LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 66 Old 01-30-2019, 04:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
I received this video in my feed, not long ago. If you look into the comments rider has extended front arm's and did something to widen the rear as well. No aftermarket sway bar.
Yes, I see now recent comments,
I just imagine there are spacers, front and back,
like these, below.
Even mine had, but here we have dirt roads,
very narrow,
and I removed.

Regarding power, you have introduced a beautiful word,
power to the wheel,
yes, this is always lower, at engine power,
in fact, power to the wheel,
it is power, less dispersions,
also rear tyre diameter
It affects.
If you see dyno, for example Renegade 1000 has 68 hp,
at the wheel,
despite the engine has 91

Last edited by /CUDA; 01-30-2019 at 05:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 66 Old 01-31-2019, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Tires and shocks are high on my priority list. I've read as many threads here as I can find on the shocks and while the Elka solution looks glorious, it is hard to go into a purchase on a machine like this knowing I would spend that much. That being said, I really am a big fan of adjustability on my shocks. Compression for sure and rebound is an added bonus. Most of what I have found basically say rebuild/revalve the stock rears or buy Fox Podiums, Elkas and one reference to HLS essentials. Obviously taking the rears to my shock guy is fine, but I know myself. I will end up taking them there 4 times to really dial everything in as my OCD kicks in. For that reason alone I would love adjustable units on the rear. Can I assume the solutions above are currently the only recommendations? If that is the case does someone know the overall length and travel of the rears?

I found this drawing from @Dannyboy but can't say I am positive I can answer my question above with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy View Post
I am guessing that it is 19.75" overall, with 13.5" being compressed. Looks like the mounts are 1 5/8". Did I read that right?
post #33 of 66 Old 01-31-2019, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Want to make sure I have the tires figured out as well. My understanding is that 23's are better up front but will rub most nerf bars. Curious if anyone has nerf bars that don't rub 23's. If not, I assume the Razr 2 in 22x7x10 is right for the front.
https://www.denniskirk.com/maxxis/fr...prd/541653.sku

And for the rears it is either Kenda Kutters or Razr's in 22x10 11
https://www.denniskirk.com/maxxis/re...prd/653497.sku
...I don't find a Kenda Kutter in that size however D Kirk says the 9" ones are okay
https://www.denniskirk.com/kenda/rea...prd/653431.sku

Personally I would assume wider is better and that means the Razr's.

Then of course I see this:
https://www.davis4x4.com/vehicle-det...cbefc487fa0803
Not digging the location or the price, but like the wheel setup cosmetically.

Those tires look wider than the wheel but are on bead locks. I assume that is another option although those wheels are not cheap!

post #34 of 66 Old 01-31-2019, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post
Tires and shocks are high on my priority list. I've read as many threads here as I can find on the shocks and while the Elka solution looks glorious, it is hard to go into a purchase on a machine like this knowing I would spend that much. That being said, I really am a big fan of adjustability on my shocks. Compression for sure and rebound is an added bonus. Most of what I have found basically say rebuild/revalve the stock rears or buy Fox Podiums, Elkas and one reference to HLS essentials. Obviously taking the rears to my shock guy is fine, but I know myself. I will end up taking them there 4 times to really dial everything in as my OCD kicks in. For that reason alone I would love adjustable units on the rear. Can I assume the solutions above are currently the only recommendations? If that is the case does someone know the overall length and travel of the rears?

I found this drawing from @Dannyboy but can't say I am positive I can answer my question above with it.

I am guessing that it is 19.75" overall, with 13.5" being compressed. Looks like the mounts are 1 5/8". Did I read that right?
bout that 19.75'' , are you talking shorting the shock ?

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #35 of 66 Old 01-31-2019, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I assume that those wheels are hiper brand? I think hiper and OMF are the only option for true bead locks for the 700xx. I chose OMF but I only bought new rear wheels. I went with 10 inch wheels for better tire options. I have been happy with the razr 2 rear tires so far but I have used those before on other atvs. I like the altracks as well that are in your photo but I think those are only 4 ply and the maxxis razr 2 is 6 ply. I have a set of altracks on an old honda ATC.

2017 Honda TRX500 Rubicon
2013 Husaberg FE350
2008 Honda TRX700XX
1995 Honda TRX 300EX
2001 Honda TRX 90
1986 Honda TRX 70
1985 ATC 250 SX
post #36 of 66 Old 01-31-2019, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footy View Post
I assume that those wheels are hiper brand?
Idt so, looks like a cheaper metal not carbon. They almost look like the alba wheels, but idk. I'm wondering what size the rears are?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #37 of 66 Old 01-31-2019, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Garage
ya can get wider rims …...but ….there a problem. you need spacers to make them fit to be narrow . or not and reverse them and be very wide , great for riding dunes not so much on trails .all because the offset on the rims is wrong for the XX

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,

Last edited by cataway; 01-31-2019 at 07:03 PM.
post #38 of 66 Old 02-06-2019, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

I've looked at this one online about 30x. I keep talking myself out of it. It is a 5 hour drive away and doesn't look like it was treated the way I would treat my stuff. That being said, it comes with the mods I would put on it....minus the fact I would want to pull the wrap off.
https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/snd...800460507.html

It's crazy, because I'd never keep anything that dirty...and it is at a dealer. Scares me on how the previous owner cared about it.
post #39 of 66 Old 02-06-2019, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Keep looking unless they really want to move it cheap. That FMF pipe is a POS. I had one. It sucked so much that I went back to stock. I do like the skid plates and nerf bars.

2017 Honda TRX500 Rubicon
2013 Husaberg FE350
2008 Honda TRX700XX
1995 Honda TRX 300EX
2001 Honda TRX 90
1986 Honda TRX 70
1985 ATC 250 SX
post #40 of 66 Old 02-07-2019, 02:28 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post
I've looked at this one online about 30x. I keep talking myself out of it. It is a 5 hour drive away and doesn't look like it was treated the way I would treat my stuff. That being said, it comes with the mods I would put on it....minus the fact I would want to pull the wrap off.
https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/snd...800460507.html

It's crazy, because I'd never keep anything that dirty...and it is at a dealer. Scares me on how the previous owner cared about it.

buy & ride
forget the rest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode