Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Ard
Hello from Holland

Hello,

An atv rider from the Netherlands here.
What I'm mostly riding here:
- trails/enduro, approx 35-50 km offroad rounds organised frequently.
- mx beach races, twiece a year
- some riding around on the road
- local mx races
- planning to ride: "hunt the wolf" next year

Have to admit that I don't have a trx700xx yet! But most likely going to be the next atv soon.

Now owning a E-ATV 990 adventure 2007, better known as a ktm 990 adventure. Without a doubt the most powerfull atv's in the world (apart from the 1150 version), born for rally riding.. will do 100 mph offroad without any problems, only with an hour driving I am no longer in my country or somewhere in the sea. With the turning radius and weight of a truck + no grap bar, pretty much not happy chappy with the beast.

Before that I owned a raptor 700, never anymore, crap quality/design.. center of gravity to high. But more suitable for MX en trail riding.

We got an other 2 trx450r (04/05) here, great machines! But I prefer big bores.

So I'm now focussing on a trx700xx 2008, still got loads of questions open.

Can anyone tell me more about the maintenance of the trx700?
For example I hate yamaha due to the availability and price of there bearings which are not sealed propperly, fenders and headlights to weak..

I now got 2 set's of hipers dual beadlock, I guess I can sell the 8" version? Is it possible to fit the 9"?

Does anyone know the length and 'quality' of the rear shocks? Compared to trx450r?

Thanks!

Gr, Ard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ard,
Welcome to the forum. Hope you can find a 700XX. They are really difficult to find here in the US. There is a great search capability here (top of the page called "Search") and many questions can be answered but also terrific people if the search doesn't help.
Sid
post #3 of 16 Old 05-04-2014, 11:48 AM

Hi Ard, welcome to the board....I've only had my 700 a few months so I can't really speak for the reliability of it specifically yet but Honda's in general are known for their reliability and build quality. Thats why I have 3 of them in my garage and none have ever left me stranded! The last Yamaha I owned the tranny blew out of the side of it!!! never again....even if you do half a$$ maintenance on a honda in the general vicinity of when you should you'll never get stranded.
Good luck.

post #4 of 16 Old 05-04-2014, 10:18 PM

On the right track!

Welcome aboard! I too love the big-bores...my old favorite machine being the 1985 350x...and I agree with Fenmore...Honda's are just plain built better! I've only owned my 700xx for a short time, but the quality is so much better than the Raptor I rode the past 4 years! I love the IRS compared to the mono-shock of the Raptor too...smooth ride. Hit some ruts today in 5th gear and ate them up nicely...don't think you'll be disappointed with the 700!
post #5 of 16 Old 05-05-2014, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Wow, a raptor bashing session.. i think totally unfair !
a few mention failures- but take into account how many raptors there are and the failure rate will be extremely low..
I rode mine from new to over 13,000 miles without any problem, other than a stator !
Years ago our whole riding group rode raptors and no one ever really had any problems...
Now they all ride renegades and i laugh every time we go out as guaranteed one will go wrong !
I do love the honda now though and could never go back to a raptor !
post #6 of 16 Old 05-05-2014, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Ard

There is 1 trx700xx 2008 at an ATV dealer ready! It is not really a populair atv in here...

Did do some research on the website, mainly looking for problems, rims, sprockets etc.

Due to there are not much trails, most people ride on the streets "with a raptor" or on the mx tracks with an 450.

There is not much wrong with the raptor engine, rather pretty good engine. Only they did forget to lower the center of gravity. So it sucks offroad/mx. Even my E-ATV 990 is doing much better...

The main problems with the raptor where things like the rear bearings, no possibility to grease. Fenders tear off due to some mud sticking to it. If they crash even lightly, you will loose the headlights, break fenders... The radiator is totally un protected. I even bended the radiator... After 2 years of riding everything was tyrapt and superglued together.

For what I've seen my friend doing to an trx450r... I rather put my money on Honda.
post #7 of 16 Old 05-05-2014, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Ard

Some pictures of the e-atv 990 adventure in action.

1 of the 2 trx450r's with the e-atv 990 and on my home made trailer which was still under construction.

The raptor.. and the thirth trx450r 04/05

This is the trx700xx for sell in here, most likely imported from the states.

Last edited by Ard; 05-05-2014 at 01:19 PM.
post #8 of 16 Old 05-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ard,
Thanks for all the great pictures. Your trailer looks real professional.
Just a little advice. If you stay out front in a race you don't get all that roost on you and your machine. Lol
Thanks again,
Sid
post #9 of 16 Old 05-06-2014, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Wow that Ktm 990 is amazing. I don't think it ever made it over to us in the states but I bet it hauls. The xx even at 500lbs, will probably feel like a dirtbike in comparison to that 990. If you get a 700xx, a drag race between the 2 would be pretty cool
post #10 of 16 Old 05-06-2014, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
It does seem amazing, until you look at the rrp of it new ! Around $34,000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode