Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Removing Reverse rev limiter

70K views 116 replies 53 participants last post by  M_Quick 
#1 ·
Here is what I did. First get your service manual. Look on page 22-3 wiring diagrams. Looking at the ECM lead #8 and #25. You will have to carefully cut back the black tape to get enough length. Cut these two wires back a little over an inch back from the connector. Splice and solder these two wires together. I used some heat shrink to protect them. Wrap them all with some good electrical tape. By doing it this way your reverse light still works:tup:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I used a Hot start lever mounted on the front brake clamp. I used a old electrical cord to get the right lengh for the new cable that I had to have made up. Works great.

Attachments

#10 ·
#12 ·
ok, so do you cut all the way through the wires and only attach the 2 on the wiring harness, or do you just strip them and bridge them together?

#13 ·
Cut both wires and just connect the two wires from the wiring harness together.

#16 ·
Duravette,
That is a great install of your winch.
Can you provide us with part numbers or links so we can build one. (winch,roller things,bumper,anything else that we need.)
Also does it mount where a steering stabilizer mounts.
A picture where it mounts would be great.
Thanks
Alex

#17 ·
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr125/duravette/TRX700XX/IMG_0123.jpg

I had to make the winch mount. The hardest part was make a mount that would relocate the upper shock mounts out one inch. You can see this in the photo. Were you see the D-ring thats ware the shock was mounted. The D-ring is great for a anchor point. The nice thing was I didn't have to cut or weld anything to the frame. Far as moving the shocks out one inch I haven't noticed any handling difference.

Parts list:
WARN XT15 12V DC ATV Winch — 1500-Lb
Part Number: 78500 $399.00
PRM-ATV
Baja Bumper SKU: XX701 $89.95
Some Custom Mounting Plates
Part Number: You!!! $???.??
One Tennis Ball
Part Number: ? $0.??

#18 ·
well, you just made my front bumper choice very easy.got any pics of the winch mounting location and the shock relocation?

#19 ·
Curious as to how many people have actually done this yet? I did it tonight, along with tapping into wire 11 for the tach lead to my TT Vapor. It was a little tricky to even find the pcm, and once I did locate it, those wires are SHORT and don't give ya a great deal of room to work!! I got it all done, but haven't started it back up to try it out, just gone done checking the valve clearances after about 20 hours of riding since new, they were spot on!! Look forward to getting the EHS big 3 on and getting her back together!!!!

#25 ·
if i understand correctly, the regulator was just relocated to make a flat spot, i believe he has tabs that go down and he ran the bolts for the a arms throught the tabs.

#28 ·
that's all badass... i dont care if its on topic or not... i'm doing the reverse switch (which looks a lot like the Dr D for the raptor) and possibly the winch. That's totally cool.

#29 ·
that's all badass... i dont care if its on topic or not... i'm doing the reverse switch (which looks a lot like the Dr D for the raptor) and possibly the winch. That's totally cool.
Thanks. Its nice to hear some feed back:rock:

#30 ·
little help?

sorry for being so stoopid,but, I love my xx, before i go cutting wires, I want to know i got it right. OK, so, under the left side fender I can see a box mounted to plastic, almost touching the radiator, it has 4 or five wires sticking down( that I can see) It has the green and the green/black wires. are these the correct wires? if not, please help. you can bust my balls or laugh at me, if you want, just please help me out. I'm tired of the reverse limiter in the snow.

#32 ·
Great pics., answered all my questions. printed them out, took them out to my garage,and......... walla, no more rev limiter. Thank you very much. The more i visit this site , the better my 700 gets.

#33 ·
Cool!

Same here.
Nice trick!
Tried it out on wet pavement, busting previous reverse speed records.
That limiter wreaked havoc on the tranny, especially in snow!

:yay: :yay:

:yay: :yay:

#36 ·
finally did mine, except i pulled the pins from the ecm plug and heat shrinked them together so i could reinstall later if needed....my process went like this

remove upper plastic and headlight: 5 minutes
locate and remove ecm: 1 minute
remove pins and heat shrink: 6minutes
reinstall ecm and headlight: 2 minutes
look around in bike for bolt dropped earlier: 10 minutes
take seat and gas tank shroud off: 5 minutes
look for bolt again: 5 minutes
get pissed off and tilt bike on grab bar to look for bolt: 5 minutes
look for bolt: 5 minutes
get extremely pissed and push quad over back on 4 wheels: .18 seconds
install upper plastic after bolt falls out of bike: 2 minutes
job complete....

#39 ·
This has got to be the best, most detailed thread ever posted. Thanks duravette, you made it idiot proof. you gave the greatest instructions and pics. for one of the best mods you can do. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.