Old fart buys a nice used XX! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 12-03-2011, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Old fart buys a nice used XX!

I've being looking for a ride that will provide a thrill. I've had many utility quads in the past but always felt I needed a bigger rush. The wife even seemed to understand until she saw the machine in the garage. What do you think the odds are that a guy pushing 60 will have fun on the trails with this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-12-02 at 10-12-03.jpg (74.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-12-02 at 10-13-16.jpg (73.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-12-02 at 10-14-07.jpg (73.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-12-02 at 10-15-52.jpg (70.6 KB, 17 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-03-2011, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
grin

welcome to the club!! your 700 looks like its in good condition. youll love riding it. its different but when you figure out the technique youll love it on the trails and everywhere! there is a wide variety of age groups here everything from young farts to old farts and everything in between!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 12-03-2011, 05:41 PM

Welcome to the club.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^

post #4 of 10 Old 12-03-2011, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Weclome to the club. And I think you may have very well found that bigger rush your looking for with the new Trx700xx. And as far as you having fun pushing 60, It just depends on your health. If your in 1/2 decent shape you will have a ball! And I herd that 60 is the new 40's, lol....

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #5 of 10 Old 12-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Sid

xinu,
As one old fart to another welcome to the forum. Lots of valuable information here. If you have a pacemaker it will never be needed to get your heart rate up. The 700XX is more fun than you can realize. I have a utility quad for my "old fart" days and the 700XX for "white knuckle" days. Love them both.
Have fun and remember that the 700CCs is really responsive in such a small package.
If you decide you would like to lounge around at lower speeds instead of shifting continuously you might investigate changing the output shaft sprocket from a 14 tooth to a 13. Much more manageable at lower speed and virtually no loss of top speed, well at least for me.
Sid
post #6 of 10 Old 12-03-2011, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Wow. Great to hear so quickly from you guys. I've done a lot of looking at the pros and cons of various sports and utility sports quads and the 700xx seemed to be what I was looking for. I've had honda utility bikes and they have been reliable and a good uneventful ride. Its being too cold where I live for an extended ride to get a good idea of how it performs but I can say for sure you need to be in better than half ass shape to push it and enjoy the results. The 13 tooth sounds interesting but I have a small suzuki KQ for putting.
post #7 of 10 Old 12-03-2011, 06:59 PM

The 13 still has plenty for over 70 mph if you push it. Some get close to 80 with it.

MY RIDES

post #8 of 10 Old 12-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Sid

traitor08,
I am commonly what is called a "Wus" (Spelling ?) when it comes to that high a speed on such a small bike. Sure would be nice to have some form of gauges on this machine without cutting and splicing. If they re-introduce this XX I sure hope they include something as simple as a digital gauge pod.

xinu,
Well it looks like you are going to "White knuckle it". This quad is magical in the woods, on "woops", up hills, in the sand and just about every place The independent suspension makes it pretty versatile. Sliding around corners is a bit tricky but with some modifications it will do that very nicely. Many on this forum have done mods to the rear suspension but I have not. They are better qualified then I to comment on it.
Enjoy,
Sid
post #9 of 10 Old 12-03-2011, 09:09 PM

Look up the trail tech vapor, it should be able to tell you everything you need while riding. As far as whiteknuckling it, with the big 3 it will pull the fronts easy thru 4th, I've had the fronts up well past 60 mph. I can tell you rode utilities just by your dashboard comment. These machines are very powerful.

MY RIDES

post #10 of 10 Old 12-04-2011, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinu View Post
The 13 tooth sounds interesting but I have a small suzuki KQ for putting.
Yea the 13th is a must have, if your bike is stock and if your asking me. The Trx700 will not hold its own idle with the factory 14th. This sprocket is like $8 to $24 max and easy to change. One bolt and its off and one more bolt to tighten chain. And another must have since your asking is the L8ton rear sway bar, around $220. It allowed me to take the same corners at a much faster speed. And eliminates the inside tire lift and push, in the corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitor08 View Post
The 13 still has plenty for over 70 mph if you push it. Some get close to 80 with it.
All stock engine but 13th and a uni filter I hit 80.6 and I'm well over 200lbs. So like he says all the power still there, I think you just get to it faster with the 13th.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode