Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

oil mod

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  cataway 
#1 ·
done to get more oil to the overhead cam
parts needed ; 12mm 1.0 thread x 3AN flare banjo fitting
20'' oil line w/90 degree end
1/8NPT 3AN 90 degree fitting
drain coolant and remove water pump , remove 12mm 1.0 plug from housing , remove valve cover drill and tap hole to 1/8 NPT . and replace back on to head
install banjo fitting bolt in to housing ,attach oil line , tighten fittings, replace water pump and coolant

the banjo fitting i used had to be modified ,drilled out to except a 12mm bolt . if you get the same one i did expect to perches a different bolt

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice thanks for sharing info and photo's. I'm wondering if this will rob oil from somewhere else? So keep us updated on how this works down the road. Also moving thread to how to section. :smile:

#3 ·
the psi is rather low ,something like 5 psi . its more of a high volume system than high psi . i do believe i have taped into the return to the tank side of the pump. how much flow am i going to get ?? time will tell. i don't want a lot really justa steady stream.

#4 ·
so far its doing what I expected it to do. get even more oil squirting on to the camshaft.

#5 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.