New to the XX - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-03-2011, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New to the XX

Hey ya'll. I just acquired my new to me 2008 700XX during a trade for my 2005 GSXR 750. Today was the first time I've ever ridden one but it felt like I've been riding it forever, probably because I've been trying to ride my Honda Rincon like it was one, lol. I had already grown accustomed to manuevering an IRS atv, but comparing these two machines ends there. The XX has way more useable power, but it is fairly easy to control. The guy I got it from may or may not have been a member here, but he put a lot of money into it and he did a great job with it. It is in excellent condition for an 08, and if I didn't know any better I would have guessed it was a 2010 model. So far after one ride, I am very impressed with the machine. For being quite a bit heavier than 450's, the motor makes up for it with some to spare. I went for a ride with my dad, who rides a 1985 Yamaha XT600 dual sport that he stripped down for trail use, and the 700 kept up just fine with his bike. On a rolling start I could out accelerate him, but he would catch up to me in a few seconds and slowly pull away. The way his bike is set up, it will probably run just over 85mph. I have not checked the speed on his bike or the 700, but I would assume I was running between 75-80mph, but I could be wrong. I can't wait to get some more ridding time on it, and test it out at a few rides this year while getting some good hillclimbing and trail riding footage on the gopro. I have a few vids of riding my Rincon on my youtube page if you's guy's are interested. Links at the bottom of my signature. hoipefully I can contribute to the site, at least a little.

The previous owner installed the following mods;
Curtis Sparks full exhaust
Power Commander V
Uni-filter & modded air box lid
Moose chassis, front and rear A-arm skid plates
Maxxis 23" front and 22" RAZR II tires on ITP aluminum wheels
Elka Stage 1 shocks
IMS 5 gallon gas tank
Powermadd Handguards
Blocked off parking brake
13 tooth front sprocket.
All I may buy for now is a good front bumper, and some shock covers to keep the Elkas nice and perrdy.

Some Picks of the DoubleX

2008 Honda TRX700XX
*Curtis Sparks X-6 Full Exhaust
*Power Commander V
*Pro Design Air Filter
*Elka Stage One Shocks
*Pro Taper Evo Bars
*Trail Tech Big Bar Clamp
*MSR Clutch Perch
*Powermadd Handguards
*ODI Rogue Grips
*IMS 5gal Tank
*Pro Armor XC Bumper
*PRM Full Skid Plates
*Maxxis Razr II Tires
*ITP Aluminum Rims

2007 Honda Rincon GPScape

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-03-2011, 04:56 AM

welcome to the club and enjoy the quad. u should be able to find out just about anything u need to know about the xx on this forum.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
11.0:1 CP Piston || +3 Throttle Body by Cuervo Racing || Web 290 Cam
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3
Rear 22" Kenda Kutter XC tires || Rear 22" ITP Sand Star tires

Dyno Tuned by Cuervo Racing @ 53.82rwhp & 44tq
post #3 of 10 Old 07-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
JBGILL06,
Welcome to the forum. All those videos are outstanding. Snow riding is great.
It sure look like you and your riding buddies know those trails with and without the snow.
Thanks,
Sid

post #4 of 10 Old 07-03-2011, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Sid. The trails are pretty nice, and we have a name for every trail area. they are scattered around the outside of our town. We use the train tracks and back roads to get to each one. But, not many people have been riding lately, so all of the trails are over grown with prickers! I'm going to have to Load my Rincon up with some blades and go choppin.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
*Power Commander V
*Pro Design Air Filter
*Elka Stage One Shocks
*Pro Taper Evo Bars
*MSR Clutch Perch
*Powermadd Handguards
*ODI Rogue Grips
*IMS 5gal Tank
*Pro Armor XC Bumper
*PRM Full Skid Plates
*Maxxis Razr II Tires
*ITP Aluminum Rims

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-03-2011, 04:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to NineLivez2Go
Nice 700xx. I also have a motorcycle that gets no love anymore because of the 700xx.

I was checking out your youtube page and noticed you went to Fishers 3rd annual atv reunion, was it a good time or what? I have plans to attend this year and was curious what I was getting into.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-03-2011, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLivez2Go View Post
Nice 700xx. I also have a motorcycle that gets no love anymore because of the 700xx.

I was checking out your youtube page and noticed you went to Fishers 3rd annual atv reunion, was it a good time or what? I have plans to attend this year and was curious what I was getting into.
I had fun there. There isn't anything really challenging there, like hill climbs are tracks. It was mostly open trails with a few mud pits and some rocky trail sections. But they had a lot of vendors, bucky covington played a show last year, they had an obstical course you could enter and a mud bog. I will be bring the XX and the Rincon next year so hopefully it will be more fun.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
*Power Commander V
*Pro Design Air Filter
*Elka Stage One Shocks
*Pro Taper Evo Bars
*MSR Clutch Perch
*Powermadd Handguards
*ODI Rogue Grips
*IMS 5gal Tank
*Pro Armor XC Bumper
*PRM Full Skid Plates
*Maxxis Razr II Tires
*ITP Aluminum Rims

post #7 of 10 Old 07-04-2011, 01:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to NineLivez2Go
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBGILL06 View Post
I had fun there. There isn't anything really challenging there, like hill climbs are tracks. It was mostly open trails with a few mud pits and some rocky trail sections. But they had a lot of vendors, bucky covington played a show last year, they had an obstical course you could enter and a mud bog. I will be bring the XX and the Rincon next year so hopefully it will be more fun.
Sounds like a good time. I'm planning on going all 3 days along with a few friends, my wife and daughter.

Do you know if they allow generators while camping? Your not going this year?
post #8 of 10 Old 07-04-2011, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLivez2Go View Post
Sounds like a good time. I'm planning on going all 3 days along with a few friends, my wife and daughter.

Do you know if they allow generators while camping? Your not going this year?
I meant for this year, I should have said next time. There were quite a few camp sites with generators, so I would assume your allowed. Also, last year they had a portable shower company there and charged $5 a shower. I was skeptical about them, but they were clean. Reminded me of college dorm showers. So if you plan on getting dirty, then bring your towel and shower kit with you just incase they have them again this year. And it was pretty quiet, they enforce the no riding after like 11 oclock, so you can actually get a good nights sleep.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
*Power Commander V
*Pro Design Air Filter
*Elka Stage One Shocks
*Pro Taper Evo Bars
*MSR Clutch Perch
*Powermadd Handguards
*ODI Rogue Grips
*IMS 5gal Tank
*Pro Armor XC Bumper
*PRM Full Skid Plates
*Maxxis Razr II Tires
*ITP Aluminum Rims

post #9 of 10 Old 07-04-2011, 10:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
welcome to the site! Enjoy! How was mind and meadows was it worth the trip? are the caverns cool?
nikki

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #10 of 10 Old 07-04-2011, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagirl71 View Post
welcome to the site! Enjoy! How was mind and meadows was it worth the trip? are the caverns cool?
nikki
Actually, I didn't go into the mines, I think my quads are too loud for them. I went this year, and last year. Although I had fun, once was probably enough. I doubt I will be going back anytime soon. If you're coming from New Jersey, I wouldn't waste the trip because there are better areas to ride at if you want to travel that far.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
*Power Commander V
*Pro Design Air Filter
*Elka Stage One Shocks
*Pro Taper Evo Bars
*MSR Clutch Perch
*Powermadd Handguards
*ODI Rogue Grips
*IMS 5gal Tank
*Pro Armor XC Bumper
*PRM Full Skid Plates
*Maxxis Razr II Tires
*ITP Aluminum Rims

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode