From MN and shopping for an ATV - Page 5 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 66 Old 02-07-2019, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Positives are the skid plates, real tires, nerf bars, the negative is I like to take care of my stuff and that looks like the previous owner may not have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 66 Old 02-07-2019, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Well you can't tell that it wasn't taken care of, by a photo showing a little dirt. For all you know the salesmen have been joy riding it, in a nearby field or letting people test ride it. And If you think that's dirty, wait till you trail ride one for 20 mins or so. Not sure how far of a drive it is for you, but may be worth checking out, unless you find a good clean barn stored one. These quads are 11yrs old so hard to find one that hasn't been ridden, although you still here of people saying less than 20hrs.

And if you do buy it, you may wanna leave the graphics on there. As many people install those to cover up scuffed plastics.

If thinking about it, you may wanna call and feel the salesperson out. Find out if they will take like $2500. I know when I purchased a used Scrambler, I paid less than half of there original asking price. And yes it was at a dealer. Been awhile but I think they wanted 2500 I paid 1200 plus t&t fees.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 66 Old 02-07-2019, 03:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
Not sure how far of a drive it is for you, but may be worth checking out, unless you find a good clean barn stored one. These quads are 11yrs old so hard to find one that hasn't been ridden, although you still here of people saying less than 20hrs.

Have you seen this one? Still looks like it has the original front dunlops & oem grips look nice, and the HMF Black out Pipe, yeah I like this one!

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/snd...802237621.html

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by M_Quick; 02-07-2019 at 03:26 PM.

post #44 of 66 Old 02-07-2019, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Have you seen this one? Still looks like it has the original front dunlops & oem grips look nice, and the HMF Black out Pipe, yeah I like this one!

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/snd...802237621.html
That one looks clean for sure...it is what soured me on the other. I called the day after I started this thread though and that one had been sold.

By dirty, I don't mean physically but was referring to how it has been cared for. I like to buy things from anal owners. The poor wrap job on the header, the peeling heat shield on the exhaust, rust on the foot pegs, rust growth on the a-arms, peeling wrap.

It is nearly 5 hours away otherwise I would have just gone and looked at it versus asking. Will call the sales guy though because even if the engine needs refreshing and i have to buy new plastics it has the rest besides some real shocks
post #45 of 66 Old 02-07-2019, 03:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post
That one looks clean for sure...it is what soured me on the other. I called the day after I started this thread though and that one had been sold.

Well that sucks!

post #46 of 66 Old 02-07-2019, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Well that sucks!
Exactly, I'd pay more for something that looks like that. Thanks for looking. I've been using Searchtempest to search the whole country a couple times a day. Some are found further south, but the prices I've received for shipping them are prohibitive. Paying an extra $500-900 is tough.

This one is interesting as well...but only because it is built like I would like.
Elka Stage 3 Suspension (all the way around)
AMR Graphics kit
Flexx bars
ASV Break Away Levers
Qury grips
Quad Tech Seat
DG Front Bumper
DG Reear Grab Bar
Quad Tech Seat Cover
Honda Fat Peg Nerf Bars
HMF Full Exhaust
HMF Programmer
PRM Full Skid Plate
PRM A Arm Armor
PRM Rear A Arm Armor
HiPer Front Rims
HiPer Rear Rims
Maxxis RZR 2 Front Tires
Maxxis RZR 2 Rear Tires
New OEM Honda Front Brakes
New OEM Honda Rear Brakes
New OEM Honda Front Sprocket
New OEM Honda Rear Sprocket
New X Ring Chain

I don't like the wrap or price though $5500 + $800 in shipping

post #47 of 66 Old 02-07-2019, 04:43 PM

Garage
Yeah $5500 is crazy, I think that's about what I paid for my blk&gry off the floor. One would think he would wash it before posting for sale pics, at that price! And idt thats a full exhaust, just a slip on. It still has the oem heat guard and it fits perfectly, not like it would on a HMF head pipe.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/w...803333948.html

Looks really clean, but a clip away!

https://semo.craigslist.org/snw/d/qu...813474874.html

Last edited by M_Quick; 02-07-2019 at 04:54 PM.
post #48 of 66 Old 02-07-2019, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Join the facebook group "Honda TRX 700xx ATV Buy/Sell/Trade group.

There is a guy that has a 2008 that is close to stock for $2600. And a 2008 with a Yoshimura full exhaust, EHS controller and nerfs for $2900 (didn't mention but looks like different front shocks and either aftermarket a-arms or painted red. They are located in Fort Wayne, IN

2008 700xx with lots of goodies.
Part time IATVHSS racer (when time and $$ allow)
post #49 of 66 Old 02-07-2019, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Doh! I don't have facebook...wonder if I can convince the wife, lol.
post #50 of 66 Old 02-10-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Wish NJ wasn't so far away...and/or I knew someone there to check this out.
https://cnj.craigslist.org/snw/d/bed...815215578.html

Quad is like new. 2008 trx700xx Needs nothing. No broken plastics. Great condition
700cc fuel injected. Reverse. Independent suspension. Has full exhaust intake and programmer. Skid plates and nerfs
No trades cash only
Clean title in hand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode