Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

New Seat Cover

14K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  M_Quick 
#1 ·
So I have looked everywhere for the size of staples to use on reattaching my new seat cover, but I have found nothing. If anyone has changed one out do you remember the size ?:thanks:

#2 · (Edited)
I went and bought a cheap, http://www.harborfreight.com/20-gauge-wide-crown-stapler-68029.html

And used the 20 Gauge zinc plated. Crown: 7/16" by 5/16" length staples. says compare to Arrow T50 Fasteners. They looked a tad longer than oem, but worked well. And so did the cheap air tool, from HF. And btw i had a coupon it was like $18.00 or so...

#3 ·
All I did was popped a original staple out of seat, and went to store. I think OEM staples are like 9/32" in length but not for sure.

#9 ·
nice is that an HCC or some other brand? is it gripper on top?

#12 ·
come on now you got all that horsepower and torque when you hit the throttle!

#13 ·
Gotta love HCC's seat covers, just fitted mine up, with some extra padding. Comfy.

#14 ·
Gotta love HCC's seat covers, just fitted mine up, with some extra padding. Comfy.

Nice seat, I almost went with that color combo, but wanted the gripper top. Do you know anything about treating or protecting the embroidering? I think I need to call HCC and see what the say.

#15 ·
Nice, I like the Red on Black even better. Let us know if you get any info on protecting the embroidery, I had reservations about it's longevity too.

#18 ·
Andrea @ HCC,

Told me the embroidering holds up well, and you don't need to do nothing to it. Only problems they have seen is in the lighter colors, like white, and yellow. However she did say you could use scotch guard on it if you wanted to, just to make it repel water and dirt easier. And she said power wash scrub what ever they hold up great!

#19 ·
i used 1/4 inch staples and did it my self with a hand stapler it came out fine no ripples or bumps. i also did the red top with the 700xx on the side i didnt was to go all black so i gave up the gripper. i was told to take the seat off and hand wash it with a light soap, i put my airbox lid in a plastic bad and snap it back on. i want it to last as long as possible

#21 ·
#27 · (Edited)
Definitely not as bright as it was 7 years ago, but still looks great imo. I took close ups, so you could tell there's little to no fraying.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#30 ·
Yeah HC Camo does great work, at a awesome price.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.