New from Williamsburg, VA - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 10-24-2011, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New from Williamsburg, VA

Just bought my whole family quads after being tired of seeing my son stuck in front of the PS3 all weekend. I bought my son and daughter each used TRX90's and my Fiance an 06 TRX 400EX, and I got myself an 08 700XX.

After riding the 400 a few weeks the 700xx is def. different to ride. We ride mostly wooded trails, so I already ordered the 13T sprocket, and am about to order the L8ton bar. I'm 6'3" 270#'s, so I guess I'm gonna try the 11/16" one.

Hopefully we get to make some weekend trips to Buscoe in NC, and Hatfield in WV within the next year, as we have limited areas to ride around the house.

Thanks for having such an informative forum on a relatively limited production quad.

08 700XX
06 400EX
04 TRX90
98 TRX90
12 Raptor 125
07 Seadoo RXP
06 Seadoo RXP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-24-2011, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
welcome dam what a change you dropped some $$$$ to buy all them but youll enjoy them with your family is what counts !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 Old 10-24-2011, 09:44 PM

You should have a lot of fun with the family now.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
*Curtis Sparks X-6 Full Exhaust
*Power Commander V
*Pro Design Air Filter
*Elka Stage One Shocks
*Pro Taper Evo Bars
*Trail Tech Big Bar Clamp
*MSR Clutch Perch
*Powermadd Handguards
*ODI Rogue Grips
*IMS 5gal Tank
*Pro Armor XC Bumper
*PRM Full Skid Plates
*Maxxis Razr II Tires
*ITP Aluminum Rims

2007 Honda Rincon GPScape

post #4 of 22 Old 10-24-2011, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird88 View Post
welcome dam what a change you dropped some $$$$ to buy all them but youll enjoy them with your family is what counts !
Thanks. Used quads are surprisingly cheap nowadays. I actually have less than $8k in all of them. Thats less than buying just one new one. haha Having only 2 days off since Hurricane Irene came through helped also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBGILL06 View Post
You should have a lot of fun with the family now.
We already have been having a blast. If I ever trailer them back home on one of our visits, I'll give you a shout, as I am from Linesville PA originally, on Pymatuning Lake. We make it home at least a few times a year.

08 700XX
06 400EX
04 TRX90
98 TRX90
12 Raptor 125
07 Seadoo RXP
06 Seadoo RXP
post #5 of 22 Old 10-25-2011, 07:13 AM

grin

i used to own an 06 400 ex before the 700xx and also had 07 trx 90 for my daughter and she outgrowed it, both good quads though.

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #6 of 22 Old 10-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Sid

exhausted,
Welcome to the forum. Glad you saw the need to have family fun together. Those PS3s have their place but the quad riding is definitely better for the family. I'm sure everyone is equipped with the safety essentials. Any questions on any of the machines be sure to ask. There are many people on this forum that will be glad to help or suggest places to look.
Sid
post #7 of 22 Old 10-25-2011, 05:59 PM

Those little 90's can be upgraded so much. They're sure to bring years of enjoyment.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #8 of 22 Old 10-25-2011, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird88 View Post
i used to own an 06 400 ex before the 700xx and also had 07 trx 90 for my daughter and she outgrowed it, both good quads though.
Ya, we are loving them so far. I got really lucky with scoring some really nice quads. Other than a couple of them sat before I bought them, so the carbs were pretty gunked up from the ethanol fuel going bad in them, other than that we have had no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
exhausted,
Welcome to the forum. Glad you saw the need to have family fun together. Those PS3s have their place but the quad riding is definitely better for the family. I'm sure everyone is equipped with the safety essentials. Any questions on any of the machines be sure to ask. There are many people on this forum that will be glad to help or suggest places to look.
Sid
Yes, we def. have all the proper safety gear. I'm really surprised at how much my fiance has even taken to it. She is pretty good for only starting to ride a month ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traitor08 View Post
Those little 90's can be upgraded so much. They're sure to bring years of enjoyment.
Ya, I'm pretty surprised at how fast they go once they satrt rolling. My sons throttle is turned down pretty good, and he is begging me to open it up some, but I think he is a little too confident so far. Unfortunately I think he's gonna have to get a couple bumps and bruises before he realizes these aren't just toys.

08 700XX
06 400EX
04 TRX90
98 TRX90
12 Raptor 125
07 Seadoo RXP
06 Seadoo RXP
post #9 of 22 Old 10-25-2011, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Here are a couple quick videos of the family riding this weekend.

My fiance and daughter on my daughters 90, and my son on his.

My daughter and I on the 700xx.

My Fiance climbing a little hill on her 400ex.

My fiance on a little jump on her 400

I'm pretty proud of her for riding so well for such a short period of time.

08 700XX
06 400EX
04 TRX90
98 TRX90
12 Raptor 125
07 Seadoo RXP
06 Seadoo RXP
post #10 of 22 Old 10-25-2011, 07:57 PM

Welcome to the club! You got all Honda's so you should have lots of trouble free fun. Also there are a few cobra guys on here. Enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode