Your new TRX700xx
As with any new machine, it may have setup issues from the dealer. Typical Honda fit and finish is outstanding. Dealer preparation on the other hand often leaves something to be desired (the sixteen year old in the back).
Experience has taught me that a complete inspection of the machine after taking it home has saved me countless problems. I'm starting this thread to build a checklist of things to inspect when the new hotness arrives home. If everyone that has experience with new machines would weigh in with the experiences, this could build to a nice way for new owners to avoid the perils that we have learned from. Here are a few things come to mind:
1. Check all fluid levels as per the manual (oil, coolant, brakes)
2. Check all cables for proper tension and adjustment
3. Check that all shipping shims, bolts, tags, ect... have been removed
4. Check torque values for wheels, shaft bolts, shock bolts, ect...
5. Lubricate the chain and cables
6. Check that the air filter has been properly oiled
After first run:
1. Change the oil and check all other fluids
2. Clean and inspect the entire machine
3. Check torque values again
4. Clean the air filter and re-oil
More long term items should also be checked. I have found on a number of occasions that the factory often uses minimal grease on the majority of the moving parts. One thing I typically do is pull most of the suspension and re-grease everything after the first 25 to 50 hours. I know it is a pain, but it saved the wife’s DR350 from a set of dry bearings from the factory.
Perhaps the Admin could make this a "Sticky"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TRX700xx - FMF 4.1 Complete, FMF Tuner, UNI Filter, DG GNCC up front, AC Six Pack out back, Motion Pro, Trail Tech Bars and Clamps, Trail Tech Stealth Vapor, Maxxis Razor II on Black ITP T9' Front - Go Fast - Don't Look Back.
2008 TRX700xx X 2
1998 - XR600r Yosh pipe, XR's Only Suspension, Hardend Rockers, Big Valves,...
2003 Excursion V10 (Pull Toy)
2003 Warlock 28SXT Cat, 540ci Merlin III (650hp), Merc Bravo 1,...