FS: 1999.5 Ford F250 Powerstroke Diesel Crew Cab 4x4 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 10-15-2009, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FS: 1999.5 Ford F250 Powerstroke Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

I'll drive this anywhere in the country too. This truck gets TONS of attention.

Details
1999.5 This truck is a "late 99" and there is a HUGE difference between the two. you DO NOT want an early '99.
7.3L Powerstroke - you DO NOT want a 6.0L they have TONS of issues.
Automatic
6.5" ProComp Lift - Upgraded Bilstein shocks
20" American Racinge Mojave Wheels
37" Super Swamper SSR Wheels
(This truck has not always been lifted. In fact it has only been lifted since April of this year ~ 10k miles)

Interior:
Tan leather, fully loaded, everything works, shift on fly 4x4.

Exterior:
The truck is 10 years old. It does have some scratches and SMALL TINY little dings, but is VERY clean at the same time. Hides dirt very well being white and tan. It needs the pin stripe vinyl sticker put back on that seperates the two colors. The power washer took it off.

$16,000 obo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 10-16-2009, 03:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
In addition to not wanting a 6.0L powerstroke (because it is a suck a** engine), you also do not want the new 6.4L twin turbo ford put out, because it is garbage too.

Ford got in a big fight with int'l earlier this year because int'l started refusing warranty claims on the 6.4. Int'l claims ford is ruining the engine with the ford fuel injection control module and emission controls. Int'l apparently sells this engine in europe and it has had tremendous success (reportedly). Rumor in the ford circle is that after the dust settles the 6.4L twin t will be discontinued in late '10 or early '11 and ford is supposedly designing its own diesel for the super duty.

IMHO, if a guy had a good used truck and was in the market for something new, check out the cummins swap. There's a place in montana that sells nearly and year of cummins engine with swap kits for any truck.

I've been thinkin about doin this, but I'm not sure yet. To me the perfect truck is a super duty (huge cab) and a '05 5.9L cummins. The swap is about 12K if u do it urself, 19K if they do it for u.

Anyway food for thought, don't buy the 6.4L twin t.

"Aliens can blend right on in with your kin so look again...
oh... and Tom Brady sits when he pees."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 Old 10-16-2009, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkat View Post
In addition to not wanting a 6.0L powerstroke (because it is a suck a** engine), you also do not want the new 6.4L twin turbo ford put out, because it is garbage too.

Ford got in a big fight with int'l earlier this year because int'l started refusing warranty claims on the 6.4. Int'l claims ford is ruining the engine with the ford fuel injection control module and emission controls. Int'l apparently sells this engine in europe and it has had tremendous success (reportedly). Rumor in the ford circle is that after the dust settles the 6.4L twin t will be discontinued in late '10 or early '11 and ford is supposedly designing its own diesel for the super duty.

IMHO, if a guy had a good used truck and was in the market for something new, check out the cummins swap. There's a place in montana that sells nearly and year of cummins engine with swap kits for any truck.

I've been thinkin about doin this, but I'm not sure yet. To me the perfect truck is a super duty (huge cab) and a '05 5.9L cummins. The swap is about 12K if u do it urself, 19K if they do it for u.

Anyway food for thought, don't buy the 6.4L twin t.

Agreed. And Ford has already designed THEIR own 6.7L Powerstroke that is FORD built. It's supposed to be a pretty good motor from what i'm hearing.

A good friend of mine is a Ford Diesel tech here in dallas and I recently had him replace two sensors on this truck (EBP & IPR) and while I was there he said, "see why i keep telling you not to buy a 6.0 or a 6.4?" and he pointed at ALL the trucks in the service area - out of 15-18 trucks, 2 of them were 7.3L trucks. And they weren't even in there for work on the motors. But he pointed to them and was like "6oh 6oh 6oh 6four 6oh 6four 6four...."

The 7.3 is an AWESOME engine. It may not make the HP the newer ones do, but it will outlast everyone of them!

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!

post #4 of 19 Old 10-16-2009, 08:46 AM

I have OWNED an early '99 for seven years, can you tell me what I'm missing? Not being smart, just want to know if my truck is going to explode in the driveway or something lol. The only differences I can think of are smaller axle blocks on the newer ones and a power increase for the V-10. Mine is an extended cab eight foot bed V-10 auto 4wd. The only things that I have done are replace all of the brake rotors and rebuild the tranny, she just turned 170,000 miles and still purrs like a kitten.

They are some of the best looking trucks on the road imho. GL with the sale, yours is very nice looking and should move pretty easily.
post #5 of 19 Old 10-16-2009, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRipleXX View Post
I have OWNED an early '99 for seven years, can you tell me what I'm missing? Not being smart, just want to know if my truck is going to explode in the driveway or something lol. The only differences I can think of are smaller axle blocks on the newer ones and a power increase for the V-10. Mine is an extended cab eight foot bed V-10 auto 4wd. The only things that I have done are replace all of the brake rotors and rebuild the tranny, she just turned 170,000 miles and still purrs like a kitten.

They are some of the best looking trucks on the road imho. GL with the sale, yours is very nice looking and should move pretty easily.
From what I understand, the late 7.3 has a larger turbo, and the early 99 is the same motor from 95.5-99.

Don't think its gonna blow up!

post #6 of 19 Old 10-16-2009, 02:54 PM

Your V10 is not going to explode lol. Imho the triton v10 is the best engine FORD ever made. I have a F350 with the v10 I bought it new in 2000 it has 135000+ miles on it... It has been in the shop ZERO times for engine work. It doesn't leak oil, coolant or anything for that matter and it still runs like the first day I drove it home. It has never left me stranded. Excellent engine. In fact if I decide not to do the cummins implant, my other choice will be a newer v10.

I know several ppl with motorhomes that have the v10 in them and they also have had no problems with the v10, the only complaint I have from the v10 is gas mileage WHEN towing (expected from a gas pot), hence the interest in the cummins implant.

But overall having owned it so long and abused it 4x4ing for so many summers and using it as a daily driver I could not be happier.

post #7 of 19 Old 10-16-2009, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I thought the V-10 had a nasty habit of shooting plugs out of the head? I had the 5.4 in a Expedition and HATED IT. After changing the COP on the #4 cyl. 4TIMES because the plugs are inboard of the head and hold water. (sorry to bring this OT....FREE BUMP 4 JEFF)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #8 of 19 Old 10-16-2009, 03:50 PM

The 5.4 with aluminum heads has a nasty habit of shooting out spark plugs.

I used to wrench in a ford shop (04-06) and ya the 5.4 is junk. But we never worked on the v10... Meaning they just never came in for engine work. And I'm still buddies with some of the guys I worked with at ford and they have since jumped around to several other local ford shops and they still just don't see the v10's in the shop.

But anyway ya the 5.4 with alum heads had a tsb when it first came out for the plug holes and it also had a tech service bullitin (free repair to customer) for a timing chain noise.

So as far as I know in my exp with the v10 its as bulletproof as the 4R100 trans that its hooked to (which is better than kevlar)

post #9 of 19 Old 10-16-2009, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Yeah I wanted to set that 5.4 Expedition on fire by the time I changed that last COP. Not to mention that unless you work for Ford you practically have to remove the fuel rail (oops there went that o-ring into the razor chasm called the intake). Just thinking about it pisses me off.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 19 Old 10-16-2009, 05:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
We have four ambulances at work, 1 power stroke and the rest are 6.0's. The Power stroke is obviously the oldest but still runs the best and has the most power. The 6 liter ambulances are always messed up...ALWAYS! We had one break down at the ER last night. One of them sputters and is all choppy when accelerating till it warms up. Complete garbage. I hear ford's new motor should be better, I'd sure hope so!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode