New guy, how do I make this thing behave/look sick! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 02-08-2016, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
New guy, how do I make this thing behave/look sick!

How's it hanging everybody, I just picked up a red 08 and I would really like to make it look better and perform better. I've wanted this ATV for a long time, just never got around to looking for one untill now and I remember when it first came out, dirt wheels had some pretty tricked out XXs in the articles along with some of the other magazines as well. Right now in nearly stock form, it looks doofy at some angles. I want to party like its 2008 (lol I'm corny) so i look to the "experts" for inspiration.

Do you guys have any ideas of what needs to be done? Any heavily upgraded 700s on here? Total cost of the bike in all there glory (even if it's a guess) would be nice too just to inform me of what I'm in for.

Thanks guys and let Er rip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 02-08-2016, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Welcome
Congrats on your new quad. Send some pics when you can

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 29 Old 02-08-2016, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I bought my xx built so didn't have to go through building from stock but I'd say get a stabilizer and upgrading the suspension would be 1st on my list.

Here is my 2008 Matlock Racing TRX700xx desert racer.

-Alba Motor package (CP Piston, Ported head, hard welded rockers, Webcam, Alba Dyno tune)
-Big Gun Full Exhaust (I like the Barker setup more)
-Vortex Ignition
-Race cut wiring
-Houser Long Travel with Custom Magic Carpet Elka Stage 4 Shocks
-Precision Shock & Vibe Clamp
-Precision Pro Stabilizer
-IMS Oversized tank
-Motion Pro twist
-Black Knight Lighting LED Lights. (1) 14" Bar (1) 8" Bar (2) 3" Squares
-GBC 6-ply tires on OMF/Douglas wheels

Right now my quad is still not back together after last summers tear down. Rebuilt everything on my xx including motor, tranny, shocks, clamp, stabilizer, and every bearing from the steering stem to the sway bar to the a-arms. Decided to sandblast/powdercoat the frame too.. Here's a sneak peak..

-2008 Alba Racing TRX700xx Desert Runner-

post #4 of 29 Old 02-08-2016, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the Club

Check out the Garage section, and view the members that have taken the time to create there garage for views and ideas. The main thing about modding the machine, you need to make it your own. And think about your riding style, type of terrain. You see blakjaks desert setup above. Some guys have added winches, snorkles you name it. If you need skid plates for your quad or nerf bars for best prices check out,

team_motorsports | eBay
blakjak619 likes this.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 29 Old 02-09-2016, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Here are a few pictures of my 2 XX's

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

The Red one has

Stage 3+rebound shocks on all 4 corners with Houser Long travel Front A-arms
Sparks X-6 exhaust and EHS programmer
Fasst flexx bars, Teixiera Tech steering stem and TT handlebar clamps
Precision pro stabilizer
Roll design bumper, Houser Pro-bounce Nerfs and Houser grab bar
And a few other things that you can see from the Photos

The Black one has most of the same parts with a few differences that you can tell from the photos

I'm probably going to be building the engine in my red one this year. I'm thinking mild porting by Alba racing and I'll probably buy the CP piston and Web cam from them as well. Then I'll get the cylinder bored by my local performance shop after the piston comes in.

If you need any advice, just ask. There are still a few guys on here who can help you out.
post #6 of 29 Old 02-09-2016, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Very nice everybody and thanks for the warm welcome. Mquick, I'll definetly be checking that link out when it's time for those parts. Thanks a lot for the tip

So I figured first thing I'd do is change the handlebar setup and then address the exhaust and nerf bars. Small steps, but I hope to eventually have it as badass as your quads, they really do look outstanding.

So, what's the difference between say Blakjak619s handle bar setup and Jmm24s which appears to be the same on both ATVs. Is there a general consensus on handlebars or is it more about personal preference? I know I don't like the stock setup very much.

Also, what exhaust would bring out the most untapped ponies? I like your chrome exhaust Jmm24 but I've never heard of that brand "Sparks"? Is it a reputable company? Any other good companies? I've only ever had FMF and HMF on Dirtbikes and quads in the past.

So much to do in order to get this beast looking and performing great. I appreciate the advice guys and I promise, I won't be copying anyone's ideas, just getting a idea of what needs to be done

Also, no one ever did say, how much do these things come out to when all is said and done? This will be the first "full on build" if you will so I really have no idea.
post #7 of 29 Old 02-10-2016, 11:53 AM

My steering package consists of the following:

*Houser +1 Anti Vibe stem
*Precision Shock & Vibe clamp - Precision Shock & Vibe
*Renthal Fatbars
*Precision Pro Stabilizer

The Precision clamp setup is the best I've ever used with no top out effect when jumping or railing whoops. The clamp itself is a shock absorber and cannot be used with risers so handlebar height is static.

My Teammate runs a different setup similar to jmm24:

*Houser +1 Antivibe stem
*FasstCo Flexxbars - FlexxBars
*Houser Bar Clamp with Rox Risers
*Precision Pro Stabilizer

The FlexxBars look and feel awesome. The handlebars themselves flex and absorb vibration and impact. Coupled with the Rox Risers it gives flexibility in adjusting handlebar height and position. I'm 6'3" and my teammate is 6'5" so we can compromise on handlebar height.. I prefer to stand over the bars when racing and he doesn't.

Now here is why I prefer the shock & vibe:
*If I crash and bend bars then I can replace with a set of $60-$70 Renthals

*I do not like the top out effect the Flexxbars have vs. the Precision clamp. When you jump you can feel the bars flex upwards. Just takes a little getting used to especially at high speed.

*For some reason I've gotten major arm pump using the FlexxBars lol. I stretch before I ride, do some pushups, ride loose.. Still get it now and then so I make sure to take 4 children's tylenol at the start line.

It comes down to preference but I can guarantee you will be happy with either setup

This picture is a couple of years old but we still run the same handlebar packages respectively..

Last edited by blakjak619; 02-10-2016 at 11:59 AM.
post #8 of 29 Old 02-11-2016, 05:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Also, no one ever did say, how much do these things come out to when all is said and done?
My totals are still adding up! I do a little at a time, some major stuff around tax time. And I'd rather not keep a total, and defiantly don't won't my wife to know.

I can't belive how expensive stuff is for quads. I can buy a set of wheels and tires from American muscle for my Mustang cheaper than for the quad. And I spent less for the Roush stage 2 suspension kit, 2 sway bars struts shocks springs and bump stops. Then I paid for 2 Elka stage 4 shocks!
blakjak619 likes this.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 29 Old 02-11-2016, 12:17 PM

I'm going to throw some numbers out for you to get an idea... I did not spend this much and my bike came with almost everything listed..

Motor Package: Alba Racing Stage 3 = $1549 (This number can and will grow)
Exhaust: Big Gun Full = $550
A-Arms: Houser LT Arms = $850
Shocks: Elka Stage 4's = $2500-$2800 (Plus the extra cost of getting them dialed)
Steering Stem: Houser Antivibe = $250
Clamp: Precision Shock & Vibe = $229
Stabilizer: Precision Pro Puck Style = $400-$500
Wheels: OMF Reinforced = $500
Tires: GBC 6-ply $250-$350 or Maxxis $600 (I'm not even gonna talk about tire-balls)
Nerf Bars: Good ones = $250+
Lights: Black Knight LED setup = $500
Front Bumper: $100
Rear PRM Tool Bumper: $100
IMS/Roll Heel Guards and Pegs: $400+

The list goes on and on and on and on... During my last rebuild I spent about $300 on various bearings alone..

post #10 of 29 Old 02-11-2016, 12:21 PM

Garage
You must get the hook up from Bones, if your getting 4 OMF Reinforced Wheels for $500.00

Or I just got boned by Bones!
blakjak619 and Andy like this.

Last edited by M_Quick; 02-11-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode