Another Noob from North NJ - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-03-2010, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another Noob from North NJ

I got my 700 2 weeks ago. First time "really" riding a quad. I'm more of a dirt bike guy. Grew up on dirt bikes. Currently own a KTM 690 Enduro R. My kids have a Kawasaki 90 quad. I was jealous that they could play in the snow and mud, and I couldn't with the bike. I'm deafinately hooked with the 700. Awesome power and looks. I'm going to take the Honda riders course sometime in the future. Any thoughts, comments?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-03-2010, 02:04 PM

Welcome aboard! I never took any rider course, so I can't offer any opinion there. You will most likely fair well riding the XX as you've come off a dirt bike and are used too riding with your weight closer to the front wheel.

08 TRX700XX
88 LT500R QUADZILLA
06 DVX400 (Son's)
06 TRX250EX (Wife's)
post #3 of 12 Old 03-03-2010, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome to the club and do take the course which is very easy and useful if you never drove a 4 wheeler, it's pretty easy. Main reason I took it was for my insurance, it drop by 25% once I showed them proof! So enjoy it and also we have allot of members from either NJ, NY or like myself PA and MD that try to meet on a Sunday ride, so if you ever want to know when we ride, send either DaGirl or myself a note. Also look under Recreational riding, we tend to post our ride there like I did for March 14th.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)

Last edited by Nash04; 03-07-2010 at 07:18 AM.

post #4 of 12 Old 03-03-2010, 03:20 PM

Another one from North Jersey, cool. Were are you in NJ

Pete
post #5 of 12 Old 03-03-2010, 08:32 PM

welcome

2008 TRX700XX
DWT Red label Wheels
Razer II tires
Fox Float Evol X Front Shocks
Fox Podium X Rears
Pro Armor Nerfs
Trail tech Bar clamps
Flexx Handle bars
Barker Exhaust
EHS Lid
EHS Programmer
Acerbis Uniko Handguards

2011 Can Am Commander 1000X
post #6 of 12 Old 03-04-2010, 06:09 AM

Congrats on the purchase!
I'm a NNJ rider also...just north of Oakland (over the 'hill'). just got mine in jan.
For the tight rocky trails here in Jersey, I recommend a sprocket change from the 14t to the 13t. The engine will run smoother up the rocky inclines, and will 'walk' along in idle. You'll find that it's easier to change the sprocket on the quad, than it is to change it on your KTM!
Enjoy! ...and see ya out there!

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2005 Triumph Tiger
2006 Triumph Sprint
2008 TRX700xx
2 Border Collies fully modified

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 Old 03-04-2010, 08:11 AM
ara

Welcome. I am also from NNJ....a few miles north GW Bridge. The KTM 690 is a nice bike...I am thinking of getting a 300 xcw 2 stroke for some enduro racing. I also ride an Aprilia SXV550 if ever want to ride together.
post #8 of 12 Old 03-07-2010, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I live in Warren County by Hackettstown. I have a limited trail system in the woods, just off of the railroad tracks. It works for practice and toying around with the kids. I rode my KTM at Lost Trails last year and am deafinately planning on riding the 700xx out there this year. I'm going to ride Hatfield McCoy this summer as well. Thanks for the advice as well.
post #9 of 12 Old 03-07-2010, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rommel

We are going to Hatfield as a group in June, look under Recreational Riding. We might still have a few open spots but you would need to check with Dagirl71 since she took care of the reservations which we all thank her for that.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #10 of 12 Old 03-11-2010, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Nash. I'm not sure when I'm going yet. My friend and I were going to ride our dirt bikes...but then I bought the 700. Is it possible for one person to ride a bike and another ride a quad on the same trails without any real difficulty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode