to a "new" machine, You're doing great.
Second you hit on something that I do that I didn't think to tell you. When doing the tight turns I will ride the front brakes while hammering the throttle. It causes a little bit of weight transfer to the front tires therefore causing them to grip and turn better and hammering the throttle helps break the back end loose to let it slide around.
I'm curious why you think the flat track tires were a mistake. Mine work very well for me. I run a copy of the hoosier tri-tracks. what are you running?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode