Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Splitting cases 08 trx700xx

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Jgspahn 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum,I live in Ocala Fl, I just got a 08 Honda TXR700XX through a trade and its a clean Vin,but I knew the piston was bad but not THIS BAD!!! that I have to split the cases in order for me to clean up the shrapnel and the take out the other half of the exhaust Valve that broke!!! Anyone has any tips that can help with this,I'm very mechanically inclined, I've learned alot over the year so I do my own repairs.....thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like your cylinder head is cracked too. I never split cases before, but herd it's not to bad. While at it I'd replace crank and bearings too. Not to mention timing chain & guides. I hope you got a good deal on the quad.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#4 ·
NOT BAD! its a pain in the arss . to take the motor out repair and replace could take 14 hours .
I suggest you have a way to lift the motor, its heavy ,and BTW a lifting table is also highly prized idem .

#3 ·
I'm gonna take you up on the rebuild, I got this trx700xx through a trade,I traded a 2005 kymko Mongoose 300cc for it,but didn't know it was this bad,I knew the piston was gone!!! But heyI guess live an learn...I'm very mechanically inclined and I have the service manual for it...I know I should be able to knock it out, thanks

Attachments

#5 ·
changing out the shifting shaft is all most as bad . at least ya don't have to remove the motor from the frame , but all most

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.