User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 10-22-2009, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
estatic newbie in portland oregon

hi guys,
just found the site a few days ago. just bought 2 new trx's. 1 for me and 1 for my lil bro who is 25. as soon as he breaks his in we will be smoking it up all over washington and oregon. cant wait for the summer.getting dizzy thinking about it. looking for riding friends... want to ride or know of some fun place to ride get ahold of me...[email protected]
ride red or black!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 10-22-2009, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome 420, I bet you will be "smoking it up" lol Welcome to the site
post #3 of 17 Old 10-23-2009, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Welcome. I get up your way at times to ride... I have a friend that lives in Mossyrock, WA. I try to go up there every June to ride with him and his 2 girls in a poker run outside of Nachees, WA. 50+ miles on the eastern Cascades.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #4 of 17 Old 10-23-2009, 12:22 PM

Come out east to Morrow County OHV park. It'll be a 5 hour drive for you, so come for a few days. By far some of the best trail riding in the Northwest. Washington sucks for riding, Oregon has their shit together.

http://www.morrowcountyparks.org/ohvpark.asp

We go there and to the Winom Frazier District 6-7 times a year. I live in Yakima.

HMF Ballance QRS slip-on, HMF/Dobeck programmer, Velocity filter, EHS lid, Razr rear tires, 22" Razr 2 front tires, Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs, Pro Armor XC bumper, Fasst Flex Bars, Trail Tech billet logo clamp, PRM a-arm skids.
post #5 of 17 Old 10-23-2009, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

morrow county sounds fun!! are you planning on going there ? i have 3 day weekends year round so i am willing to drive and camp out for fun!!!!
post #6 of 17 Old 10-23-2009, 01:34 PM

I was just there last weekend. The winter comes in pretty early and stays late. Last year was the shortest season yet, we didn't get in there until late April and it was snowed in by early November last year. I might try to go the weekend of Nov. 7th if the weather holds. The cool thing is there are cabins there if you don't want to haul a camper/toyhauler all the way there. The cabins are small and simple, just two beds with a small deck and a bbq. You can also tent there if you like.

HMF Ballance QRS slip-on, HMF/Dobeck programmer, Velocity filter, EHS lid, Razr rear tires, 22" Razr 2 front tires, Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs, Pro Armor XC bumper, Fasst Flex Bars, Trail Tech billet logo clamp, PRM a-arm skids.
post #7 of 17 Old 10-23-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
Welcome. I get up your way at times to ride... I have a friend that lives in Mossyrock, WA. I try to go up there every June to ride with him and his 2 girls in a poker run outside of Nachees, WA. 50+ miles on the eastern Cascades.

roadkill
Little Naches is less than 50 miles for me, but it isn't that great for quad riding.

post #8 of 17 Old 10-23-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420quadrider360 View Post
hi guys,
just found the site a few days ago. just bought 2 new trx's. 1 for me and 1 for my lil bro who is 25. as soon as he breaks his in we will be smoking it up all over washington and oregon. cant wait for the summer.getting dizzy thinking about it. looking for riding friends... want to ride or know of some fun place to ride get ahold of me...[email protected]
ride red or black!!!
Try Brown's camp and Lee's camp out on Hwy 8 towards Tillamook. I rode there a lot when I lived in Portland for a year. Lee's has a lot of motorcycle only trails, but I think Brown's is quad friendly. I had a YZ 250 then, so I didn't pay much attention to quad trails.

post #9 of 17 Old 10-23-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx-rated View Post
Come out east to Morrow County OHV park. It'll be a 5 hour drive for you, so come for a few days. By far some of the best trail riding in the Northwest. Washington sucks for riding, Oregon has their shit together.

http://www.morrowcountyparks.org/ohvpark.asp

We go there and to the Winom Frazier District 6-7 times a year. I live in Yakima.

ya I was there about sep24/25 ans had a great time.we where there 2 1/2 days and hit less than half the trails.I want to go back in the snow or mud. its about an 8+ hour drive from my house (thats with the way I drive and a camper and a big car trailer.most of the rv sites have power and water. and the staff was super friendly.
post #10 of 17 Old 10-23-2009, 04:52 PM

The best time to ride there is early in the spring, usually by early April. It stays pretty nice until Mid May, but it can go from complete slop to dust pretty quickly. When we were there last weekend the conditions were pretty nice. Low 60's and damp but not wet trails, there were a few dusty spots, but nothing too major. We took 2 25+ mile loops that weekend (plus some shorter ones). I've rode there since the season after it opened. Hardly anyone even knew about it until about 2-3 years ago. The place is only about 6 years old. The cool thing is that they continued to expand over the years, buying more land and expanding the trail system. They do a real good job of maintaining the trails there.
Believe it or not, there are even better, longer trails up in the Winom-Frazier area, which is just a little further from Morrow. You drive through Pendleton, then drop south and camp at the Frazier campground. Much less civilized there, just campsites. No host, no water, no wood, no snack shack. Just kick-ass riding and good camping. Morrow is for the family, Winom-Frazier is for the boys to get away!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode