new from Missouri - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-16-2011, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
new from Missouri

Just bought an 08 700xx in July. still new to the IRS but getting used to it. Having a hard time finding rear tires. Everything is still OEM, any suggestions would be great. I see alot of people changing wheels to get more variety of tires. Is this the better route?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-16-2011, 11:14 AM

Where you from in Mo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #3 of 16 Old 10-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
302honda,
Welcome to the forum. I can't recommend on tires because I choose to stay with the OEM. That doesn't mean that you should do the same. There are many who have changed to aftermarket rims and different tires with great success.
Good luck with your search and enjoy the XX.
Sid

post #4 of 16 Old 10-16-2011, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Ashland, Missouri about 15 miles south of columbia. Do you run the oem dunlops Sid?
post #5 of 16 Old 10-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Sid

302honda,
Yes I do. I am pleased with their performance. I ride mostly in the Mojave Desert (Central California). Lots of sand, rocks, and steep hills with ancient Lava, Granite and Quartz outcroppings. Nasty on tires. The Dunlops are hanging in there. Porbably be able to get several hundred hours before replacing them. Not that they will be worn out but those rocks are sharp and I really don't want to have to stuff the holes with plugs in the event of bad punctures. Just my opinion.
Sid
post #6 of 16 Old 10-16-2011, 03:36 PM

I go to finger lakes sometimes, I know where Ashland is. Go to fulton too. For the stuff around here the dunlops suck. I got the kenda kutters on the rear, very good tire and cheaper than the oems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

post #7 of 16 Old 10-16-2011, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302honda View Post
Just bought an 08 700xx in July. still new to the IRS but getting used to it. Having a hard time finding rear tires. Everything is still OEM, any suggestions would be great. I see alot of people changing wheels to get more variety of tires. Is this the better route?
Welcome to the club, and great pick on the Trx700xx. I didnt get much wear out of the stock tires. I herd they dont like blacktop, and I tend to ride on the road at times. So like a year later I went with the factory size Kenda Kutters on the rear. And picked up a set of slightly used Razr2's for the front. The fronts are 22" instead of the oem 21's. Heres a picture of what Im using on my 700, seams to work well.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #8 of 16 Old 10-17-2011, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

iv rode at finger lakes a couple times, i got some land at my house an built a track an some trails around here with some buddies. i do like the razrs and the kutters that what most of the guys have around here. does anyone make a 21x9x11's im a pretty small guy i was trying to get it a little lower, less body roll? diggin the six pack rack!
post #9 of 16 Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 AM

Look into the l8ton swaybars, I'm gonna get the 9/16 bar. Also, getting away from the oem rear tires helps a lot to. The factory tires flex alot in the sidewall, the kutters don't. It slides easier with the kutters. You could loosen premise on rear might get a little more drop, but this will increase the roll slightly. Could also cut the rear shock down some, someone on here has done it.

MY RIDES

post #10 of 16 Old 10-17-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
302honda,
Yes I do. I am pleased with their performance. I ride mostly in the Mojave Desert (Central California). Lots of sand, rocks, and steep hills with ancient Lava, Granite and Quartz outcroppings. Nasty on tires. The Dunlops are hanging in there. Porbably be able to get several hundred hours before replacing them. Not that they will be worn out but those rocks are sharp and I really don't want to have to stuff the holes with plugs in the event of bad punctures. Just my opinion.
Sid
i have 300hrs on my stock tires and they are about used up, moreso the rears im gonna upgrade to kutters they are cheaper than maxxis and just as good in my opinion

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode