Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Maier Plastics

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  kelodwro 
#1 ·
OK, first let me get this out... they are very pretty to look at...
That being said:
They dont fit 100% much like a body kit for a car they have to be shaved, and torqued to fit. The supplied bolts, such as with the radiator guards, dont fit the stock threads to a "T" so you have to be a bit rough to make them work. The rear fender does not have the same mounting locations as the stock one... They give you a plastic plate that is supposed to make it stiffer, but even that has to be massaged into place...

Please do not read this like I am a guy that has just stripped the plastics once, and put these on, I have put the plastics on and off at least 5 times, so I know how they all are supposed to feel...

I have not finished installing the pieces (I bought all new plastics and the IMS tank) but the short of the long story here is that they are very frustrating to work with.

#2 ·
Thanks for the info, was thinking about getting their plastic later on this year but now might think twice. For the price they are charging, the plastic should bascially fit like a glove.

#5 ·
Order those parts that I listed in the other post but also sent them an email about the issues you had and basically told them for the cost of the plastic would have they would fit like a glove and if not then I would rather just cancel the order. I don't want to fight with them every time I need to remove them and if we have to make some mods on them to fit then they might void the warranty

#6 ·
Overall after I fought with the radiator guards the rest went good... I was so mad about them though that I almost tossed a demo hammer threw my wall... (I am very good at demo... haha!!!)

Again, after the radiator guards the rest went easy... haha!! Dont get me wrong, I was pissy, but, it went well the next day... Pics are in my other post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.