Hello from Knoxville, TN - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 10-05-2011, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Knoxville, TN

Hi All. Been riding ATV's since 2003. I'm still riding my first Quad, a 2001 Yamaha Wolverine. I've broke the 50yr. old barrier and that quad just beats me to death any more. I'm wanting IRS, but still not ready to settle on a Utility Quad. Hence, the 700XX. I was stoked when I ran across it on-line.

I rode one today and what a Beast!

My biggest fear... being able to find OEM parts down the road, since they only made it for 2008 and 2009 (and it appears, very few at that). The dealer I visited today still had several 2008's in Stock.

What's the consensus opinion on being able to find OEM parts 5-7 years from now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-05-2011, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
1st off welcome to the site. 2nd you now own a Honda, so I wouldnt worry about replacing stock parts. Just upgrade the stuff you want, the rest will last!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Sid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
tdragano,
Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find by reading many of the threads/posts, on this forum, that there are not too many things that might go wrong with the TRX700XX. It is really rugged. However, and there is always a "however" if you stick with the stock rear tires you'll find the rears not readily available (odd size) through too many sources. The original size is pretty expensive through Honda. A number of the members have switched to a different size. Of course that's your call. The other thing you might read up on is the changing of the output shaft sprocket from a 14 tooth to a 13 tooth. This makes the lower gears more user friendly. I changed mine and it allowed me to cruise in second gear without having to constantly shift to keep the RPMs up. Some say it reduces the top speed but I haven’t noticed this because this machine goes fast enough for me. As time goes by you might even decide to change the shocks. I put on the Elka Stage 3 units and am very pleased with the ride results. Definitely majorly adjustable. All these items and any others that forum members might suggest can and should be considered after you have some experience with the XX. Your weight, riding style, type of area you wish to ride in all enter into future decision making on any modifications to the machine.
Good Luck with this fine machine and I know that IRS is outstanding and will make you smile as you hit the trails.
Sid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode