User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 09-16-2010, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another New Guy.. and have a Question.

Hi Folks,
Yep... became a newbie today! I bought a New leftover and last one they had 2008 TRX700XX Red - Black today.... excited, hope it is a wise choice, considered a TRX450ER.. But as a 48 yr old male, not a racer, never raced, was looking for a trail riding machine with family and blowing off steam.. OK STRESS!

I have a question, and since I read the brochure for this it's begining to haunt/bug me... "EXTENDED WARRANTY - HondaCare" should I do it?________

I have just a very short time period to decide, the dealer allowed me pretty much 24 hours or so to do so... The Cost is $510 for an additional 36 mo/ of coverage beyond the 1yr that it comes with. I believe it's the Platinum Plan but marked N/A for both Tire & Wheel and GAP.

DO I DO IT... OR OK WITHOUT?______________ Yes____ No_______ and why you feel this way____________ please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 09-16-2010, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Congrats on the purchase, and good choice in colors. As for the warranty, I did purchase the extended plan but mainly because I am hard on my toys. Either way, with the price I paid for the xx, I could afford a little more protection. I haggled with the dealership and got a good price on both. Good luck and hope this helps.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
post #3 of 20 Old 09-16-2010, 09:58 AM

Other than wrecking it I'd say these are pretty reliable. I'd pass

post #4 of 20 Old 09-16-2010, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

So... Plan, Term, Cost... please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory trx View Post
Congrats on the purchase, and good choice in colors. As for the warranty, I did purchase the extended plan but mainly because I am hard on my toys. Either way, with the price I paid for the xx, I could afford a little more protection. I haggled with the dealership and got a good price on both. Good luck and hope this helps.
Thanks for the quick reply... Can you share as to what warranty you purch: coverage, term in addition to 1 yr std., and cost for it?_______

Pd. $4,800 OTD / They want $510 for addt'l 36 mos.

Thank You!
post #5 of 20 Old 09-16-2010, 10:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
700, just like a car warranty, your quad warranty will only work for the most part with manufacturer defects. There are a few people on here that have had issues with warranty issues. Honda's are very reliable. Not knocking you, but given your age and the criteria you said was the reason for purchasing this, I don't foresee you beating on it nearly as hard as some of us younger people. I haven't seen many people try warranty claims, mostly b/c they run forever. I personally had the oil ring go on mine, but I had it well over 2 years, race it and everything, and know for a fact the dealer wouldn't cover this. I have seen people be able to get new CV boots if theirs tear though under warranty for free and free labor. I personally would save the 510 to buy other things for the machine, like tires, and if you have issues with it, there are tons of people here that can help. If you put where you live, that would help too, as everyone on here is more than willing to do what it takes to see another person on the trail.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #6 of 20 Old 09-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Qaz

i wouldnt get the extended warranty, alot of things you do to your quad can void warranties and for the 500 bucks this can pretty much fix anything if by chance something were to go wrong later
post #7 of 20 Old 09-16-2010, 11:26 AM

I paid $5000 for my quad and $450 for 3 extra years or warranty. I maybe be wasting my money but I have never had major issues with any Japannesse products. I did it mostly for engine care.

2008 Black & Red TRX 700XX
- L8ton Sway Bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Side Bars
- Pro Armor Bumper, Kenda Kutter Tires, UNI Filter
post #8 of 20 Old 09-16-2010, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

My concern is...

I know Honda's are bulletproof as they say, reliable, little issues, etc. I have had 2 road bikes in the past...

My concern with this is that the TRX700XX is all new, new design and build from ground up, engine as well... along with being the first year production for 2008. I'm certain that the engineering has been well thought out and proven from such a company... but never owned a 1st year run product from them, thinking in terms of automotive... things come up, but usually covered by recall I guess, right?

I'd rather save the $$$ NO DOUBT.. and am leaning that way at this point!
post #9 of 20 Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 PM

It may have some new tech, but it's really very old tech wrapped in a new package. If you look at the overall, it's a tube steel frame with a revamped XR650 engine. Not much there...

Last edited by av8r; 09-27-2010 at 10:22 AM.
post #10 of 20 Old 09-16-2010, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

I Thank You for the comforting feedback...

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8r View Post
It may have some new tech, but it's really very old tech wrapped in a new package. If you look at the overall, it's a tub steel frame with a revamped XR650 engine. Not much there...
Thanks...

I have been checking out the site.. a lot of good stuff, glad I found it, glad to be here!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode