HID Headlight Install!!! (Your next mod!) - Page 2 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 192 Old 04-26-2009, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Got 'em hooked up, turned power on, flipped the switch...they're on, then......POP!! F%$#!! What happened?! Checked the bulbs (look okay). Check voltage (none at the new plugs). Check voltage at the stock plug (nothing). Fuses... Where the hell are the FUSES?!

Just an FYI for others: I had to upgrade my 10Amp to a 15Amp for the additional draw from the HIDs.

Problem solved...crisis averted....Carry on Pvt. Pyle

Stock Lights:

New HID 8000K:

FOOLEO - 260lbs of pure attitude
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------------------------------------------
'08 700xx: 2-Bros Slip-On, Renthal Bars, DG Nerfs, UNI Filter, 13T sprocket, HMF Programmer, 22" RAZRs Front & Back, ASV Levers (Red)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 192 Old 04-27-2009, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooleo View Post
Got 'em hooked up, turned power on, flipped the switch...they're on, then......POP!! F%$#!! What happened?! Checked the bulbs (look okay). Check voltage (none at the new plugs). Check voltage at the stock plug (nothing). Fuses... Where the hell are the FUSES?!

Just an FYI for others: I had to upgrade my 10Amp to a 15Amp for the additional draw from the HIDs.

Problem solved...crisis averted....Carry on Pvt. Pyle

Yep! I had the same thing happen to mine! They look awesome, don't they?! Take it out in the street and see how far you can see, you might want to aim your headlight down a little bit, I did.

Yep, fuses are next to the battery under the seat and under the rubber cover thingy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #13 of 192 Old 04-27-2009, 06:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
Wow! That is pimp!

post #14 of 192 Old 05-01-2009, 03:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to bkabner Send a message via MSN to bkabner Send a message via Yahoo to bkabner
I really like the looks of the HID setup...I don't do a lot of riding at night, but I'm going to do the swap anyways...Thanks for the guide, tips, and the link to the stuff on ebay!

2008 Honda TRX700XX-Red/Black, Full HMF Bill Ballance Pro Series-Carbon Fiber, HMF EFI Controller, Moose Air Filter, Modded Air Induction Box, Flat Black Rims, 22x10x11 Maxxis Razr Rear Rubbers, 23x7x10 Front, and much more on the way-STUPID UPS! LoL
post #15 of 192 Old 05-03-2009, 03:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Jeff, im clueless about HID's. why did you choose the H6M bulb?

Fooleo, what bulb did you choose with the 8K?

"Aliens can blend right on in with your kin so look again...
oh... and Tom Brady sits when he pees."
post #16 of 192 Old 05-03-2009, 07:46 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkat View Post
Jeff, im clueless about HID's. why did you choose the H6M bulb?

Fooleo, what bulb did you choose with the 8K?
H6M refers to the base of the bulb, Its a description of what housing it fits in. Fooleo bulb is a H6M also. The 8K is the bulb color. The higher the number the less usable light the bulb puts out. A 4K bulb is the brightest and most natural color, 8k bulbs have a blue tint with less visibility and a 10k would be purple in color and wreck you into a tree when night riding from low illumination.
post #17 of 192 Old 05-03-2009, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks smooth.

<------- will not b wrecking n2 a tree with purple lights lol

Made an offer on ebay, hope he takes it.

"Aliens can blend right on in with your kin so look again...
oh... and Tom Brady sits when he pees."
post #18 of 192 Old 05-05-2009, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

I think the perfect bulb is a 6k, but thats just me. I like BARELY blue tint, looks very high end. If the 4300k is brighter than the 6k... i'm glad I got 6k, cause these things are retarded bright! I'm hoping to have night ride video soon!

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #19 of 192 Old 05-05-2009, 08:02 PM

which was the fuse switched out? the 10 in the center or on the side? or both????
post #20 of 192 Old 05-05-2009, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceballos View Post
which was the fuse switched out? the 10 in the center or on the side? or both????
The one that blows lol

its only one fuse thats a 10, i put a 15 in mine i think. I forget which one it is.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode