User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-31-2015, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Proud new 700xx owner!

Well it may have took me 6 years but I finally got one of these awesome machines. I have had mine for about two months now and all I can think to say is "Wow!". The xx is almost everything I thought it would be. Smooth comfortable ride, great handling, insanely fast acceleration and it can still whip around corners like an sra with the l8ton sway bar. My only gripe so far is the top speed, I was under the assumption this would do 76-80mph stock but I can only get mine to 70. I must have a 13 tooth front sprocket or something, although I was told it was all stock. Does 70 sound right for a 13 tooth?

When I bought it, everything was stock even had original tires although they were damn near bald. I intend to take care of it more than the previous owner, when I changed the oil it was black as could be. The valves where way out of spec and the air filter was caked with dirt. After doing all of my maintenance I noticed the motor got a bit quieter but it still has a rattle at certain rpm. Possibly a bad cam chain and tensioner?

Anyways, I live way up north in Calumet, Michigan. My grandparents have a 90 acre farm and live off a mixed traffic road so I can legally drive down the road to get to the trails. The xx seems right at home on the trails around here. There is a wide range of trails here some are more technical, some are very rutted up and muddy while others are well maintained and wide open. The scenery is also spectacular, I may have to try and make some videos at some point or pictures at the least.

Since I bought it I have put on some Kenda Kutters in the rear and left the front stock for now. I used some plasti dip on my rims, so far they seem to be holding up well. I replaced the oem air filter with a uni filter. I also installed a trail tech vapor with the dashboard. Since then I have put 180 miles on it and I think about 8 hrs of ride time. I cant see myself riding anything else, I am so glad I picked one of these up. I'm no photographer but here are some pics anyways. I tried the drag and drop feature but it didn't seem to work right.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-31-2015, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
do your self a favor and pull the a arms and check the pivot bearings , grease them . other wise its very expensive to replace them
post #3 of 9 Old 06-01-2015, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
The word "stock" may be referring to engine mods only... That muffler sure isn't stock. Top end speed should be around 75+, even with a 13t. Just a note for you for future reference: The 700xx uses the same front sprocket as a TRX450r of '06 or newer.. Don't try looking for a 700xx front sprocket... You'll only find stock ones (14t)

Enjoy your 700xx and welcome to the club.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #4 of 9 Old 06-01-2015, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataway View Post
do your self a favor and pull the a arms and check the pivot bearings , grease them . other wise its very expensive to replace them
At $27.41 a piece times 14 plus 2 needle bearings for the bottom rear its a little over $400! Thanks for the advice, I will have to grease them when I get the chance.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-01-2015, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEB4ME View Post
At $27.41 a piece times 14 plus 2 needle bearings for the bottom rear its a little over $400! Thanks for the advice, I will have to grease them when I get the chance.
this winter I plan on installing grease zerks in mine

Last edited by cataway; 06-01-2015 at 07:44 PM.
post #6 of 9 Old 06-01-2015, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
Top end speed should be around 75+, even with a 13t.
There's a lot of things that factor into top speed. Rider weight, gearing, wind, tire size etc.

Try using a GPS (can get free apps for smart phones) to test top speed. It's possible that the trail tech is off a bit.

Looks like you have an awesome area to ride. Enjoy.

2008 700xx with lots of goodies.
Part time IATVHSS racer (when time and $$ allow)
post #7 of 9 Old 06-02-2015, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataway View Post
this winter I plan on installing grease zerks in mine
Good luck with that, and be sure to let us know how it turns out.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-02-2015, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luecker View Post
There's a lot of things that factor into top speed. Rider weight, gearing, wind, tire size etc.

Try using a GPS (can get free apps for smart phones) to test top speed. It's possible that the trail tech is off a bit.

Looks like you have an awesome area to ride. Enjoy.
Good point about how he's measuring his speed. Mine will go over 80 with a 13t and I'm 230 w/out gear. Should hit 78 pretty easy, if 70 is for real I'd say top end is about to let go.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #9 of 9 Old 06-10-2015, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Congrats with your new ride! It do have potentials. Welcome by the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode