<---Green Horn here w/ a few dumb Q's =) - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-11-2010, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
<---Green Horn here w/ a few dumb Q's =)

Hey Guys... My name is Shawn... I live in Greer,Sc. an ive been really thinking of getting a new ATV... an if you havent guessed it by now YES... i'm looking at a 700XX OR!..........??????

My current P.O.S. is a Kawi. bayou 220 " yes, I KNOW "
Ive had a few other ATV's in my younger years... someone gave me the Kawi. an at the time i had no real interest in getting back into the ATV game but since goofing around on the Monster Garage Freebie the ATV bug has bitten me once again...

After doing a little research of my own... ive narrowed it down to a FEW choices

Honda TRX700XX
Yamaha Raptor 700R
Polaris Outlaw 500
Kawasaki KFX450

HERE'S my question to you guyz.

I fear i might be too DAMN big for a ATV now days...

Im 6'4" an currently float around 300-305

I LOVE hitting the trails an hills of South Carolina!... the terrain here is red clay or rock!... there are a few trails in the woods that's
mostly just dirt.... not really into hospital visits so hitting the jumps isnt my thing... "ok... maybe just SMALL ones!"

ANY ADVISE GUYS!?!?!

oh,

Here's my current drain on my wallet

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-11-2010, 08:17 PM

I am 6' and around 260lbs. My buddys have 450rs, 300ex, a raptor 660, suzuki 450(ow a 500). That being said, the only 2 I don't fel cramped on is the XX and Raptor. But where we ride I get tired of waiting on them from getting high centered. I like to trail ride, not into jumping. On the trails that are already broke and places they can hit hard and momentum get them through they can follow. But on new trails and tighter stuff they tend to get hung up more. I like the raptor, but for me the XX can't be beat by anything 2wd.
post #3 of 16 Old 10-11-2010, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advise!... yea from what ive seen so far the XX is SUPER GOOD!

its my preferred choice right now ... but $ isnt growing on trees around here right now so well see!

post #4 of 16 Old 10-11-2010, 08:58 PM

On the Kfx your gonna feel cramped and under powered, the outlaws are nice bikes but I would prefer the 525 ktm motor over the 500 suburu. If it were me I would go with either the Rappy 700r or the 700xx. The xx is a plush ride with tons of ground clearance and it's a monster on the trails. The rappy has lots of power and nice shocks and a electronic display. I bought the XX because it was cheaper but I plan on getting a raptor for the drag racing fun! I mostly ride trails so the XX has been a great bike for me. If you can get a good deal on either one I think you'll be happy.
post #5 of 16 Old 10-11-2010, 09:00 PM

i'm pretty much on the same boat as you.. 6'4'' and way too many pounds!... the XX is perfect! I used to have a 400ex, and was way too cramped and felt it couldn't move me around... as soon as I rode the XX, I knew it was perfect. Great ground clearance, IRS, strong, and a big bore = best all around quad! I've even mx'd it a few times for conditioning/practice, and it's great! Go for it and don't look back
post #6 of 16 Old 10-11-2010, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-N-BlackXX View Post
On the Kfx your gonna feel cramped and under powered, the outlaws are nice bikes but I would prefer the 525 ktm motor over the 500 suburu. If it were me I would go with either the Rappy 700r or the 700xx. The xx is a plush ride with tons of ground clearance and it's a monster on the trails. The rappy has lots of power and nice shocks and a electronic display. I bought the XX because it was cheaper but I plan on getting a raptor for the drag racing fun! I mostly ride trails so the XX has been a great bike for me. If you can get a good deal on either one I think you'll be happy.
Yea, i was concerned about the KFX450... for the light weight guys i think its a strong Quad but Prob. not w/ my heavy butt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceballos View Post
i'm pretty much on the same boat as you.. 6'4'' and way too many pounds!... the XX is perfect! I used to have a 400ex, and was way too cramped and felt it couldn't move me around... as soon as I rode the XX, I knew it was perfect. Great ground clearance, IRS, strong, and a big bore = best all around quad! I've even mx'd it a few times for conditioning/practice, and it's great! Go for it and don't look back
Thanks Ceballos!

Thats what i was looking for... someone in the same boat

Not like im some raging fat A$$ or anything... my other hobby is weight training so i carry myself better than your typical NON athletic person.
an from time to time i'll cut down to about 260 or so.

So far the TRX700XX is looking sweeter an sweeter!
post #7 of 16 Old 10-11-2010, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
13t, big 3, l8ton sway bar, resprug/revalved ds450 fronts, and resprung/revalved stock rear w compretion adjuster from wiigstyle

08 TRX700XX
-uni
-primary drive 13t
-pclll
-soon to have a cp 11:1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

99 ford f-250 ccsb 7.3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-skyjacker 6'' lift
- 315-75r16 pro comp xtarrain
-sct 100hp tune
-straight pipe with 4'' dp
-dana 60 swap with mile marker hubs

06 pos hyundia tuscon
-dont buy one there junk

live to ride and ride to live
post #8 of 16 Old 10-15-2010, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I know a guy similar to you . The kind you don't argue with !
Anyway He races a Renegade 800r . I asked how he come to race this and he said he was to big for a 450r , tried it for 2 years . Loves the rene and has took an interest in the 700xx in the last couple of races.
By the way , "Yes" he is faster than me and he is completely nuts. Awesome to watch though.
Rene airborne is something you have to see.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #9 of 16 Old 10-15-2010, 05:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to NineLivez2Go
I too am a lot of man meat (6'2" 280lbs) and the 700xx has plenty of power and does not feel cramped at all. I also picked up the 700xx over the 700r raptor because of the price difference. Now that I have had the xx for sometime, I am not disappointed at all. Takes a little getting used to the irs but once that happens you'll wonder why they didn't think of it earlier.

Use the money you save buying the xx over the rappy and mod the shit out of it starting with new wheels and tires.
post #10 of 16 Old 10-17-2010, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the advise guys, Went looking at a few local shops for a TRX700XX ... NO LUCK!

might have to make a little drive to Atlanta.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode