[DIY]Race Cut Fenders - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-07-2013, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[DIY]Race Cut Fenders

Here is how I did my race cut fenders today. I based it off of RaVxX post here - https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6778

I masked off what I thought I wanted and would work to use as a guide during the cutting phase.

Roughing it in.

Then came back with a blue sharpie and fine tuned the edges.

I then used a dremel and a box cutter to cut the line I made with the masking tape. I left a masking tape width of area between the lower plastic and where it meets the upper plastic because I wanted to make sure it had stable connection without having to cut tabs to make it look nice. I hoped the extra bottom would cover the tabs up from viewing it and would require no snipping of the tabs. It did indeed do that, it also gives it a cool two tone look since I have the red and black fenders. You can get away with cutting the tabs as there is two screws that hold the upper and lower plastics together anyway.

After all done I took the tape off and place it all back on the bike.

Here is what was cut off and scrapped.

Finished project, almost. I still want to run the dremel around the cut edges and sand/buff them down for a smoother cleaner look. I think it turned out super nice. I also am thinking of cutting the nose down a bit. During my cutting I left the plastic area with the upper slots that the nose snaps into, I might cut it up around to just before those slots.Hope this helps anyone else looking to do the same or similar project

700xx race cut fender project by Jhudnal, on Flickr

-Oregon-
2008 Honda TRX 700xx
13T Front Sprocket (going back to 14t for sand)
Airbox lid delete
Spark arrester delete
10' rear DWT blue label with paddle for sand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-07-2013, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Looks good, but I'm wanting fenders and mud flaps for mine!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
sand = no fenders- trails and mud =fenders. in trails with mud i want fenders which dont help much compared to a ute

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear

post #4 of 7 Old 06-07-2013, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

I still have the fenders by the legs.

-Oregon-
2008 Honda TRX 700xx
13T Front Sprocket (going back to 14t for sand)
Airbox lid delete
Spark arrester delete
10' rear DWT blue label with paddle for sand

post #5 of 7 Old 06-08-2013, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
It don't seam to matter in the mud on a stock TRx700. There's just no avoiding getting dirty. The DS fender mod I'm sure will help a lot thou.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #6 of 7 Old 06-27-2013, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Looks better after shaving the fender... Good job on dong the documentation.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-26-2015, 08:31 PM

Finally brought myself to cutting on my quad today. Thought I'd add a tip that cutting a bit bigger than your line at first then shaping it up with a flapper wheel on a dremel worked real well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150426_164602.jpg (97.8 KB, 27 views)

2008 700xx red/black
UNI air filter, EHS EFI controller, Moose 13T sprocket, JnJ Skid plates, DDM HID headlight, L8ton 9/16 sway bar, IMS Fuel tank, FMF Factory 4.1 with spark/quiet insert, FMF Powerbomb header with wrap, Superwinch, Garmin eTrex 30 GPS w/ ram mount, Pro Taper SE Handlebar, ITP T-9 GP front wheels, Alba nerf bars, DS 450 XMX front shocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode