$25 LED 55 watts install - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-07-2013, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
$25 LED 55 watts install

Dirtwheels had a $400 Trail Tech 75watt LED kit on a Honda 400EX. Got me thinking about putting one on the 700. So at Walmart saw a pair of Off Road LED lights. Waterproof/ rugged ($18) then Lowes for a 10" steel bracket. Cut the bracket in half. Mounted to the shocks like the 400 picture and I'm hoping for the best! The light makes a difference, but I haven't ridden it to see how well it holds up. For $25 and some time, I have nothing to lose and $375 to gain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2341.jpg (104.8 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2342.jpg (62.8 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2343.jpg (74.7 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2344.jpg (59.7 KB, 144 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-07-2013, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
nice i would never pay 400 for them trail techs i saw that too ,good job on your deal and on a drunken night i sure would hate for it if i had those 400 trail techs would be destroyed id rather red neck it ,mount a 10million candlepower spot light to it butthe bulb prolly couldnt take too many jars and impacts,let us know how they hold up after you ride a few times.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-15-2014, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
if I have the hid kit wired into the low beam could I wire these into the high beam and not have to add another switch??

post #4 of 9 Old 03-15-2014, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
That's pretty cool. How do you have them wired? Did you tap into the harness, or did you go to the battery?

TRX700XX
KFX700
TRX250EX
85 ATC250R
post #5 of 9 Old 03-17-2014, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Does it state how many lumens the led lights are ?
post #6 of 9 Old 03-17-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbleach View Post
Dirtwheels had a $400 Trail Tech 75watt LED kit on a Honda 400EX. Got me thinking about putting one on the 700. So at Walmart saw a pair of Off Road LED lights. Waterproof/ rugged ($18) then Lowes for a 10" steel bracket. Cut the bracket in half. Mounted to the shocks like the 400 picture and I'm hoping for the best! The light makes a difference, but I haven't ridden it to see how well it holds up. For $25 and some time, I have nothing to lose and $375 to gain.
yeah that all find and dandy but this cat hasnt been on here on almost a year and we never got a report on how it worked ? personally i think it wouldnt hold up to my riding style!

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #7 of 9 Old 03-19-2014, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Sorry guys. I haven't been checking this site out.
The lights have held out. The are "cracked" but it's not from the outside. I think what happened is the bulb gets hot on the inside and when water/mud cooled down the glass/plastic it created the "crack" look.
I used them on our last trip to Hatfield McCoys and they were a great help. We rode at night and it gave me much more light for $25 bucks.
I've got them hooked up straight to the battery with a fuse in line.
So far there hasn't been a problem. Just remember to cut them off or you'd run the battery down.
I had thought about taken them off, but they still work. If one or both burn out or bust, I'd either take them off or get another set.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-19-2014, 07:02 PM

appreciate the feedback for 25 dollar you cant go wrong!

post #9 of 9 Old 04-14-2015, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
xtra lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird88 View Post
appreciate the feedback for 25 dollar you cant go wrong!
how many amps will a 700xx take care of , if wired into the low or high beams ? that way it could be controlled w/ the stock light switch. what kind of bulbs to run this way ? just curious------bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode