Hoping to join the club... - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-31-2012, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hoping to join the club...

Been shopping around for a Raptor 700 for awhile now to replace my Outlaw 525 IRS that left a couple years back after some broken bones. Remembered the 700XX and started doing some research and discovered Honda is not making them anymore.

Decided this was the way to go and have been hunting for one all weekend. Between the prices that are higher than they should be, and one dealer that is making it hard to give them my money, its been a difficult hunt!

A couple of more dealers open back up tomorrow so that should make it easier! I'm in Northern California and I have no problem driving to SoCal or neighboring states to get it done. Wish me luck!!

If anyone knows of any dealers that have one near the west coast, PLEASE let me know!

Any of you that have purchased one new from a dealer lately, what should I be expecting to pay?

Thanks for the help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-31-2012, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'd love to be able to tell you that I knew of a dealer that had one in the Bay Area, but I don't. There are used ones that come up from time to time on this forum.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 12 Old 01-31-2012, 12:22 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Rob471,
Give Desert Sport Center in Ridgecrest, Ca. a call (Note: Authorized Honda Dealer) . Talk to Greg (760-375-2540). I believe he has two. Can't give you any pricing info, you can discuss that with him. I just talked to him and verified he has two. Both are new. One is an 08 and one is an 09. I bought my Grizzly (2005) and TRX700XX (2008) from him and many street motorcycles. He is a nice guy and has a terrific technician working for him (Jack). Good Luck.
Sid
Address: 413 N. China Lake Blvd, Ridgecrest, Ca. (For GPS)

Last edited by Sid; 01-31-2012 at 01:29 PM.

post #4 of 12 Old 01-31-2012, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Sid,

Thanks for the lead with Desert Sports Center. Just got off the phone with Greg, seems like a really nice, straight up guy. His two bikes are warranty registered already, which means no factory warranty. Any issues you guys see with that?

I'm waiting to hear back from another dealer in SoCal that has four of them listed for pretty cheap. We'll see how cheap they are when he gets back to me and has a crap load of fee's into them!

So far Greg has by far been the best guy i've talked to!

Any changes or differences between the 2008 & 2009 models?

Thanks again for the help!!
post #5 of 12 Old 01-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Sid

Robb471,
The only difference that I know of is the 2009 has a black finish with a real cool but subtle graphics buried in the finish. Looks great but is it worth the extra money? Your call.
Glad you called Greg. He is a straight-up guy. I am so pleased he informed you about the warranty issues. I wouldn't have any problem with the warranty but I am not an aggressive white-knuckle type of rider either. I am sure there are many opinions available on this forum and I hope you will get a real good cross section of those so you can make an intelligent informed decision. Keep us updated on your search.
Sid
post #6 of 12 Old 02-01-2012, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Decision time I guess... 2008 Blk/Red with a warranty $800 more than a 2008 Blk/Sil with no warranty, or $100 more than a 2009 Ghost Black with no warranty.

Tough call. $800 buys alot of stuff, but the warranty is nice and so is the 2009 Ghost Black!!
post #7 of 12 Old 02-01-2012, 10:45 PM

The black ones get better mileage too. Lower hp and all. jk. The best part is, you can't go wrong with any of them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KASH 2011

Last edited by EEHonda; 02-01-2012 at 10:47 PM.
post #8 of 12 Old 02-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Sid

Robb471,
I am so glad you have to make the decision and not me. I can relate to what you are going through. Knowing what I know about the machine, I would use the $800.00 to buy miscellaneous items for the XX. Such as nerfs and maybe a front bumper. I really like the 09 Ghost Black. Sick!!! Lots to choose from. Please don't let me influence your decision.
Good luck,
Sid
post #9 of 12 Old 02-03-2012, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

I pulled the trigger!! Gonna go next week and pick up the Ghost Black 2009 from Greg at Desert Sport Center. Great guy to deal with.

Now to figure out nerds and all the goodies for it!

Sid - thanks for the help and pointing me in Greg's direction!!

Road Kill - my 12yr old is dying to get into racing. Gonna go pick him up a Raptor 250 to replace his Outlaw 90 which goes to my youngest. I will be hitting you up for more info on the SCCS Race. Looks like fun....
post #10 of 12 Old 02-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Sid

Rob471,
Congratulation.
I am sending you a private message.
Sid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode