hey fellas - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-14-2009, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey fellas

i am considering buying a 700xx 08. any advice, pros/cons. i live in orange cty, ny (hudson valley area) & would appreciate any help you guys can give. reviews of the 700xx i've researched are all over the map. some great, some soso, some bad. i ride varied trails. i look forward to hearing from you guys

86 atc 250R honda all the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-14-2009, 07:22 AM

Well Philo, I've owned a few quads. 99' 400ex, 06' 700r raptor, 07' 700grizzly, 08'700xx. Which the XX is my favorite, I've ridden all kinds of different quads and dirt bikes. Its not a jump on and ride the same as a sra (strait rear axle) quad it takes some gettin used to, but after that katie bar the doors, U wont look back! Its the best quad for techinal trails on the market. The IRS works flawessly. Hope this helps!

700XX CRAZY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HMF Ballance slip-on
PCIII w/"BO MAP"
Outerwear Lid Mod (by me)
Trail Tech Riser
Chub Bars
HONDA Bar Pad
RAZR2 Fronts
RAZR Rears
Elephant Ear Hand Guards(LOL)
post #3 of 13 Old 06-14-2009, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

post #4 of 13 Old 06-14-2009, 12:41 PM

Hey Philo,

I bought an 08 700XX a couple of months ago and love it. Like 700XX Crazy said it is different from the sra bikes, but it doesn't take long to get used to the IRS. Just out of curriosity, from your reading, what are some of your concerns about the 700XX?

If you list your concerns, I'm sure you'll get a ton of replies that will validate or refute those concerns. The guys on this site are pretty honest and knowledgable, but you'll have to endure the sarcasm (Scuzz!).
post #5 of 13 Old 06-14-2009, 01:16 PM

Hey! It's just part of what makes me so cool. (more sarcasm)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 13 Old 06-14-2009, 04:18 PM

Haters are really just fans in disquize! Scuzz is great dude! No matter what remark he comes off with!

700XX CRAZY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HMF Ballance slip-on
PCIII w/"BO MAP"
Outerwear Lid Mod (by me)
Trail Tech Riser
Chub Bars
HONDA Bar Pad
RAZR2 Fronts
RAZR Rears
Elephant Ear Hand Guards(LOL)
post #7 of 13 Old 06-14-2009, 07:27 PM

Scuzz,

I get your sarcasm even without you telling me it's sarcasm! I have the same sense of humor. I think it's funny when I know you're being sarcastic and someone replies to you as though you were seriously saying what you said.....If that makes any sense. Anyways, just trying to have some fun with you Scuzz, but you already knew that!!

Peace
post #8 of 13 Old 06-14-2009, 07:45 PM

Yeppers I knew, I just hope that everyone else here knows that too.

You guys rock.

{queues up Koombaya}

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 13 Old 06-14-2009, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

thanx for the replies. some of the video reviws i watched the riders complained about weight, low end torque, chassis roll/pushing through corners, not being able to slide the rear end out (my favorite), and some considered it underpowered for a 700. i also noticed every owner on this forum has big money in mods before being satisfied. what can you guys tell me. later
post #10 of 13 Old 06-14-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo_Bedo View Post
thanx for the replies. some of the video reviws i watched the riders complained about weight, low end torque, chassis roll/pushing through corners, not being able to slide the rear end out (my favorite), and some considered it underpowered for a 700. i also noticed every owner on this forum has big money in mods before being satisfied. what can you guys tell me. later
Let's see, I'll only answer the questions I am comfortable with and these are my experiences on a bone stock bike.... the only time I notice the weight is when I have to lift it to move it for some reason. Can't say I really notice it when I am riding.

I do have a problem with the pushing through corners at low speeds and you're right.... I will have to make mods to fix that problem. However, when traveling at a speed faster then a crawl, early prep and sliding your ass over a little further to help counter the roll helps those problems. You can slide the bike around corners (I do), but it is not anything like a sra.

I personally have no problems with the torque and power (it pulls through all five gears), but I'll let the other guys with more experience speak on this topic.

I've only been on a few other forums, but it seems to me that they all spend big bucks on their bikes. So, I think most of the guys on this forum already loved their 700XX before they spent the money on upgrades.

Another good thing about the 700XX is the ride. The IRS absorbs a lot!! I do a lot of trail riding, so this was very noticeable right off the bat. Also, when hitting jumps it is more forgiving when landing imperfectly (off-camber).

Enough!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode