Info/Racing/Cost - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-29-2010, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Info/Racing/Cost

So glad I found this site! I saw some of you did the race in the Desert and it sounds awesome. Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to get a 700xx race ready? I'm a new owner and would love to get into racing but not sure where to start. Also where is there to ride in Maryland/VA area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-29-2010, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Welcome to the site. Can't tell you the cost for racing, other members probably can though. As for riding areas, try the link below and click on a state... scroll down a state's list till you find an area you might be interested in and then click "view details"

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 12 Old 01-29-2010, 12:35 PM

TJ, We are from Fredericksburg, VA. and pretty much pack up and ride in WV. It is a hike but some of the best terrain and friendliest people to ride with. There is a place in MD. it is a 18 mile loop and not to bad. Just short. Seems to be a few good place in PA. that is a bit closer.

As for racing. It depends. AZdezracer raced the Parker 250 ironman on a almost stock bike. Not too many upgrades and didi very well. It really depends on how fast you think you need to go and how well you want your suspension to be. Just a short list below will give you an idea what we paid, please remember that we also have rider support on some items and they may be a higher price on MSRP.

Nerfs 250
IMs tank, 240
Barker Exhaust and fuel controller, The deal is posted somewhere
EHS lid 80
Houser front A arms, 500
Elka shocks, 700 X 2 front and rear
Powermadd Hand guards, 40
Hiper rims and ITP tires, 900
Steering stem, 200
Pro taper bars, 100
ASV, Levers, 150
Rear tool chest, 125 (no longer avail. per PRM)
Vapor computer, 150 (really not needed)
Engine work, I don't know where to begin on cost

Some of this is preference and some was a must. The oversize fuel tank is a must, new tires and durable rims is a must. Outside of that you could of raced the 250 in Amateur and rode around and enjoyed a 80 mile loop 3 times. It really depends on how serious you want to be as far as competing. The same is true with the GNCC and the VXCS. It is purely how you want your bike to feel going over that terrain.

Nasty 700xx
Barker performance exhaust
EHS racing fuel programmer
EHS racing air box lid
ITP holeshot XCT tire front and rear
Hiper beadlocks
Houser long travel A-Arms and steering stem
Elka long travel elite shocks (front)
Elka remote resevoir rear shocks
Pro taper fat bars
IMS fuel tank
DG full skids
Precision steering dampner
Hinson Clutch
Moose dual gasser throttle
DG fat nerf bars
DG fat pro V front bumper
Powermadd hand guards
ASV C5 brake/clutch levers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 Old 01-29-2010, 04:45 PM

i think if your really going to get into it sponsors are a must. my dune set up is running me about the same and with out sponsors and funding is killing my bank account, im at about 2600 and still have suspension to go(2000) and thats with out engine work. with out funding u can look cto pay close to what you bought the quad for yeah i know thats crazy but it adds up FAST

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS

Last edited by RemingtonSteel; 01-29-2010 at 04:48 PM.
post #5 of 12 Old 01-29-2010, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info everyone. It's great to have people that know what they are talkin about. Sounds like sponsors are a good idea. I can see how it can start getting costly. Besides there's no way my girl will approve funding this. Guess I'll have to kick her to the curb or what she dont know wont hurt her. ha

nasty700xx - I think I saw where you mentioned some sponsors. Can you tell me - are they covering the bike and your trips or just parts of the bike? Do i go all out and ask sponsors to cover everything or is that not how it works?
roadkill - thanks for the link i'll check it out
post #6 of 12 Old 01-29-2010, 09:02 PM

You usually need a resume to send out. The first year I started racing, I didn't really have one or any experience for that matter. I just wrote out a letter explaining my plans, goals, and why I would be an asset to their company. After you get some races in, you have more to show, and usually means that companies will help you out a bit more. Sponsorships usually land you parts only, unless your crazy good, and find a sponsor who will cover most of your costs... BTW, I race the D38 series in SoCal... first race of the season is this Sunday...

just in case you want to check it out.... http://amad38.com/RaceFlyers/2010_OT...t_Scramble.pdf
post #7 of 12 Old 01-29-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ700xx View Post
Thanks for the info everyone. It's great to have people that know what they are talkin about. Sounds like sponsors are a good idea. I can see how it can start getting costly. Besides there's no way my girl will approve funding this. Guess I'll have to kick her to the curb or what she dont know wont hurt her. ha

nasty700xx - I think I saw where you mentioned some sponsors. Can you tell me - are they covering the bike and your trips or just parts of the bike? Do i go all out and ask sponsors to cover everything or is that not how it works?
roadkill - thanks for the link i'll check it out
Like Ceballos said, you will need to get some proof before they will drop money into a guy with hopes. We asked for rider support where they cut some of the prices down. It also doesn't hurt to ask for there best deal. Most companies get approx. 40% off MSRP so you can feel free to ask for that if they will budge and some will. After a few races and decent finishes you may be able to get more. Guys like Wayne Matlock and a lot others get it because they are consistently good and put up a ton of good finishes. No one wants to support someone who tries. They want someone who finishes and finishes where people will talk about the products they use to win.

Nasty 700xx
Barker performance exhaust
EHS racing fuel programmer
EHS racing air box lid
ITP holeshot XCT tire front and rear
Hiper beadlocks
Houser long travel A-Arms and steering stem
Elka long travel elite shocks (front)
Elka remote resevoir rear shocks
Pro taper fat bars
IMS fuel tank
DG full skids
Precision steering dampner
Hinson Clutch
Moose dual gasser throttle
DG fat nerf bars
DG fat pro V front bumper
Powermadd hand guards
ASV C5 brake/clutch levers

post #8 of 12 Old 04-20-2010, 05:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegs0
speed cost... how fast u wanna go??

08 trx700xx
full barker( whole lot of bark n bite)
ehs programmer
post #9 of 12 Old 04-21-2010, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceballos View Post
You usually need a resume to send out. The first year I started racing, I didn't really have one or any experience for that matter. I just wrote out a letter explaining my plans, goals, and why I would be an asset to their company. After you get some races in, you have more to show, and usually means that companies will help you out a bit more. Sponsorships usually land you parts only, unless your crazy good, and find a sponsor who will cover most of your costs... BTW, I race the D38 series in SoCal... first race of the season is this Sunday...

just in case you want to check it out.... http://amad38.com/RaceFlyers/2010_OT...t_Scramble.pdf

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #10 of 12 Old 04-21-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash04 View Post
GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND
Thanks... that one was at the beginning of the year. We are into our 5th one on May 2nd...
You guys should come to the west coast and run some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode