User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-06-2011, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello!

Hi all from Kenya!
Ive just purchased a new grey 700 and am waiting on delivery!!!
Took a lot to convince me off two wheels but after seeing the beast I couldnít resist
Irs was the only way to go for me and polaris quality and physical size ruled itself out (ktm motor was the strong point for me)
So anyway the bike is for racing purposes (cross country / hare and hound(?) type events) and I am reading up hard on this form on how to get it to perform as I want without having to sell the other kidney (first one financed the bike). So far it seems the only real complaint is the shocks.
Hope to be happy customer/member
With regards
Tchui
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-06-2011, 10:02 AM

Welcome to the Club! Let the modding begin!
post #3 of 10 Old 05-06-2011, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Welcome... I'd say to get ready to part with the other kidney.
1. Better shocks = $$
2. Better tires = $
3. Better rims = $
4. Steering damper = $
5. Good bumper = $
6. Nerf bars = $
7. Big 3 = $$
8. Skid plate = $
How much are kidneys going for in Kenya?
9. A-arms from Ed = $
10. Steering stem = $
11. Bar clamp = $
12. Bars = $
13. Hand grips = $
14. Hand guards = $
15. Gripper seat = $
16. IMS tank = $
Is it heart attack time yet?
17. Motor mods = $$ to $$$
18. Clutch = $

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #4 of 10 Old 05-06-2011, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

hahaha
well your a funny fella!!
so far ive confirmed plans for foam grips, nerf bars and steering damper. stages are about 80 max 90 km so stock tank should do. i weigh 75kg with kit. besides i can get built custom dakar type tanks for not much money for some dual sporting should i get the time.
im tempted to also get the shock and vibe mount after i rode my brothers outlander with precision damper and it still shook alot

ds450 shock conversion and wiigstyle rears are what im reading up on now. but cant find much detail on spring ratings which i think are most critical.

i think thats all ill need to get me into the points and then will see from there.

the li8ton sway bar seems very popular but is that not like trying to move the quad to be an sra with high ground clearance? ill read up some more on it....

what top speed can i expect from the 700?

tchui
post #5 of 10 Old 05-06-2011, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchui View Post
hahaha
well your a funny fella!!
so far ive confirmed plans for foam grips, nerf bars and steering damper. stages are about 80 max 90 km so stock tank should do. i weigh 75kg with kit. besides i can get built custom dakar type tanks for not much money for some dual sporting should i get the time.
im tempted to also get the shock and vibe mount after i rode my brothers outlander with precision damper and it still shook alot

ds450 shock conversion and wiigstyle rears are what im reading up on now. but cant find much detail on spring ratings which i think are most critical.

i think thats all ill need to get me into the points and then will see from there.

the li8ton sway bar seems very popular but is that not like trying to move the quad to be an sra with high ground clearance? ill read up some more on it....

what top speed can i expect from the 700?

tchui
1. I'd check out the CCP damper on eBay first... about 1/3 the price.
2. Not quite... the L8ton sway bar will help (considerably) with sliding turns while maintaining the IRS articulation.
3. Rev limiter is about 87.5mph in 5th... but in stock form, you'd be too corked up to actually hit that. You'd get closer to hitting the rev limit if you open it up... as in... full exhaust, air box and filter and efi controller.
That top speed will drop to about 80 with a 13t front sprocket.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters

post #6 of 10 Old 05-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
tchui,
Welcome to the forum. Try to get some photos or a video. Please keep in touch with us. We "hunger" for pictures and/or videos.
Good luck with your racing.
Sid
post #7 of 10 Old 05-08-2011, 12:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
^^^^Sid so true!

Tchui welcome to the site... I rode mine for a season then did my mods by what I felt would benifit me as a rider... so enjoy the ride and mod from there or you will need 2 kidneys to pay for it all...lol

look forward to seeing where you ride so I vote buy a gopro

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #8 of 10 Old 05-08-2011, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

just got back from a race, renegade in full flight is quite a sight!

80 is what i used to top out at on my bike, dont have the cojones for more so that should be ok.

bike should be here in 2 weeks, its coming from another country on another continent...

ill take it out first then decide whats what.

will try work on the pictures!

thanks for the welcomes!
post #9 of 10 Old 05-09-2011, 04:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
welcome... get nef bars!

08 TRX700XX
-uni
-primary drive 13t
-pclll
-soon to have a cp 11:1

99 ford f-250 ccsb 7.3

-skyjacker 6'' lift
- 315-75r16 pro comp xtarrain
-sct 100hp tune
-straight pipe with 4'' dp
-dana 60 swap with mile marker hubs

06 pos hyundia tuscon
-dont buy one there junk

live to ride and ride to live
post #10 of 10 Old 05-16-2011, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

took my first serious ride on a quad this weekend. brothers outlander. compared to a bike its like cheating in the medium rough stuff! it just drives over everything with no drama. i did find myself wanting more power in the open. rear wheel spacer shat itself mid bend after 40km and that was that. hope trx treats me better. looks like changing gears will be much harder than on a bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode