proud new owner of a 700xx - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-10-2015, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
proud new owner of a 700xx

just got it today 2008 black 700xx 100 hours, bought from a private seller went to the local Honda dealer and bought oil and a filter as well , its still cold here in iowa gonna wait to get her out when its a little warmer, any advice on up keep would be great thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-10-2015, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the club

Download the service manual, and read up while waiting for the weather to break!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old 02-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
M-Quick,
Agree totally with M-Quick. Please pay strict attention on the orientation of that oil filter (Printed on a Honda OEM filter and inserted paper instruction). One long bolt in the filter housing the rest shorter. Do not over tighten that long one, it will snap.
Sorry M-Quick I know you've seen that before but it is better to be safe then sorry.
Sid

post #4 of 15 Old 02-11-2015, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys any help and all help is greatly appreciated, ive always wanted a 700xx and I finally have one , I looked on the site and wasn't able to download it or do I need to purchase it ? I clicked on links posted but never able to load , thanks again guys
post #5 of 15 Old 02-12-2015, 05:39 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Welcome you'll love the xx

Prm Desert II bumper
Alba Pro Elite Nerfbars Silver/Black
Alba Gas Cap Red
DWT .190 with GBC XC-Master 22x7 Front
DWT .190 with GBC X-REX 20X11-10 Rear
EHS Air Lid
EHS Controller
BigGun EVO-R Full Exhaust
UNI Filter
Tusk 30mm Riser Extenders
post #6 of 15 Old 02-15-2015, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

I changed the oil. It went well then took her out for a short ride. love it love it love it
post #7 of 15 Old 02-21-2015, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
you can buy the manual on ebay for $40. I couldn't download it either from here. but i know i have it if i need it.
any mods to the honda yet?
post #8 of 15 Old 02-21-2015, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

So today i took the seat off the check the air filter and the owners manual was still in plastic in the rubber strap. NICE ,,, i took the 700 out for a 2 hour ride in the woods soo much. Fun. Think. Will look into adjustable suspension. I only weigh 140lbs. No complaints here. But it was a soft ride
post #9 of 15 Old 02-22-2015, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by willis View Post
you can buy the manual on ebay for $40. I couldn't download it either from here. but i know i have it if i need it.
any mods to the honda yet?
Why couldn't you download it from the link here? I hope you didn't pay $40 for a digital copy. The hard copy might be worth it, in the long run,

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showpost...4&postcount=66

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucks ss View Post
So today i took the seat off the check the air filter and the owners manual was still in plastic in the rubber strap. NICE ,,,
You mean you didn't remove seat to look at this before you purchased? Air box can tell a lot about how well the machine was maintained.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 15 Old 02-26-2015, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

No didnt shame on me i was so excited it was the only one for sale within 400 miles. But i got very lucky. The filter was spotless and the cover was wrapped in panty hose and they were clean i even got both keys. With it. . I did finally download the manual thanks guys. I am going to start looking for another one here in the next few months . We had a couple warm days and took her out on the trails. I cant get enough . Of course i washed it and tucked it away in the garage till the weather acts right i will post pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode