First time new guy - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 02-09-2014, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First time new guy

What's up guys and ladies? My name is Anthony but you can call me Ant. I will be purchasing my first quad and learning how to ride for the first time also. I look forward to obtaining as much knowledge as possible from you veterans out there. I'm currently in Ohio so it will be hard finding time to learn to ride without the law intruding. I'm excited and can't wait to begin this adventurous chapter of my life!

Last edited by firstquad; 02-12-2014 at 05:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 02-09-2014, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the club Ant! I'm from Columbus, and you'd be welcome to ride with me at WNF this year. Are you getting the TRX700xx ?

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 Old 02-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ant,
Welcome to the forum. Great place for all things 700XX. Are you purchasing a 700XX or something else? What ever it is enjoy it and make sure you have all the safety equipment on when riding. Most especially a good quality helmet and some gloves. If there is a safety course available in your area, I would recommend attending it. Lots of super techniques for riding the machine safely.
Again, welcome.
Sid

post #4 of 19 Old 02-11-2014, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
Welcome to the club Ant! I'm from Columbus, and you'd be welcome to ride with me at WNF this year. Are you getting the TRX700xx ?
Thanks buddy for the invite, but I don't think I would have learned enough or have the confidence to ride along with someone. I am planning on purchasing a used 700xx for 3k.
post #5 of 19 Old 02-11-2014, 07:40 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome from ohio, I am in mentor where are you?
post #6 of 19 Old 02-11-2014, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Ant,
Welcome to the forum. Great place for all things 700XX. Are you purchasing a 700XX or something else? What ever it is enjoy it and make sure you have all the safety equipment on when riding. Most especially a good quality helmet and some gloves. If there is a safety course available in your area, I would recommend attending it. Lots of super techniques for riding the machine safely.
Again, welcome.
Sid
Hello sid... I do plan on getting the 700 yes sir
Also, I don't even plan on sitting on the seat without the proper safety equipment on. I'm not sure if there is an ATV course, but there is a motorcycle class I wanted to take just to get familiar with clutches And what not
post #7 of 19 Old 02-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Sid

firstquad,
A little extra advice. If you are buying a used quad please have a knowledgeable friend or someone, with experience, who can look over the machine and give you his/her best appraisal of the condition. Additionally, the price can be checked on the internet. Don't trust the sales pitch by the seller.
Let us know what you get. We all wish you the best on your purchase.
Sid
post #8 of 19 Old 02-12-2014, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot View Post
Welcome from ohio, I am in mentor where are you?
Thank you.. I am from Garfield Hts Ohio
post #9 of 19 Old 02-12-2014, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
firstquad,
A little extra advice. If you are buying a used quad please have a knowledgeable friend or someone, with experience, who can look over the machine and give you his/her best appraisal of the condition. Additionally, the price can be checked on the internet. Don't trust the sales pitch by the seller.
Let us know what you get. We all wish you the best on your purchase.
Sid
Good advice but I have no one who can assist me with inspecting the quad. I am all alone on this. Is there anything you can think of that I should really look at? I have to drive 2hrs to meadville, PA where the quad is located.
post #10 of 19 Old 02-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Sid

firstquad,
First thing is give a once over with a visual inspection. Rust, damaged plastic, bent handle bars, worn tires, machine sitting somewhat off "normal", shocks leaking or the adjustment nut cranked all the way down (heavy rider or has been seriously jumped. Check oil level (could have been changed to sell quad--also no water in the oil (milky color), look at water level in coolant recovery bottle (should be up to level and a nice green color), Inspect battery for corrosion or damage, Inspect air cleaner for service and cleanliness (should not be any oil in the air box), smell the gasoline for foul smell (old fuel). If owner has any paperwork on periodic maintenance look at it carefully. Does owner owe any money on the machine? Does owner have a clear title in his or her name?
What brand machine is it? If at all humanly possible see if "whynot" might be available to help you decide. Really would be nice if someone could ride it for you because this would show up any abnormalities in the handling like a bent frame
As for additional help deciding, check with the local shops to find a riding club near you so you aren't counting on only what I have suggest but have other inputs from those people and, no doubt, from many other members on this forum.
Please do the research on the internet also for more tips.
The best of luck and even if the machine looks pristine remember lots of folks have bought new plastics to cover up old damage.
I hope this helps.
Sid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode