User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 02-28-2011, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your new SoCal Pal

Hey forum,

So I've been creeping this website for well over a year now, drooling over everyones XX and looking constantly for one within my price range and area. The long wait is finally over, I picked up a 08' 700xx with one hour one it, never seen the trails, only dealership pavement. The entire 5 hour drive back home, I couldn't stop looking at the mean look the 700xx was giving me in the rear view mirror. I'm waiting on my title to come in so I can get a California state sticker on it to take it riding. I took it down the street 3 times and omg, the response and power was amazing. Third gear brought the tires up with ease. And from what I hear, a few mods really bring this thing alive. To me it already seems alive and on roids lol.

I have been riding a Honda 300ex for 13 years now. My dad bought the 300ex brand new in a 93 and it has been through hell and back, and still runs/rides amazing!! The reliability on the 300ex has me sold on the reliability on Honda. My brother has a 99' 400ex and same thing, tried and true. I'm still keeping the 300ex so if any friends without quads want to go riding I don't have to go alone. After graduating college recently and getting a big boy job, it was time to move up to a big boy quad.

So I'm excited to get out, experience what the 700xx has to offer (which sounds like a sh!t ton), and be a part of this forum. It seems like everyone is willing to help each other out and has a lot of great information. I'm new to Cali so if anyone in the Santa Barbara surrounding areas are planning a trip, I'm always willing to meet new folks and new trails.

Once I get over the shock of how much $$ came out of my bank account at once, and get some miles on the bone stock 700xx, upgrades will come!

-Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-28-2011, 06:28 PM

First thing I would do, remove myself from cali, then go riding. Have fun with the new ride and you already should know a lot about it already.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #3 of 16 Old 02-28-2011, 06:52 PM

Welcome Nick. I'm in SoCal (Laguna Beach) too. There is a big race at Glamis on 3/11-3/12 you should come out, there will be a lot of sick high HP bikes out.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)

post #4 of 16 Old 02-28-2011, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats on the new purchase!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #5 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 12:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
welcome to the site! enjoy have fun and take pictures!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #6 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitor08 View Post
First thing I would do, remove myself from cali, then go riding. Have fun with the new ride and you already should know a lot about it already.
hahahaha the xx was born in cali, baja is where its at!

welcome to the site ride hard and dont look back(raptor guys dont like it when we stare)

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #7 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 02:28 AM

Congrats on the new bike!!!

post #8 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 04:06 AM

Congrats on the Purchase... looks like there are more XXs in So cal then I thought.. DL700 we are pretty much neighbors.

2008 TRX700XX
DWT Red label Wheels
Razer II tires
Fox Float Evol X Front Shocks
Fox Podium X Rears
Pro Armor Nerfs
Trail tech Bar clamps
Flexx Handle bars
Barker Exhaust
EHS Lid
EHS Programmer
Acerbis Uniko Handguards

2011 Can Am Commander 1000X
post #9 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
Congrats on the Purchase... looks like there are more XXs in So cal then I thought.. DL700 we are pretty much neighbors.
I was just out in your neck of the woods several weeks ago. Ever been to or heard of King of the Hammers race? I was there for my first time, talk about some sick Jeeps/rigs! I thought my Jeep was respectable (off-road wise) until I experienced what just the spectators brought to watch the race lol.
post #10 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08700xx View Post
Welcome Nick. I'm in SoCal (Laguna Beach) too. There is a big race at Glamis on 3/11-3/12 you should come out, there will be a lot of sick high HP bikes out.
I'm actually going to be in San Diego that week and headed back north on the 11th, I might have to swing east and check it out. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode