User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 Old 09-30-2009, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Things to add:

I use tiedowns to hold the bars straight.So no chance of movement when adjusting.
On the gold rod , one nut is right hand thread and one is left hand. so take care when loosening the locknuts.
I set mine at 6mm toe in ,but this my preferance and if the manual say's 0mm . Set it to 0mm.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where did you get the steering staft?

For the shaft repacement, where did you get the shaft? Part number and cost?

Thanks.
post #13 of 21 Old 04-04-2010, 11:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to coolkev25
i had to fix my stem not long after i got mine! rolled it backwards about 3 times, before it bent! then i took it out, cut out bent area, replaced it with roll cage tubing, welded it back together. havent had and problems since.

post #14 of 21 Old 06-25-2010, 02:11 AM

wow 5WOP3 you have everything
is that a rappy in the background?
good stuff
post #15 of 21 Old 04-01-2012, 12:47 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
what do u need to remove the lower steering stem bearing or are they easy to get out i need to know ill have mine tore down this weekend im gonna go ahead and replace them while it out
post #16 of 21 Old 12-07-2012, 09:33 PM

Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
When I first got my xx home the bars felt out of wack. I knew the prior owner rolled it and replaced the bars. but after a non manual tear down the OEM shaft had a 10 deg bend near the top. After a few wacks with a 10 lb hammer it was a little straighter but the tube walls are thin and now slightly flat. I ended up supporting it with some 2x4s and straightened it out to about 1 deg. Then a small ball peen hammer to fix the flats, reassembled and "good as almost new"
"If she doesn't find you handsome at least she'll find you handy" Red Green

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
post #17 of 21 Old 12-08-2012, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoshoe View Post
"If she doesn't find you handsome at least she'll find you handy" Red Green

Lol I almost forgot all about this guy. It's been years since I watched any of his shows. I just goggled this info thou!

http://www.redgreen.com/

http://www.youtube.com/redgreentv

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #18 of 21 Old 12-24-2012, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So my brother ran my atv in to a tree and bent the sh!t out of my stem and bars. I bought a new set of bars from member Seabass on here (great guy, good purchase) and a new steering stem from Mrcycles.com (http://goo.gl/e40WM), #3 which in the picture appears to be the correct part. The part that I received, however, was quite different from the correct part.
I take off the plastics and the headlight, and look at my stem. I look at the replacement I bought, then look back at the stem. This is what I see:

The stem is very different from the one in the picture, and the actual one on the bike. It's about 5" shorter than it should be, and it's missing the entire steering limiter and mounting points for the tie rods. It also has these bolts welded to it (circled in red) that are not present on the stock stem. I'm not too pleased right now. I live in canada and getting this thing was a hassle, and any inconveniences are going to be quite difficult to resolve.
I think I will be able to take the stem out and weld it back true at school, but I will possibly need an extension of some sort like coolkev25 did. I dont know what tubing I'll need to do that but I should be able to figure it out.
Anyone have any thoughts? I'm pretty rattled about this whole deal, its pretty inconvenient.

post #19 of 21 Old 12-24-2012, 06:13 PM

Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
Isnt that one for the trx 700 4x4 not the xx? no way to get that to work lol sorry
how bad is the oem? I was able to restraighten mine with some proper application of pressure. just be carefull the oem shaft has rather thin metal.
GBA Merry Christmas

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.
post #20 of 21 Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Great write up, man. Maybe this is why my left tire rubs the nerd bars slightly when I have the bars cranked all the way. �� Ya think?

Where you come from is gone. Where you thought you were going to weren't never there, and where youíre at ain't no good unless you can get away from it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode