Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by /CUDA View Post
after this video,
I went to sign:

I received this video in my feed, not long ago. If you look into the comments rider has extended front arm's and did something to widen the rear as well. No aftermarket sway bar.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 66 Old 01-29-2019, 02:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post
I want a ditch and trail ATV as well. The big 4wd frighten me as my expectation is that they will not be as much fun. Are you implying differently? I am not going to be able to test ride a 700xx before buying it to compare, but have to assume I am not too far off base.

I Sounds like you guys are trying to talk me out of the 700xx. I expected the opposite on a forum so perhaps it is refreshing, but if I am off base call me out please!

I wouldn't choose the Renegade over my 700xx. As I too like the more sportier ride. I just think the area you live and people you ride with, you may want to consider a 4x4. Also you would be able to use a 4x4 more so in the snow, and forget about towing much with the 700xx, especially if theirs any up hill.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 66 Old 01-29-2019, 03:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post
This one doesn't look like it has been loved to me...but I like the IMS tank and taller seat/bars.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/w...782203030.html

This one looks cleaner, but of course that is because it is clean. Considering the green grass they are using an old picture.
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/w...803333948.html

Both are within 2 hours of me and ok to look at. I will start a new thread on things to check....going to search for one first.

Yeah I agree, 1st one looks bts idk if I'd even consider it.

post #24 of 66 Old 01-29-2019, 03:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footy View Post
Stock?

Stock is around 40hp + or - 2hp. I'm talking about hp to the rear wheels. Not some sort of KW power from the stator or where ever that fictitious # comes from. Only thing I have that's measured in KW is my electric bill. Even after the big 3, hotcam, & stroker crank my 700xx on the dyno was under 50 hp. Also for a FYI Wayne Matlocks built by Alba racing Trx700 xx was dyno'd @ 57 rwhp. I wish these things had over 50hp from the factory.

link HMF's dyno sheet
https://www.hmfracing.com/files/mode...a700xxdyno.jpg

Link to my dyno run...

/CUDA likes this.

post #25 of 66 Old 01-29-2019, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
When I read 53 hp on the MCO for my 700 I just laughed. There's no freak'n way.

2017 Honda TRX500 Rubicon
2008 Honda TRX700XX
1995 Honda TRX 300EX
2001 Honda TRX 90
1986 Honda TRX 70
1985 ATC 250 SX
2003 Kawasaki KFX50
post #26 of 66 Old 01-29-2019, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
That hp number is at the crank.

The 2nd craigslist post almost looks like its one of those fake ads the way it is worded.

I am also from MN. I enjoy riding the Northwoods trail system. Not a big fan of riding the Soo Line but it connects all the trail systems. Foxy trail is about 1.5 miles long but is all single track. Red Top has some nice single track trails and some open areas, trail on northeast is sandy. Solana forest has about 15 miles of trail. There are no major mud holes on this system. They have rock bottoms in the water holes and they have board walks in the wetland areas. Moose Lake has a pit area that is good for about 30 minutes of riding. Lawler Loops are fun and single track as well. Then futher northwest is the Blind Lake Connector and the Hill City connector. I have not ridden the UPM Blandin trail. Eventually there will be a connector trail from Jacobson to Goodland which you could ride all the way up to Pengilly.

My 700xx the counter balancer wieght shifted on the shaft so I have the cases split and replacing the bearings and putting in a stroker crank. I work 75-80 hours a week and have 3 kids so finding time to work on the quad is tough. Plus it's too dahm cold right now and I don't have heat in the garage.

Sway bar, front shocks and steering stabilizer are my top 3 mods for the quad.

2008 700xx with lots of goodies.
Part time IATVHSS racer (when time and $$ allow)
post #27 of 66 Old 01-29-2019, 06:31 PM

Garage
Sounds like another vote for the 700xx from someone in your home state!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

post #28 of 66 Old 01-29-2019, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
I will put in my 2 cents about how I ended up with a 700xx. Back in 2009 I had an LTR450 that was setup for XC racing (still had harescrambles in MN at that time). I had fallen in love with the KTM 525XC. I sold off a lot of the parts and then the quad with hopes of buying the KTM. By the time all the parts and quad sold the KTM was no longer an option. I then started looking at KFX450R's and TRX450R's. I went to the International motorcycle show in February of 2010 and was hoping that the TRX450R and KFX450R would be there to sit on and compare. The KFX450R was a no show. Honda had both the TRX450R and the TRX700XX sitting next to each other. I felt more comfortable on the 700XX so I started doing some research and found that dealers were selling them at awesome prices. I got mine from Larson Cycle in Cambridge the next week for $5250 OTD.

Where the 700xx shines is in trail riding. You can ride it all day. A couple years ago I rode from Red Top to Hill City and back. Started riding at 8am and got back about 7pm. Roughly 280 miles.

I haven't had much seat time on the quad since I put the Elka stage 4's on. Maybe once I have them dialed in I will feel more comfortable racing the 700xx.

This summer's goal is to get my quad back together so I can ride it this fall before the snow hits.

I also have a Kawasaki KFX700 for something to ride until the 700xx is back together.

2008 700xx with lots of goodies.
Part time IATVHSS racer (when time and $$ allow)
post #29 of 66 Old 01-29-2019, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I do like my 700xx and I am gelling with it more with each ride. I will say one thing about it that I absolutely hate is the lack of splash protection for the rider. This is a real world problem. When I ride it is usually long days and lots of miles in WV. The trails there have lots of water on them. I have added a few home made splash guards that help but I still get soaked during each ride. The renegade has larger fenders but you will still get wet on those too. But... there are very good aftermarket fender flares (D2 and BRP) that can be installed which solves the splash problem on the renegade. There are no such options for the 700XX. I think this issue is at least as big as the stock rear sway bar that doesn't do the job that it was designed to do.

2017 Honda TRX500 Rubicon
2008 Honda TRX700XX
1995 Honda TRX 300EX
2001 Honda TRX 90
1986 Honda TRX 70
1985 ATC 250 SX
2003 Kawasaki KFX50
post #30 of 66 Old 01-29-2019, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
I wouldn't choose the Renegade over my 700xx. As I too like the more sportier ride. I just think the area you live and people you ride with, you may want to consider a 4x4. Also you would be able to use a 4x4 more so in the snow, and forget about towing much with the 700xx, especially if theirs any up hill.
The people I ride with are more likely to trade up to what I have if they can't keep up. ;)

Snow I have sleds for and towing isn't relevant for me. I don't ice fish so no need to tow anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luecker View Post
I am also from MN. I enjoy riding the Northwoods trail system. Not a big fan of riding the Soo Line but it connects all the trail systems.

My 700xx the counter balancer wieght shifted on the shaft so I have the cases split and replacing the bearings and putting in a stroker crank. I work 75-80 hours a week and have 3 kids so finding time to work on the quad is tough. Plus it's too dahm cold right now and I don't have heat in the garage.

Sway bar, front shocks and steering stabilizer are my top 3 mods for the quad.
Northwoods is more my speed as well. Soo can blow me. If there aren't a ton of turns or road approaches I probably will avoid it. Sorry to hear about the weight shifting...but I am sure the stroker will be fun! Not sure what you mean by cold. My furnace is reporting -25F right now. Going for a rip on the sled Thursday, hope I don't break anything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode