Greetings from Arizona - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 08-06-2010, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Greetings from Arizona

I just wanted to fianlly pop in and say hello. I bought two 2008 TRX 700xx's last month. I never owned an ATV in my life nor have I ever rode one. To be honest with you all, I've always wanted one but always put the idea of owning one aside. I finally said to heck with it and broke down and bought two of them. I know nothing about ATV's really. I checked out Kawasaki, Yamaha, Polaris, etc... I finally decided on the Honda TRX 700xxx. Mainly because they were the best bang for the buck. They are brand new 2008's fresh out of the crate and got them for a decent price compared to other Honda dealers in Arizona.

I live in Northern Arizona, about 15 minutes from Monument Valley here on the Navajo Nation. Plenty of space to take the ATV's basically anywhere around here. Excellent ATV country here.

Like I said, I never rode one until I got these. Stalled it a million times, but I'm finally getting the hang of it. I still stall once in awhile. other than that, I frickin' love these things! Plenty of power and handle great in my opinion. I'll get some pictures of them up here soon.

But i just wanted to say hello to everyone here.

Shonie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-06-2010, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello and welcome to the site. I will have to stop in and say hi the next time I go to Durango. You might want to go here for some good info on what to look for on a new machine.

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2338

Also a 13 tooth sprocket will help with the stalling they are cheap and easy to install.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 08-06-2010, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

skier,

Thanks for the info. I did read that and did everything except the first oil change because I haven't reached that time just yet.

I also read about the 13 tooth sprocket too. I just may do that. I used to be an auto/diesel mechanic for 13 years, so working on these puppies shouldn't be all that difficult.

One of my daughters goes to Fort Lewis College in Durango! You are always more than welcome to swing by Kayenta and do some riding in my neck of the woods, well I should rephrase that...my neck of the dunes and red sandstone. But seriously, contact me next time yer up this way.

We have been having some wicked weather for the past 2 weeks here. Tons of rain. At first I was kind of upset about it because it has been cutting into my boating time at Lake Powell. But now that I have these two 700xx's, the rain and mud aint so bad after all.

Shonie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - Lexx Slip-on, Lexx Programmer,K&N Air Filter, Alba Nerf Bars, Honda Racing Skid Plates

Jeckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - AC Racing Full Exhaust, EHS Programmer, K&N Air Filter, Honda Racing Skid Plates, Alba Nerf Bars, K&N Air Filter

post #4 of 13 Old 08-06-2010, 09:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
welcome to the site! so whose the second one for? and it sounds beautiful where you ride looking forward to seeing pictures!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #5 of 13 Old 08-08-2010, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

The second one is for family members, ie: wife, father inlaw, brothers, sisters etc...

Heckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - Lexx Slip-on, Lexx Programmer,K&N Air Filter, Alba Nerf Bars, Honda Racing Skid Plates

Jeckle: 2008 TRX 700xx - AC Racing Full Exhaust, EHS Programmer, K&N Air Filter, Honda Racing Skid Plates, Alba Nerf Bars, K&N Air Filter
post #6 of 13 Old 08-08-2010, 04:21 PM

welcome!

Reply from 192.168.13.100: bytes=32 time=16275001ms TTL=128
post #7 of 13 Old 08-10-2010, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome Lake powell huh I've always wanted to go there.Can u ride by the lake.Yup you live in a good riden area.Don't run out of gas!!!
post #8 of 13 Old 08-11-2010, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer View Post
Welcome Lake powell huh I've always wanted to go there.Can u ride by the lake.Yup you live in a good riden area.Don't run out of gas!!!
There is a place at Lake Powell called Lone Rock where you can ride and it's right by the lake. Lots of sand! Actually thinking of heading up there this weekend with the boat and quads.

post #9 of 13 Old 08-11-2010, 01:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to Xstriker
Welcome Shonie, I grew up in Flagstaff, AZ so I know right where your at. I used to go to my siblings track meets and I remember some were at monument valley. Go get some paddles and go ride the Cinder hills just outside flag I've always had a blast out there and it really lets your machine's power loose with too much sketchyness. Anyways I live in UT now but if we ever head back down that way I'll be sure to say hello

08 TRX 700XX
HMF Full Performance Exhaust
EHS Programmer
11/16 L8ton Swaybar
Skat~Trak Haulers 20X10X10
ITP T-9 Pro Series Wheel 10X7 4.0 + 3.0 Polished
Alba Pro Elite Nerfs
Trail Tech Vapor Speedo/odom
post #10 of 13 Old 08-13-2010, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstriker View Post
Welcome Shonie, I grew up in Flagstaff, AZ so I know right where your at. I used to go to my siblings track meets and I remember some were at monument valley. Go get some paddles and go ride the Cinder hills just outside flag I've always had a blast out there and it really lets your machine's power loose with too much sketchyness. Anyways I live in UT now but if we ever head back down that way I'll be sure to say hello
I've seen those hills right around the juction of 89 and 160. I'm headed to Lake Powell tonight after work to camp tonight. We'll be boating and riding the 700's all day tomorrow @ Lone Rock!

Yeah, if yer ever out this way, look me up.

Shonie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode